• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

WE FINALLY HAVE A SHORTER INJURY COUNT THAN THE OTHER TEAM (knocks on all the wood)

every game is a must win in my book. LGW

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Expected Sabres lineup:

Cody Hodgson - Zemgus Girgensons - Brian Flynn

Ville Leino - Tyler Ennis - Nicolas Deslauriers

Marcus Foligno Some AHL Guy - Johan Larsson - Matt D'Agostini

Cory Conacher - Matt Ellis - John Scott

Christian Ehrhoff - Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber - Chad Ruhwedel

Jake McCabe - Jamie McBain

Matt Hackett

Nathan Lieuwen

We're 21-2-1 (plus a tie) in our past 25 games against the Sabres. 12-0-1 at the Joe.

Edited by Dabura, 04 April 2014 - 01:42 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

I'm excited for this game.   Should have worn my 'moves like Datsyuk' shirt today.  If Pavs stays on the third line against that Sabres' lineup, hold onto your hats Wings' fans.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#24 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

Didn't Foligno go down for them yesterday? Thought I saw that. Not that it'll make a lot of difference but it could be one less big body to have to play against. Let's all hope Scott doesn't kill someone this game.

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Let's see, won a few games, facing a terrible team with nothing to play for with a third string goalie.

This has upset written all over it.

But seriously, a multi goal win would be great.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Didn't Foligno go down for them yesterday? Thought I saw that. Not that it'll make a lot of difference but it could be one less big body to have to play against. Let's all hope Scott doesn't kill someone this game.

Yep, you're right, Foligno is almost certainly out. My bad.

I do worry about Scott. I also worry about their no-name goalies + any player that hasn't scored a goal at the NHL level.

The really good news is that Jimmy absolutely owns this team.

Edited by Dabura, 04 April 2014 - 11:32 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hackett probably in goal for BUF

#28 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

its_in_the_bag.jpg

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#29 Wings02

Wings02

Thank you dad for not making me a Leafs fan

• 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

looks like a classic letdown game...

does it? really? this is what a classic let down game is in the websters dictionary? can we get a reference please 

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Normally I'd say I'm nervous about this one, but after Boston on Weds, I'm certain it's gonna be 2 points in regulation. Not only are we head and shoulders better then Buffalo, but we're 100% more desperate. TOR and CBS won last night, so it's an important game tonight.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

I heard alf is most
Likley playing tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Is this right? Leino has ZERO goals in 54 games this season?!? Only 10 in 134 games since Buffalo signed him?!? I know the guy is talented. He showed glimpses here and played well in Philidelphia. I guess some people play better when less is expected from them. Let's hope he does not break out of his goal-scoring slump tonight ... unless it's when Detroit has a big lead, then I won't mind so much. I feel for the guy.   

#33 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Winners of three straight, the Wings enter tonight’s game with a 91.6 percent chance of making the playoffs for the 23rd straight time, per Sports Club Stats.

gotta love having our fate in our own hands, esspecially with the play as of late.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#34 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Wings win 14-3.  Datsyuk with a goal and 13 assists.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#35 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

does it? really? this is what a classic let down game is in the websters dictionary? can we get a reference please 

Just looked it up see number 6 specifically

let·down

[let-doun] Show IPA
noun
1.   a decrease in volume, force, energy, etc.: a letdown in sales; a general letdown of social barriers.
2.   disillusionment, discouragement, or disappointment: The job was a letdown.
3.   depression; deflation: He felt a terrible letdown at the end of the play.
4.   the accelerated movement of milk into the mammary glands of lactating mammals upon stimulation, as by massage or suckling.
5.  Aeronautics . the descent of an aircraft from a higher to a lower altitude preparatory to making an approach and landing or to making a target run or the like.
6.  game a game where the players from Detroit decide that they will win games on talent alone and not a combination of hustle and talent.  Then decide to play with 10 minutes left in game down  2 goals. Usually occurs after a heroic game/moment but has been seen based on opponents after a west coast road trip.

Edited by AtlantaHotWings, 04 April 2014 - 01:35 PM.

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#36 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Looks like Datsyuk and Nyquist (aka Datsyuk Jr.) will be on the first PP unit. Stoked to see what these two can do together.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#37 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

As I said in the playoff race thread, our win vs Boston is only huge if we win tonight. I really feel we are over those let down games this time of year and I think we will win by at least 2 goals but I'll take 2 points in any form.

Go Wings!

#38 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

As I said in the playoff race thread, our win vs Boston is only huge if we win tonight. I really feel we are over those let down games this time of year and I think we will win by at least 2 goals but I'll take 2 points in any form.

Go Wings!

This is a really good point. there would have been no difference if we lost to Boston, and won tonight.

We just need to win all we can from here on out.

LGRW!!

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#39 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

I heard alf is most
Likley playing tonight

eb1qnl.jpg

:confused1:

Edited by drumnj, 04 April 2014 - 03:33 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#40 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Our PP is starting to look as slow as a game of shuffleboard at a retirement home, hopefully with Pav back in the power play will pick up.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen