• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

Let's not forget how well this team has done. Two out of three this week, 4 wins in a row. All we need is 4 points IMO, but those 4 are huge. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here as it's literally one day at a time. Starts tuesday vs Buffalo, then we'll re-evaluate and see. 

We damn well better make it in though.

temp 1

#22 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

We take it one game at a time, We will be fine. The Blue Jackets are gonna be the only thorn in our side in my opinion, and really that's not such a bad thing. The Wings And Jackets deserve the Wild Cards more than the Devils and Caps.

#23 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Give it two more games and we will be talking about how were battling Philly instead of CBj

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

We take it one game at a time, We will be fine. The Blue Jackets are gonna be the only thorn in our side in my opinion, and really that's not such a bad thing. The Wings And Jackets deserve the Wild Cards more than the Devils and Caps.

At this point they do.

Too bad the season is 82 games and not 78.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

The Leafs can get a maximum of 90 points but will probably manage to screw up at least once in the last three games.

The Caps can get a maximum of 91 points. They play St. Louis, Carolina, Chicago, and Tampa. They will lose at least one of those games.

The Devils can get a maximum of 92 points. They play Calgary, Ottawa, NYI, and Boston. I think they will finish with 90pts or less.

Realistically all we need is one more win or maybe 3 points and we're in. To me the only scary team are the Devils because of their history and also relatively easier schedule. Then again, we're in better position than CBJ so maybe the Devils and Wings get in and CBJ once again is the unlucky loser...

#26 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'm just waiting for the homers (press, forums and in wings uniforms) who will make whatever happens not be in any way the fault of Wings management or coaching, as if this season was somehow ordained to be such a train wreck. It simply could be no other way.

If we make the playoffs then it is obviously due to the genius of Babcock and Holland in utilizing a group of scrappy skilled youngsters to clinc yet another playoff berth.

If we don't make the playoffs, then obviously it was beyond any mortal's ability and even the great Babcock and Holland couldn't lead a group of scrappy skilled youngsters to fill the skates of injured veterans, but boy oh boy, they have shown us a bright future.

Get to work spin doctors! Make it all good no matter what happens. Nobody does a better CYA job on failure and irresponsibility than Detroit!

#27 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Give it two more games and we will be talking about how were battling Philly instead of CBj

If by that you mean that the Jackets overtake Philly in the standings which drops the Flyers down to a wild card spot, sure maybe.  

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

Personally I would be happy for the Jackets this franchise has gone through so much crap, has a non competitive budget and had mr. no clue Howson at the helm so...

At the end of the day if the Wings make the playoffs, Babs should be in the Adams discussion no doubt ! After thinking a bit more rational about it, the loss against the *** Habs isn't such a big deal I didn't expect this team to beat Boston but expected them to at least get a point against Montreal so + - = 0.

Out of the next three games I think Buffalo and the Hurricanes should be two wins, which would give us 92 points and we own Toronto + New Jersey in terms of ROW so it would be enough. I think the standings aren't going to change much hopefully I'm right. Although the Pens - if healthy - do scare me it wouldn't be as bad as facing the Bruins.

Edited by frankgrimes, 06 April 2014 - 11:53 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..