• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

The forgotten lines

Rate this topic

with the young guns doing so well and keeping various vets off the roster, are we likely set as we are? Or does

anyone think that apart from Z, we will see any of the guys below seeing ice during the playoffs?

Tootoo Zetterberg Samuelsson

Cleary Emmerton Bertuzzi

Andersson Weiss.

with Grand Rapids doing so well i doubt either Almqvist or Quellet get a look in unless the Griffs bomb and they

become Black aces ( providing the Wings get in ).

Ive seen that Weiss is done for the year and Z could be back for the playoffs, but apart from him i could maybe see Babs boy Cleary could getting in on the Vet card!! Or will the top brass go vet mad come playoff time?

The vet status theory is something to bare in mind. The 8 forwards above have over 5000 reg season games under

their belts, and that is alot of mileage.

Of those 8 forwards, only Zetterberg is guaranteed a spot when he's ready.

If someone gets injured, Andersson will most likely be inserted into the lineup. Then Bertuzzi would probably be next in line. But barring another rash of injuries, I don't think any other forwards will see ice time from here on out.

Zetterberg will get in, if/when he's ready... but he needs to be ready to play at a playoff level before he comes back in. And who comes out for him?

Andersson or Emmerton could be an injury/performance replacement. Bertuzzi could play a few games, maybe. Weiss has been shut down for the year. The rest have already played their last game in a Detroit uniform.