• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

A good start for next year would be to get rid of thatf****** stupid number and pick something else. 90. Barf.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Big surprise.  Our trainers failed yet again.

Fire these idiots!

This sounds like a complication from surgery to me. I don't think its a training thing. Nothing he or the trainers can do but rest now, I bet.

But yeah, fire them because I do think they were responsible In part for this whole season.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

What a great signing this has been, he played like BS when healthy and after that he is injured all the time. That's exactly why I didn't want this guy here he came back after almost missing half a seaon last year and now he is AGAIN missing 50 ~ games.  With 30+ Weiss has some serious offseason work to do if he wants to get back into hockeyshape and hopefully contribute something positive to our line-up.

Desasterous signing so far I'd take Clarkson over him at least the guy can stay fairly healthy..

The problem was/has been that he was never fully healthy... even to start the season.  Agree that he has a lot of work to do to get himself back, but there really was no way of knowing that this would be the outcome of his initial season with the Wings.  It's a shame.  ...and to say otherwise is foolish.

Clarkson may be healthy, but he'll have been out 22 games over the course of the season (10 game suspension, 2 games suspension, and 10 missed games due to injury/flu)  On top of that, he certainly hasn't been the same player that he was when he was in NJ.  5 goals, 6 assists, -14.  So, I'm really torn.  I like him as a player but I think LaffsNation might have thought they were getting a little more than this when he was signed... alot of people here had the same thoughts about him... So yeah, he'd probably have been a disappointment here too. 

Additionally, you gotta remember that Weiss was signed because he was a center and essentially a replacement for Filpulla.  Clarkson is not a centerman.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

This sounds like a complication from surgery to me. I don't think its a training thing. Nothing he or the trainers can do but rest now, I bet. But yeah, fire them because I do think they were responsible In part for this whole season.

Give them the same treatment Henry VIII would when it comes to reasoning and patience.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

This guy just really needs to focus on recovering from this injury and when the time is right get back into shape. I wish he could of been healthy this year but the kids have been filling in very nicely. 

#26 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Clarkson benefited from playing with 2 good guys on his line and in a system where the strategy was "bank it in off Clarkson."  He should have stayed in that system even though they weren't going to pay him as much.  

Weiss is a good hockey player who is dealing with an injury that can linger long term anyway, and that is complicated by the fact that it's in an area where hockey players use more than just about any other athlete.  It's no different than if a starting pitcher tears his rotator cuff or a running back tears an ACL.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#27 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

If a playeris injured, I don't think you can buy them out. I Bet he knows there is a good chance of them buying him out if he doesn't make an impact over the next few games, so he's sitting tight so he can have a full season to make an impression next year. The guy's a turkey, and I think he's on drugs.

#28 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

If a playeris injured, I don't think you can buy them out. I Bet he knows there is a good chance of them buying him out if he doesn't make an impact over the next few games, so he's sitting tight so he can have a full season to make an impression next year. The guy's a turkey, and I think he's on drugs.

Just out of curiosity why do you think he's on drugs? There a rumor like that or something?

#29 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

I bet he knows that the Wings aren't going to pay him and take a cap hit so they can cut him loose.  Now only will it cost them a bunch of money, things like that make it hard to convince players from signing with you in the future.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#30 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

If a player comes in and thinks he can get paid and not perform, then I'm content with a player like that signing elsewhere- it's a favorable deterrent.

Only reason I think he's on drugs because of his demeanor in an interview, where he was almost goofy happy and his eyes were glazed over like he was on painkillers, which would also explain how he played through a sports hernia and now isn't getting better. besides, his production dropped a great deal after that wrist injury so I'd say it possible for sure, but I admit it is a bit of an unlikely long shot that I'm coreect about that.

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Now Weiss is on drugs and faking an injury? What did I miss here? His wound has inflammation, it's not getting any better, so Holland probably said just to take the recovery slow, and heal up fully and come back with a fresh slate next season being %100 healthy. Too many tinfoil hats bouncing around here.

#32 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

I still have hope for Weiss. Frustrating, but I'm not going to write him off entirely in an injury riddled season. If he comes back healthy in the fall, I still expect him to be a 50-60 point player for the Wings. No team is going to want him in a trade and there's no sense in buying him out -- nobody can really judge what type of player he might be the next four years based on 26 games.

It will be interesting to see if the Red Wings opt to re-sign Legwand with their glut of centers.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#33 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

I still have hope for Weiss. Frustrating, but I'm not going to write him off entirely in an injury riddled season. If he comes back healthy in the fall, I still expect him to be a 50-60 point player for the Wings. No team is going to want him in a trade and there's no sense in buying him out -- nobody can really judge what type of player he might be the next four years based on 26 games.

It will be interesting to see if the Red Wings opt to re-sign Legwand with their glut of centers.

our centers will have to play wing next season. dats,legs,wiess,glen, riley,helm

#34 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

I don't think he's the one on drugs.

#35 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

He'll be our offseason acquisition.

Ken Holland approves this message
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

trade him, Franzen, Howard our 1st to Vancouver for Kesler. Sign Miller.

Weiss can play with booth again, Franzee can play with the twins, they will get a nice starting goalie.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Weiss can play with booth again, Franzee can play with the twins, they will get a nice starting goalie.

Yes, because Vancouver would love to take on 14+M in contracts.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

If the Wings want Kesler it would start with Tatar +++ and at that point I'd say no injuries are increasing for this guy.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#39 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Gee, did anybody read this guy's horoscope before signing him? I'd like to think he just had one heck of a lousy year and that next year is a 180. However, he may be cursed. Some type of witchcraft needs to be performed here.

#40 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

What is unfortunate about this news is that it affects our off seasons plans quite a bit, since we still don't know what we have in Weiss. It particularly could affect the re-signing of Legwand. 

Hopefully he can actually recover and become something of the player we hoped he would be. 

Posted Image