• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/5 GDT - Canadiens 5 vs Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Despite the score, I don't think they're playing all that badly. They've gotten several chances, not a lot of good bounces and Montreal has capitalized on every mistake.

I think we look exactly like we did against Buffalo the last 2 periods. Creating some chances offensively, but overall being really sloppy with the puck and getting out of position defensively.

Franzen has to get going, he's been pretty bad lately. It's painfully obvious that we're struggling to find scoring if Nyquist isn't acting like Stamkos.

Biggest reason we need the 1st WC spot: Rask, Bishop, Price in the Atlantic. Mason,Fleury, Lundqvist in the Metro.

that's also the reason we need Ryan Miller. Jimmy Howard is nowhere near the talent of any of those guys you listed. You just made it crystal clear for anyone who believes Howard can carry us to glory. +1,000,000 for you!

we actually outplayed them the 2nd and get done by some sloppy D. anyone else think that maybe nic jnr has hit his peak and is in decline, he looks like hes skating in mud out there. as is abbey actually out there tonight

There are days when our defense looks way better than it should, and then there are days where they look like a box of factory reject dildos. I still just can't believe how many forwards we've added in the last few years considering how many quality defensemen we lost. It shouldn't be so easy for the D to be this useless. The defense absolutely needs to get stronger so they can stop having to rely on luck and can just start being good.

I think we look exactly like we did against Buffalo the last 2 periods. Creating some chances offensively, but overall being really sloppy with the puck and getting out of position defensively.

Franzen has to get going, he's been pretty bad lately. It's painfully obvious that we're struggling to find scoring if Nyquist isn't acting like Stamkos.

Maybe someone on the team should call out Franzen...

There are days when our defense looks way better than it should, and then there are days where they look like a box of factory reject dildos. I still just can't believe how many forwards we've added in the last few years considering how many quality defensemen we lost. It shouldn't be so easy for the D to be this useless. The defense absolutely needs to get stronger so they can stop having to rely on luck and can just start being good.

this killed me

that's also the reason we need Ryan Miller. Jimmy Howard is nowhere near the talent of any of those guys you listed. You just made it crystal clear for anyone who believes Howard can carry us to glory. +1,000,000 for you!

So long as Howard can play better than he has this year and our D gets better, we would be fine with Howard. I hope this year was an anomaly for Howard, and a stronger D is going to help him in any event. If the D gets stronger and he still struggles, then yeah, he's got to go given how much we're paying him. But I think those are still big "ifs" right now.

Seems like only a few years ago when we led the league in this category.

We have too many defensive defensemen, and they're not even good defensively. Kronwall is the only offensive minded defenseman we have.

Smith is too, but he hasn't really been unleashed to do so, especially on the PP. I'm really hoping for Sproul and Ouellet to pick up some of the slack there in the next couple years, but I'd definitely have to say we need to try and get a good Dman in the offseason. Boyle would be good, I've seen his name tossed around here this year.

If we are still down by 3 in the last ten min I would bench him if I was babs. Nothing to lose at that point. There is no excuse for his poor play. He hasn't been very effective since like 4 games after the Olympics. All the kids have done more then what was expected of them,Nyquist has played god on several occasions, Alfie has come up big in some games. What has franzen done? Not much so bench him and make him think about it.

i think main focus is dumping kindl q bringing up marcenko and spoul possibly oullet or boyle in offseason and franzen better not o pen his mouth on stepping up again

Edited by sjr2012

I would easily take Jimmy over Fleury, Mason and Bishop. All three are having good seasons, but people rip Jimmy for consistency and he has strung better play together for longer than any of those three.

Edited by GoWings1905

I don't care how the game ends I just want someone preferably Kronwall to lay out that chirping piece of s***

Be more specific, they have a lot of them.

That may be the quote of the year regarding our D.

At least the dildos are hard, our D is soft.

Edited by wings87

So long as Howard can play better than he has this year and our D gets better, we would be fine with Howard. I hope this year was an anomaly for Howard, and a stronger D is going to help him in any event. If the D gets stronger and he still struggles, then yeah, he's got to go given how much we're paying him. But I think those are still big "ifs" right now.

how are we going to acquire a stronger D? I wish I knew hollands plan. If he was planning on using our young guns like Marchenko/Sproul/Ouellet I wish he would insert them into the lineup sooner than later so they can be broken in. If he plans on adding through UFA there isn't much available. I am feeling less and less supportive of a trade at this point because we have so many promising kids that would probably go the other way I just can't part with any of them right now.

I don't care how the game ends I just want someone preferably Kronwall to lay out that chirping piece of s***

Be more specific, they have a lot of them.That may be the quote of the year regarding our D.

At least the dildos are hard, our D is soft.

Subban and or Briere would for sure make up some delicious french fries

Edited by frankgrimes