• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyquistfan14

Glendening signed to 3 year extension

Rate this topic

This makes me inordinately happy, for some reason. I really like this kid, and am happy to see him signed as a Wing, perhaps a career move for him. Good deal!

He reminds me of a young Maltby... plus he upsets Crosby and make him cry. :cheesy:

Now, celebrate with your first NHL goal tonight, Luke, how about it? :thumbs-up:

Do we know the cap hit yet??

I would assume 2.5 million for 3 years (833k per)

Expected this ... Babcock is in love with him

Maybe with a lot of hard work and determination he will continue his goalless going into year 3

This is Babs new mancrush. He will be replacing Cleary.

Sweet! Glendening is awesome.

Expected this ... Babcock is in love with him

Maybe with a lot of hard work and determination he will continue his goalless going into year 3

Who friggin' cares about the goals as long as he's doing his actual job, which is stopping opposing players from scoring.

Going over Twitter, you'd think this guy was John Scott in terms of his effectiveness on ice.

Then I saw something along the lines of, "He pissed off Crosby to the point where he was more focused on his anger toward Luke than scoring goals." I have to agree, and I like the signing. He's an effective 4th line guy.

Awesome, i'm excited to have him as a 4th line staple for the next 3 years, he plays smart and even though he may score 3 goals in his career he brings more to the table non-offensively related for this to be a quality signing for us. I hope he continues to develop his game and remain an agitator, but maintains a certain level of class and represents this team well.

Guest Playmaker

I've liked what I've seen out of Glendenning this year, but I also don't want to get carried away. Joakim Andersson looked solid last year, this season, not so much. Then there's Quincey and Kindl. While the cap hit is so minimal, and for him, probably feels like he hit the jackpot, I just don't like how readily the Wings hand out longer term deals. It just always seems to come back to bite us.

I've liked what I've seen out of Glendenning this year, but I also don't want to get carried away. Joakim Andersson looked solid last year, this season, not so much. Then there's Quincey and Kindl. While the cap hit is so minimal, and for him, probably feels like he hit the jackpot, I just don't like how readily the Wings hand out longer term deals. It just always seems to come back to bite us.

It's 3 years. That's pretty standard league wide. Usually the only players on one year deals are older guys at the end of their careers, guys trying to get to a UFA deal with a one year contract, or a guy who has to prove something.