Photo
- - - - -

Flyers' Rinaldo to have hearing for hit on Ruhwedel.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

The facts; from NHL:

Philadelphia Flyers center Zac Rinaldo will have a hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety Monday for a hit on Buffalo Sabres defenseman Chad Ruhwedel on Sunday Night at Wells Fargo Center.

At 4:29 of the third period, Rinaldo was assessed a match penalty for hitting Ruhwedel near the blue line in the Philadelphia defensive zone. Ruhwedel left the game and did not return.

The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.

Exhibit "A"

With the playoffs right around the corner, Shannyvision hasn't had a very busy season, at least compared to some.

So...how many? I will guess cinq. 

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

bum work

#3 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Repeat offender, puck was gone and he had the chance to soften the impact ~ 5 games

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Not to mention he jumped into his head for an unnecessary hit.  Remember, Rinaldo got suspended for jumping into Ericsson's head.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#5 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

yup. probably 5 games, if not more. So many factors going against Rinaldo on that one. Leaned into it. Elbow to the head. Avoidable hit.

temp 1

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

yup. probably 5 games, if not more. So many factors going against Rinaldo on that one. Leaned into it. Elbow to the head. Avoidable hit.

Repeat offender.

You can tell he knows it's coming as he was led to the box.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#7 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Not to mention he jumped into his head for an unnecessary hit.  Remember, Rinaldo got suspended for jumping into Ericsson's head.

And only a week before that hit he was fined twice for two cheapshots in the same game, which was an NHL first.   He's also been tossed from a game for jumping a player who didn't want to fight and punching him when he was lying on the ice.

iyZmYzu.gif

He's a dirty player who just doesn't get it and is on his way to being the new Matt Cooke.  

#8 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Oddly enough, it almost looks to me like he tucked in his arm and tried to avoid hitting him. It looks like he noticed Ruhwedel's head was down at the last second, pulled in his arm and tried to hop out of the way. Being Rinaldo, I know that's hard to believe. Maybe it's just me...

Uhh...you might want to duck!

#9 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

This guy needs to be kicked out of the league. Repeat offenders like this have shown all they do is make dirty plays. He's going to end someone's career one day and everyone will say "He's done this before. Why didn't you remove him before, NHL?"

#10 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

This guy needs to be kicked out of the league. Repeat offenders like this have shown all they do is make dirty plays. He's going to end someone's career one day and everyone will say "He's done this before. Why didn't you remove him before, NHL?"

Just let a guy like Scott do his job and Rinaldo would be thinking twice about this stupid stuff sadly his coach is a ***** who doesn't let him fight :(

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#11 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

With him being a repeat offender, and the fact that he stuck his shoulder while following through on the hit ;I'm going to buck the trend and say 7-10 games. I think it also depends on if Ruhwedel is out for awhile.

Edited by wings87, 07 April 2014 - 03:05 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#12 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Just let a guy like Scott do his job and Rinaldo would be thinking twice about this stupid stuff sadly his coach is a ***** who doesn't let him fight :(

Scott is another guy I don't see as having much of a purpose in the league.  He has a total of 6 career points in the NHL spread over 6 seasons.

That said, he's not as dirty as Rinaldo.  Rinaldo's sole purpose is to go out an act like an idiot, get under the oppositions skin, etc.  I have no problem with that type of play if you are a guy like Maltby who can at least contribute a little bit beyond that.  Rinaldo basically has no additional value and he takes the acting like an idiot way to far and gets way too dirty way too often.

#13 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

I was hoping for 5

Four games for PHI's Zac Rinaldo.

#14 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Scott is another guy I don't see as having much of a purpose in the league.  He has a total of 6 career points in the NHL spread over 6 seasons.

REALLY?!!?? Hell I could put up 6 points in 6 years lol

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

g1339969496838988521.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

ShannySoft.®

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.