Photo
- - - - -

Michigan boys hitting the market 2014-15 season.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

Here's a list of the current local boys that are UFA's or RFA's this coming off season.

Torey Krug  D & Corey Potter D Boston.

Chad Billins D Calgary.

Drayson Bowman F & Nathan Gerbe F Carolina.

Corey Tropp F Columbus.

Tim Thomas G Dallas.

Danny DeKeyser D & David Legwand F Detroit.

Jeff Petry D Edmonton.

Matt Greene D LA.

Adam Hall F Philadelphia.

Chris Summers D &  David Moss F Phoenix.

Chris Conner F Pittsburgh.

Ryan Miller G St Louis.

Ive only included players that are currently on the NHL rosters, there are others that have been up in the NHL but are more often on the AHL affiliate teams roster. 

There are a few interesting names on the list and some I think the Wings brass may look at in the off season.

DeKeyser re-signing is a must and i wouldnt be surprised to see Legwand offered a new deal. But are there

any on the list you'd like the Wings to pick up?

Mine would be Miller and Greene.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#2 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

Sadly there is no way Boston lets Krug go :(

other than that I really love the thought of Miller and Greene, more good ol Michigan boys :-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#3 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Greene most likely hitting FA has been scratched 15 of his last 16 games

#4 GrindL1n3

GrindL1n3

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

Either Thomas or Brodeur and make Howard compete for his position (I'm on a Howard hate-a-thon tonight haah)

It'd be cool to see Miller come over but I doubt it.

Vancouvers got the Sedins and Dallas has the Benns, why not the Millers? 0_o

Edited by GrindL1n3, 21 April 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#5 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Getting Ryan Miller would be a good move, but he would obviously be the #1 so the Wings would have to trade Jimmy and I just don't see that happening.  Greene would be an improvement over Kindl/Lashoff but again, don't see Holland going after him.  I'm pretty sure he wants an offensive-minded, puck-moving defenseman.

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Getting Ryan Miller would be a good move, but he would obviously be the #1 so the Wings would have to trade Jimmy and I just don't see that happening.  Greene would be an improvement over Kindl/Lashoff but again, don't see Holland going after him.  I'm pretty sure he wants an offensive-minded, puck-moving defenseman.

I like Howard but I'd trade him to get Miller any day of the week. At the very worst it's a lateral move and most likely an improvement.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Petry would be a very good pick up. He would form a great pair with Dekeyser. Both are 6-3/200, both skate well, both can play a physical game as needed, DD is the LHer and Petry is the RHer, both have the ability to score 30-40 points from the BL. Those 2 as a pair may be better than Kronwall and E as a pair.

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Miller could be a Hasek like move, and Howard bites the bullet ala Ozzie while we wait for Mrazek to be out of waiver options. But I just don't see that as being logical. Greene as a cheap #6 would be the most likely.

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Another name that can most likely be added to the list is David Booth. It's been heavily speculated that Vancouver will use their final compliance buyout to get out of his $4.25M cap hit.

He's a Michigan native guy that has struggled with injuries, but had a relatively healthy season this year. Before missing most of last season, he was producing at a 20+ goal, 40+ point a season rate. He has good size (6-2, 212) and is good on the forecheck.

One interesting note: His most productive years were with Florida (07/08-10/11, 84 goals and 156pts. in 255 games) spending a lot of time on Stephen Weiss' wing.

If he's bought out, he could likely be had for a year for cheap. Maybe the Wings could give him a shot in hopes that some familiarity could give him and Weiss a boost? If not, he could be easily moved via waivers or let go after his year is up.

#10 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

Trade Howard for a first next year and a d.(package him if we need)

Sign Thomas or Miller and let Mrazek back him up next year getting him some more starts with Detroit.

oh yea, I'd love Krug but doubt he leaves Boston

Another name that can most likely be added to the list is David Booth. It's been heavily speculated that Vancouver will use their final compliance buyout to get out of his $4.25M cap hit.

He's a Michigan native guy that has struggled with injuries, but had a relatively healthy season this year. Before missing most of last season, he was producing at a 20+ goal, 40+ point a season rate. He has good size (6-2, 212) and is good on the forecheck.

One interesting note: His most productive years were with Florida (07/08-10/11, 84 goals and 156pts. in 255 games) spending a lot of time on Stephen Weiss' wing.

If he's bought out, he could likely be had for a year for cheap. Maybe the Wings could give him a shot in hopes that some familiarity could give him and Weiss a boost? If not, he could be easily moved via waivers or let go after his year is up.

I'd be completely fine with it if it was one year deal. Low risk high reward as it can only boost the production of Weiss which is needed badly. If not, let Booth go and be done with the whole project.

Posted Image