• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/5 GDT - Canadiens 5 vs Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

We aren't going to win every game. These games happen. I guess this board doesn't buy into the old sports cliché of not getting too high or too low. I don't think Monster played well, but then, he is the back up for a reason.

Howard doesn't make any better saves. His rebound control is just as horrible.

Datsyuk looked fine. Do some of you even watch the game?

I absolutely do not think Datsyuk looked "fine." He wasn't bad by any stretch, but he wasn't close to "fine" relative to what Datsyuk's normal level of play is. As said above, I hope/think he's likely just adjusting, but there were a few plays that were a bit worrisome last night and tonight. He's said he's not 100%, which happens this time of year for lots of guys, but I really hope he doesn't do any more damage and push the situation towards and end that requires surgery.

Datsyuk was still our best forward. Only think I noticed was he was a step slower and not back checking like a demon like his usual self. Hardly our problem.

Frustrating because when healthy I think our forward corps is near the tops in the league but our Defense is a joke and it would have been so easy to add an upgrade to our bottom pairing

I bet Kronwall would still play with the same injury as Ericsson. Just sayin

I can't fault Gus for those last 2 goals just horrible bounces. That 4th goal was 100% offsides. Not only have the refs been bad this year the linesmen have too. It feels like every night they are blowing offsides calls (both ways). Add to it these officials seem to not be able to get out of the way of the puck and the players.

Guest Playmaker

We should have kept Howard in Net. Oh well. Look on the Bright Side of this loss.Toronto Lost so we are still 3 points up on CBJ and 4 Points up on Toronto Still along with NJD. We should have got a point or two out of this game. I wish they would have lost in OT. Oh well. We can't win them all. Time to rest and get ready for Buffalo and hope he have a better start.

I was shocked to see it tied at 3 but moments later they lot in 2 Goals in a row. Oh well. At least we didn't give up.

I think it was pretty obvious after last night's game that Howard was pretty beat up and it was back to back games. I don't have an issue with the decision, though I wish he would have played a better game.

Guest Playmaker

The guy went 3 weeks with zero conditioning. He'll be fine. He is out of shape, not in serious pain

Unfortunately, not true. His knee is not better. He was evaluated and told his knee would not sustain further damage if he played so he made the decision to play. He's not healthy and out of conditioning. He's hurt and in poor condition.

Edited by Playmaker

Very frustrating loss. Kindl and lashoff is awful. We need to call someone up from grand rapids to replace kindl until Ericsson is back. Kindl gets worse each game.

Also, I don't understand how Nyquist can possibly get demoted even though he is the hottest player on the team he gets demoted to the 3rd line and franzen, who has done nothing, gets to stay on the top line. Nyquist with pav and franzen on the 3rd line with helm.

The team was tired tonight having played 3 games in 4 nights. The way I look at it, this game was very similar to last game against the habs. We tied it in the 3rd and their next shot went in on a play that was offside. We are a better team then Montreal and we best them if we aren't tired and if pav isn't rusty. Boys will regroup and will be fine.

Unfortunately, not true. His knee is not better. He was evaluated and told his knee would not sustain further damage if he played so he made the decision to play. He's not healthy and in out of conditioning. He's hurt and in poor condition.

Well he was more effective then all of our forwards minus maybe Tatar. Not even close to a detriment to the team. Made our pp a hell of a lot better. There's much much more to complain about than adding a 70 percent Datsyuk playing in his second game back. He helped us get this close he wasn't a reason we lost

Guest Playmaker

Howard doesn't make any better saves. His rebound control is just as horrible.

I agree. But he's is a little more consistent. Monster is kind of all over the place. He made some wicked saves but that fourth goal was dicey.

Datsyuk was still our best forward. Only think I noticed was he was a step slower and not back checking like a demon like his usual self. Hardly our problem.

Frustrating because when healthy I think our forward corps is near the tops in the league but our Defense is a joke and it would have been so easy to add an upgrade to our bottom pairing

I bet Kronwall would still play with the same injury as Ericsson. Just sayin

What worried me was I noticed on at least a few occasions he was a bit slow to get up after going down. I get that he's going to need a week or so to be back in game shape, and he might be pushing a bit too hard right now relative to his conditioning level and lack of games lately, but it absolutely worries me to see him struggling to get back on his feet given that he's missed all this time because of a knee injury. It very well could be nothing, and I certainly hope it is; hopefully he's just winded. But if he's having to fight through pain just to get up, you have to worry how the grind is going to affect him moving forward and how easily one bad play could lead to a more major setback.

Guest Playmaker

Well he was more effective then all of our forwards minus maybe Tatar. Not even close to a detriment to the team. Made our pp a hell of a lot better. There's much much more to complain about than adding a 70 percent Datsyuk playing in his second game back. He helped us get this close he wasn't a reason we lost

I didn't say he was horrible. But he was noticeably hurting. I don't think it's a matter of conditioning. I think he will have some flashes of brilliance because he's Pav. But I think fans thinking that he's fine and just needs a few days to get his legs back are kind of kidding themselves.

I agree. But he's is a little more consistent. Monster is kind of all over the place. He made some wicked saves but that fourth goal was dicey.

It's hard to make saves when you have to worry about your own player trying to score on your end too haha :D

Unfortunately, not true. His knee is not better. He was evaluated and told his knee would not sustain further damage if he played so he made the decision to play. He's not healthy and in out of conditioning. He's hurt and in poor condition.

Interesting. As long as they don't think he'll do more damage, than good for him for fighting through it. Datsyuk at 70-75% is still far better than most NHLers and his overall play should improve as his conditioning improves. My only real concern with Datsyuk has been this injury becoming more of a long-term issue.

We've gotten wins more consistently with Monster than Howard this year. The numbers don't lie on that one and Monster's got a much better record than Howard. Howard's been better lately, but given his overall season thus far, I wouldn't be betting on Howard being better for us tonight because he's more consistent. Either guy is likely going to lose this game with the way the D played. And let's not forget, rough as some of Gus's GAs were, he also made more than a few really great saves. It could've been worse given the frequency and level of defensive lapses in this game. And again, I think it was for the best that Howard got to sit this one out. He's just starting to string some solid play together; he doesn't need to be setup to fail right now.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

holland has had 2 years to do something about this dogsh*t defense.

if he does nothing this summer, it's going to be another long, long season next year.

We've gotten wins more consistently with Monster than Howard this year. The numbers don't lie on that one and Monster's got a much better record than Howard. Howard's been better lately, but given his overall season thus far, I wouldn't be betting on Howard being better for us tonight because he's more consistent. Either guy is likely going to lose this game with the way the D played. And let's not forget, rough as some of Gus's GAs were, he also made more than a few really great saves. It could've been worse given the frequency and level of defensive lapses in this game. And again, I think it was for the best that Howard got to sit this one out. He's just starting to string some solid play together; he doesn't need to be setup to fail right now.

Monster is only 5-3 with a GAA of almost 3.5 and save% around .900 since the turn of the year while getting quite a bit more goal support from the team. Monster more than outplayed Howard at the beginning of the year but hes come back down to earth with his play and is showing more of his true colors. With the way Howard has been playing lately he might have been able to pull it out the same way he did against Boston.