Photo
- - - - -

4/5 GDT - Canadiens 5 vs Red Wings 3

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#561 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

does anyone have video of the questionable habs goals? I was forced to listen to the radio last night.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#562 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

does anyone have video of the questionable habs goals? I was forced to listen to the radio last night.

Check the Malik Report at Kukla's Korner, I think George linked them all.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#563 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Has not gained possession of the puck, already crossed the blue line, 100% offsides. This is before the first contact with the puck was made, this was not just the puck moving around on his stick.

Attached Files

Edited by MTU_Huskies963, 06 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#564 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

Those kind of mistakes happen in a fast paced game. It's frustrating but I I'm more worried about Zetterberg and Ericsson not being enough to stop our terrible defensive lapses if we get in the playoffs.

#565 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

Has not gained possession of the puck, already crossed the blue line, 100% offsides. This is before the first contact with the puck was made, this was not just the puck moving around on his stick.

I feel like the NHL has gotten very generous when it comes to the puckcarrier entering the zone ahead of the puck.  By the letter of the rule, the player still needs to gain possession of the puck before his skates cross the blueline, then he can go in ahead of the puck and still be considered onsides, but as long as the guy has made contact and has it near his stick I feel like they don't really enforce the skates part. 

Watching the highlights on Mlive the bigger question to me is how was that not a penalty for taking down Smith on the very first highlight? He hooks Smith from behind causing him to fall down and turnover the puck, which led to a great scoring chance. 

#566 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

I feel like the NHL has gotten very generous when it comes to the puckcarrier entering the zone ahead of the puck.  By the letter of the rule, the player still needs to gain possession of the puck before his skates cross the blueline, then he can go in ahead of the puck and still be considered onsides, but as long as the guy has made contact and has it near his stick I feel like they don't really enforce the skates part. 

Watching the highlights on Mlive the bigger question to me is how was that not a penalty for taking down Smith on the very first highlight? He hooks Smith from behind causing him to fall down and turnover the puck, which led to a great scoring chance.

The thing is I tried to get the frame before that where his foot is already across the line and the puck is three feet away from his stick. It's even more obvious. Haha smith also took a penalty on that play for crosschecking in retaliation.

#567 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

At that point the Home fans felt Red Wings got away with a couple things that should have been penalties. You knew Canadiens were getting the next pp no matter what happened in the game. There was a ton of diving and some terrible reffing. Refs made so many dumb calls they were forced to put their whistles away and let some of the dumbest plays go with no call. I knew this game would be a s***show after the first

#568 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Well it's over now but I hope the next meeting (next season) will have someone from us smashing a certain D bag through the glass.

As for diving I hate it I can not stand it this crap is for pussylike soccerplayers NHL players should be above it. But then again the french chickens got away with it against the Bruins so why not try it against another O 6 team...

That being said I love the original 6 battles and btw. the atmosphere wasn't that great my guess would be Winnipeg beats the Habs in terms of fan envolvment and noise easily. Let's hope this was the much needed kick in the pan they need to win against Buffalo no doubt.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#569 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

I don't think Monster looked awesome, actually pretty much below average, but "bad" is a little harsh considering the way those goals developed. ;)

I liked what I saw from Pavel. Needs to be seen how much is about conditioning and how much is about his knee, but his hockey IQ is so off the charts, he makes the teams better even if he's just at 70%.

Hey I'm a fan of the Monster , but he looked bad. And I consider bad and "below average" pretty much the same. I didn't say he was dreadfully terrible or anything. He made some big saves but there were a couple I thought he should've had, or at least not made so easy for Montreal.