• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

What is unfortunate about this news is that it affects our off seasons plans quite a bit, since we still don't know what we have in Weiss. It particularly could affect the re-signing of Legwand. 

Hopefully he can actually recover and become something of the player we hoped he would be. 

If I'm Holland I'd tell Weiss you are on LTR till you are 100 % sure you can contribute to our line up for the time being we are going with someone else.

Clarkson may be healthy, but he'll have been out 22 games over the course of the season (10 game suspension, 2 games suspension, and 10 missed games due to injury/flu)  On top of that, he certainly hasn't been the same player that he was when he was in NJ.  5 goals, 6 assists, -14.  So, I'm really torn.  I like him as a player but I think LaffsNation might have thought they were getting a little more than this when he was signed... alot of people here had the same thoughts about him... So yeah, he'd probably have been a disappointment here too. 

Both have them huge disappointments in my mind, Clarkson brought nothing to the Leafs and well Weiss is hurt all the time. Easily the two worst off-season signings.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#42 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

This solidifies IMO that legwand should get resigned. Resign leggy to a decent 2yrish deal (DO NOT give a NTC) and then if Weiss ever actually gets healthy, move someone to a wing or trade either of them in a package for a veteran dman. 

#43 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

To be fair to the guy who thought he was on drugs. That's a real possibility, If they gave him some after one of his injuries it can quickly spiral out of control. They are very addictive and being a professional athlete doesn't stop that.

I know this is pure speculation and I don't want to contribute to rumors, but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Look what happened to Favre back in the day. Look what happened to Derek Boogaard. It's far from an isolated incident in sports (and in general).

I saw an interview with Zetterberg after a game this season where he looked like he was out of it from painkillers. With what we know about his back this year that makes sense that he would take something and play. It could just have been adrenaline since the game had just ended, but he looked like he was all over the place. And if anybody knows what that looks or feels like its me, since I take painkillers occasionally for my own back problems.

Perhaps there is some problem with Wiess and they're quietly trying to work it out (and if there is I'm more than willing to give him a pass because that is an issue bigger than hockey). Perhaps he really is just injured all the time. I don't know and as I said I honestly don't want to fuel the fire here with rumors, just giving my thoughts about it.

Edited by roboturner, 07 April 2014 - 10:05 AM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: