• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/5 GDT - Canadiens 5 vs Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Interesting. As long as they don't think he'll do more damage, than good for him for fighting through it. Datsyuk at 70-75% is still far better than most NHLers and his overall play should improve as his conditioning improves. My only real concern with Datsyuk has been this injury becoming more of a long-term issue.

We've gotten wins more consistently with Monster than Howard this year. The numbers don't lie on that one and Monster's got a much better record than Howard. Howard's been better lately, but given his overall season thus far, I wouldn't be betting on Howard being better for us tonight because he's more consistent. Either guy is likely going to lose this game with the way the D played. And let's not forget, rough as some of Gus's GAs were, he also made more than a few really great saves. It could've been worse given the frequency and level of defensive lapses in this game. And again, I think it was for the best that Howard got to sit this one out. He's just starting to string some solid play together; he doesn't need to be setup to fail right now.

I agree that the numbers themselves do not lie. But, they certainly can be used to mislead.

The team has scored a goal more per game on average in games that Gustavsson has started vs. games that Howard has started.

So, either Gustavsson is contributing significantly better than Howard is on offense.... or the records really do not accurately reflect who is the better choice in goal.

Monster looked bad today. Lashoff was brutal. Speaking of which why was Lashoff paired with Kronwall that shift (during the second goal) and Smith moved to the Kindl pairing? They switched back shortly after but I was so confused. So disappointing to lose a game like that where it seemed like we controlled most of the play. Deserved at least a point.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

I don't think Monster looked awesome, actually pretty much below average, but "bad" is a little harsh considering the way those goals developed. ;)

I liked what I saw from Pavel. Needs to be seen how much is about conditioning and how much is about his knee, but his hockey IQ is so off the charts, he makes the teams better even if he's just at 70%.

I think refs miss a lot of close offsides it just so happens this one resulted in a goal

Some aggressive forechecking teams could be called offside on every other dump in

I can see the barely off sides getting missed but this was just blatant. It's like the ref looking at the whole thing and having a brain fart and not calling it clearly.

Has not gained possession of the puck, already crossed the blue line, 100% offsides. This is before the first contact with the puck was made, this was not just the puck moving around on his stick.

post-10408-0-90745000-1396800091_thumb.jpg

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

Has not gained possession of the puck, already crossed the blue line, 100% offsides. This is before the first contact with the puck was made, this was not just the puck moving around on his stick.

I feel like the NHL has gotten very generous when it comes to the puckcarrier entering the zone ahead of the puck. By the letter of the rule, the player still needs to gain possession of the puck before his skates cross the blueline, then he can go in ahead of the puck and still be considered onsides, but as long as the guy has made contact and has it near his stick I feel like they don't really enforce the skates part.

Watching the highlights on Mlive the bigger question to me is how was that not a penalty for taking down Smith on the very first highlight? He hooks Smith from behind causing him to fall down and turnover the puck, which led to a great scoring chance.

I feel like the NHL has gotten very generous when it comes to the puckcarrier entering the zone ahead of the puck. By the letter of the rule, the player still needs to gain possession of the puck before his skates cross the blueline, then he can go in ahead of the puck and still be considered onsides, but as long as the guy has made contact and has it near his stick I feel like they don't really enforce the skates part.

Watching the highlights on Mlive the bigger question to me is how was that not a penalty for taking down Smith on the very first highlight? He hooks Smith from behind causing him to fall down and turnover the puck, which led to a great scoring chance.

The thing is I tried to get the frame before that where his foot is already across the line and the puck is three feet away from his stick. It's even more obvious. Haha smith also took a penalty on that play for crosschecking in retaliation.

At that point the Home fans felt Red Wings got away with a couple things that should have been penalties. You knew Canadiens were getting the next pp no matter what happened in the game. There was a ton of diving and some terrible reffing. Refs made so many dumb calls they were forced to put their whistles away and let some of the dumbest plays go with no call. I knew this game would be a s***show after the first

Well it's over now but I hope the next meeting (next season) will have someone from us smashing a certain D bag through the glass.

As for diving I hate it I can not stand it this crap is for pussylike soccerplayers NHL players should be above it. But then again the french chickens got away with it against the Bruins so why not try it against another O 6 team...

That being said I love the original 6 battles and btw. the atmosphere wasn't that great my guess would be Winnipeg beats the Habs in terms of fan envolvment and noise easily. Let's hope this was the much needed kick in the pan they need to win against Buffalo no doubt.

I don't think Monster looked awesome, actually pretty much below average, but "bad" is a little harsh considering the way those goals developed. ;)

I liked what I saw from Pavel. Needs to be seen how much is about conditioning and how much is about his knee, but his hockey IQ is so off the charts, he makes the teams better even if he's just at 70%.

Hey I'm a fan of the Monster , but he looked bad. And I consider bad and "below average" pretty much the same. I didn't say he was dreadfully terrible or anything. He made some big saves but there were a couple I thought he should've had, or at least not made so easy for Montreal.