• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#521 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Did you watch the game?  He didn't even look like his knee was at 50% and kept loosing his footing, etc.

Which is what happens when you don't skate for 3 weeks. It's gonna take a few games for him to get his legs back. He'll be fine

#522 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

The only thing more entertaining than that 3rd period was all thef****** nonsense being pitched in this game thread. Holy hell, deep breaths before typing.

#523 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Kindl played 12 minutes, and Lashoff played 11. And those 2 dickheads cost us a point in that little of ice time, for f*** sakes, they make Quincey look like Nick.

#NOMOREKINDL

#524 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

can we call up N. Paetsch ?  When E is back put the 3rd D in the press box and use Paetsch, at least the guy has elite skating and that vet presence we need.

It would suck for the Griffs but we need to up grade that 3rd pairing. It'ii get done in the summer but we have 4 games left and we need at least 2 wins from them

to be in the playoffs. Gus made some good save's but boy does he give up some un timely rebounds.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#525 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Red Wings will make the Playoffs the Toronto Maple Leafs will not I mean they can't even beat the WPG Jets? Really? They've got to stop playing that Goalie and put there AHL Goalie in if they except to win them last few games. Howard should have been in for the Detroit Red Wings. The New Jersey Devils will also not make it either nor will the Senators or CAR or WSH! 

I believe that everyone will play the role of Spoiler and upset these Teams and will be fine. And yes the Wings will Win there next few games.

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 05 April 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#526 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Well piss. I really thought we had it when we tied it up there!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#527 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

We aren't going to win every game.  These games happen.  I guess this board doesn't buy into the old sports cliché of not getting too high or too low.  I don't think Monster played well, but then, he is the back up for a reason. 

Howard doesn't make any better saves. His rebound control is just as horrible.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#528 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Datsyuk looked fine. Do some of you even watch the game?

I absolutely do not think Datsyuk looked "fine." He wasn't bad by any stretch, but he wasn't close to "fine" relative to what Datsyuk's normal level of play is. As said above, I hope/think he's likely just adjusting, but there were a few plays that were a bit worrisome last night and tonight. He's said he's not 100%, which happens this time of year for lots of guys, but I really hope he doesn't do any more damage and push the situation towards and end that requires surgery.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#529 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I'm going to file this game under the: can't win them all moniker.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#530 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Datsyuk was still our best forward. Only think I noticed was he was a step slower and not back checking like a demon like his usual self. Hardly our problem.

Frustrating because when healthy I think our forward corps is near the tops in the league but our Defense is a joke and it would have been so easy to add an upgrade to our bottom pairing

I bet Kronwall would still play with the same injury as Ericsson. Just sayin

#531 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

I can't fault Gus for those last 2 goals just horrible bounces. That 4th goal was 100% offsides. Not only have the refs been bad this year the linesmen have too. It feels like every night they are blowing offsides calls (both ways). Add to it these officials seem to not be able to get out of the way of the puck and the players.

#532 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

The game is moot. We are same place as when we started so f*** it. Regroup and put 60 mins in toozday.

#533 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

We should have kept Howard in Net. Oh well. Look on the Bright Side of this loss.Toronto Lost so we are still 3 points up on CBJ and 4 Points up on Toronto Still along with NJD. We should have got a point or two out of this game. I wish they would have lost in OT. Oh well. We can't win them all. Time to rest and get ready for Buffalo and hope he have a better start.

I was shocked to see it tied at 3 but moments later they lot in 2 Goals in a row. Oh well. At least we didn't give up. 

I think it was pretty obvious after last night's game that Howard was pretty beat up and it was back to back games.  I don't have an issue with the decision, though I wish he would have played a better game.

#534 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

No one can say these Wings are boring, even the losses are a fuxkimg blast to watch.

#535 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Jeff O'neill is such a tool, he always dogs the wings on nhl network, still sour about losing in the cup finals I guess.

Well wouldn't you be too if your team was chasing the puck for 98% of the series?

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#536 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

No one can say these Wings are boring, even the losses are a fuxkimg blast to watch.

Buffalo game was pretty damn boring

#537 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

The guy went 3 weeks with zero conditioning. He'll be fine. He is out of shape, not in serious pain

Unfortunately, not true.  His knee is not better.  He was evaluated and told his knee would not sustain further damage if he played so he made the decision to play.  He's not healthy and out of conditioning.  He's hurt and in poor condition.

Edited by Playmaker, 05 April 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#538 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Very frustrating loss. Kindl and lashoff is awful. We need to call someone up from grand rapids to replace kindl until Ericsson is back. Kindl gets worse each game.

Also, I don't understand how Nyquist can possibly get demoted even though he is the hottest player on the team he gets demoted to the 3rd line and franzen, who has done nothing, gets to stay on the top line. Nyquist with pav and franzen on the 3rd line with helm.

The team was tired tonight having played 3 games in 4 nights. The way I look at it, this game was very similar to last game against the habs. We tied it in the 3rd and their next shot went in on a play that was offside. We are a better team then Montreal and we best them if we aren't tired and if pav isn't rusty. Boys will regroup and will be fine.

#539 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

NJ is the team to worry about, we better beat Buffalo

#540 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Unfortunately, not true.  His knee is not better.  He was evaluated and told his knee would not sustain further damage if he played so he made the decision to play.  He's not healthy and in out of conditioning.  He's hurt and in poor condition.

Well he was more effective then all of our forwards minus maybe Tatar. Not even close to a detriment to the team. Made our pp a hell of a lot better. There's much much more to complain about than adding a 70 percent Datsyuk playing in his second game back. He helped us get this close he wasn't a reason we lost