• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 themcityblues

themcityblues

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hurricanes.  Also like the Kings, and.. *shudder* the Ducks.  I have the most respect of any team for the Bruins.

Edited by themcityblues, 08 April 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#62 arag

arag

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Kings

#63 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

Since the Dallas Stars :evil:  :evil: just ended the Nashville Predators Season in  a Stupid Shootout,i 'm officially jumping on the Detroit Red Wings Playoff Train

Welcome aboard the bandwagon hopefully you enjoy your stay. Sad to hear that but not surprisingly the Preds needed scoring help since almost forever.

True Legends never die

RIP Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe

May you lace them up in heaven forever!

#64 NYC Wings Fanatic

NYC Wings Fanatic

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I've always had the Stars as my second favorite team. Being an old timer, I remember the days of Bobby Smith, Bill Goldsworthy, Dino Ciccarelli, Cesare Maniago, Danny Grant, Derian Hatcher, etc., and rolled over my fandom (distinctly second to the Wings) when they moved to Dallas. Having Jim Nill over there hasn't hurt the connection, either.

Edited by NYC Wings Fanatic, 09 April 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#65 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Since the Dallas Stars :evil:  :evil: just ended the Nashville Predators Season in  a Stupid Shootout,i 'm officially jumping on the Detroit Red Wings Playoff Train

I was pulling for the preds to pull it off, but you guys will do better next season...
A handful of damn good young talent with some experience under its belt, and (hopefully) a healthy pekka rinne.... You'll be tough for sure.
But until then, its good to have you on board.

#66 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• Silver Booster
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Boston here.

#67 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Red Wings first and always.

However, being that I grew up in Pennsylvania and detest anything and everything s***zburgh, I always have liked the Flyers.  Now that I live in Columbus, I really would like the CBJ to have some success so the franchise can grow here and the hockey environment stablizes so the kids can play the great game.

Obviously if either is playing the Wings I cheer for the Wings, but those 2 I don't mind seeing have success either. 

Oh and F s***zburgh, s***cago, s*** Jose, LA Queens and anyone and anything associated with the Divealanche.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#68 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

I really only follow Detroit and GR, but I must say the Canucks have been a fun team to watch lately,...implode off ice, that is.

#69 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Don't have a second favorite team, but I like a lot of favorite players from other teams.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 09 April 2014 - 11:31 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#70 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

I don't know if I have a 2nd team now. When I was a kid in 1997, I adopted the Flyers as my 2nd favorite team after the Red Wings beat them in the Finals. I liked because of their name, uniforms, the fact that they were the team that the Red Wings beat in the Stanley Cup Finals, and I also liked their history of being the sort of big badasses of the NHL. I always thought of them as the NHL's Oakland Raiders. 

These days, I tend to pull for the Original 6 teams to at least make the playoffs. There's nothing worse for the league and fans than having a bunch of small non-traditional market teams such as Anaheim and New Jersey in the Stanley Cup Finals every year. It's no wonder ratings were in the crapper during the early 2000s. 

I also find myself pulling for the Blues during the playoffs since they have never won the Stanley Cup, and play in a great sports town that reminds me a lot of Detroit. 

#71 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

Critically Acclaimed Roster Managment Guru In Training

• Silver Booster
  • 11,685 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

The Grand Rapids Griffins! :ninja:

If You Need Roster Help or Predictions, Don't Hesitate To Ask!

The Red Wings Need Pugnaciousness...

#72 DatsyukianDekes

DatsyukianDekes

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Washington!

Give Ovi da cup!

#73 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

I hate every other NHL team

I bought some Maple Lea Tea.  It cost a fortune and didn't come with a Cup.

#74 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

I support the Jackets since I live in Columbus, but not when the Wings come to town.

#75 Bill Berzeench

Bill Berzeench

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

Toronto just because I love their jersey. It might as well say "Canada F%$king Rules" on it!!

#76 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

D-BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

I don't watch Winnipeg but I want to see them do well.

Favorite teams to watch are the leafs (Love seeing them lose) and probably the Sens. If I had a second favorite team though I'd have to say Washington. Ever since the year Mike Green had like 500 goals in a season I've enjoyed watching them play.

Most hated teams:

Montreal

Boston

San Jose

PIT

I don't even mind Chicago :) We always seem to beat them and I loved watching Wings Vs Hawks game. It's really a shame we don't play them 8 times a year anymore

Edited by WingsallTheway, 18 January 2016 - 08:57 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#77 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,259 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

Living close to Buffalo, I've gone to about 10 Sabres games (8 times they've played the Wings :cool:). Detroit and Buffalo have a lot of similarities, so I've always liked to see the Sabres play well. Things will change though since we're in the same division now, and when they start winning games.

#78 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

Habs. Great history and Montreal is something special when they are on a run. I can just open my apartment window and listen for the screams and profanity to keep track of the score come playoff time. 

#79 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

Habs. Great history and Montreal is something special when they are on a run. I can just open my apartment window and listen for the screams and profanity to keep track of the score come playoff time. 

They are on a run a losing run. They are only ever something special when price is in net. The team as a whole is garbage without price

#80 e_prime

e_prime

Drew Miller Fan Club President

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:54 PM

The New York Islanders.

My #millermancrush is undeniable. You're my boy, Drew!

--

Is that a pearl I'm supposed to keep, cuz you are putting me to sleep

I know you think you're deep alright, but you should stay in the shallow end.

- Superchunk 'Shallow End' The Jerky Boys OST