The Grand Rapids Griffins.

Ding ding ding ding! You win! 

#43 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Glad you posted this first. I figured I'd get some heat for saying the Flyers, but I'm from the area.

Love me some Flyers even though the typical LGW fan has a ton of hatred for them.

Posted Image

#44 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

There is no other team.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#45 wingnut_05

wingnut_05

devoted

• 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

been a wings fan since my dad to me to the joe when i was 7.  when i moved to LA a few years back, i figured, i could at least root for the home team.  i think i hate the kings more now. 

i remember early oiler games with gretzy and coffey....so i have a soft spot for them.  otherwise i'm cheering for whomever is playing against the ducks, penguins, and blackhawks.

#46 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

After leaving Michigan I lived most of my life near Tampa and they were always my 2nd fav team. Me and my mom really like St Louis, Marty not the Blues,ewww;-) Then me and my wife moved to Nashville in '11 and I, of course, hated Preds. But now that we are in east I'm slowly becoming what I once thought was impossible, a pRed Wing fan :-\ gonna be fun watching Jones and Jarnkrok mature as players here in Smashville for years to come..

#47 Red Winged

Red Winged

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

Worst post of all time. If you are a true Red Wings fan there is no second favorite. As soon as the season is over you stop caring. No matter how much you like hockey.

1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008

#48 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

Worst post of all time. If you are a true Red Wings fan there is no second favorite. As soon as the season is over you stop caring. No matter how much you like hockey.

Nonsense.

If the Wings aren't on, I'll watch other games.  Granted, this time of year it's usually a game that has an effect on the standings as far as the Wings are concerned, but I'll also watch the Wild because they're televised around here or the Jets just because they're there.

If someone wants to watch Wings and only Wings, that's certainly their prerogative, but to say that anyone who watches or follows another team isn't a true Wings fan is presumptuous and false.

I present Exhibit A:  me.

Case closed.

#49 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

LA Kings!! They've been my second favorite since I started playing the NHL video games regularly sometime in 2009....

Honorable mentions

Bolts

Oilers

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#50 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Been a wings fan forever and go for them no matter who they play .... I'm all about the wings but I got 2 teams I kinda like but the've sucked ass for a very long time lol

Hasek is my favourite goalie of all time so I followed buffalo as well back then and I like them , never big stars but they had some good years ... Think in 3-5 yrs they'll be really good again

Since I'm canadian I chose Edmonton as my favourite and only canadian team I like .... I'm from montreal but despise the habs ... That being said my friend was surprised when we played the oilers and I was losing it when we lost to them

His exact words were .... At least it's the oilers you like them .... And I was so mad I said something like f*** the oilers! Lol was so bothered I couldn't support them during that cup run they had

Point to all that crap I just wrote lol .... When it comes down to it I'm all detroit redwings till the day I die

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 05 April 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#51 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

If the Wings aren't playing, my second and third favorite teams are automatically whoever is playing a great game at that moment.

As for the bigger picture, I suppose I tend to root for O6 teams not from Toronto or Chicago.  I've got a real soft spot for the Habs.  Outside of that, I'll tend to root for the Isles, Sabres or Tampa, although Tampa is only because of the Detroit connections -- not because I actually like the team.

You know what?  I just like watching good hockey, no matter the team.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#52 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Whichever team is playing Pittsburgh.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#53 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

Capitals

#54 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

This sounds like a 12 year old girl saying you can't like anyone else if I'm your BFF.  

#55 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

I cheer for other teams when Detroit is out of it. But I still find it very hard to cheer for another team. I live in Columbus and I want to see this city get a good team on the ice but I still have a hell of a time cheering for them ever. 

#56 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Detroit is my second favorite team now that y'all aren't in the same division anymore

After leaving Michigan I lived most of my life near Tampa and they were always my 2nd fav team. Me and my mom really like St Louis, Marty not the Blues,ewww;-) Then me and my wife moved to Nashville in '11 and I, of course, hated Preds. But now that we are in east I'm slowly becoming what I once thought was impossible, a pRed Wing fan :-\ gonna be fun watching Jones and Jarnkrok mature as players here in Smashville for years to come..

welcome to the preds wing club

#57 MaynardJmzKeenan

MaynardJmzKeenan

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

welcome to the preds wing club

Thank you kind sir ;-) They been talking about firing Barry no neck Trotz hear on local radio, i really hope they keep him. He's doing best he can with what he's working with. Guarantee they'll be back in contention within a year or two. Weber and Jones are going to be best 1-2 D-men in the NHL ;-)

Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan, 08 April 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#58 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

Have had a soft spot for the Leafs since the late 80's.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#59 STATiK

STATiK

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

When I was younger in the 90's, I always thought the Lightning was such a cool name, so I've followed them pretty much since they've been a team...and when NHL 96 came out for the Sega, I loved the music they'd play when you were the Kings, so those are my two others. Great story, I know

#60 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Since the Dallas Stars :evil:  :evil: just ended the Nashville Predators Season in  a Stupid Shootout,i 'm officially jumping on the Detroit Red Wings Playoff Train