Hodgson - Girgensons - D'Agostini

Conacher - Ennis - Leino

Foligno - Larsson - Deslauriers

Scott - Flynn - Ellis

Ehrhoff - Ristolainen

Ruhwedel - McCabe

McBain - Weber

Matthew Hackett

Apologies for the condensed GDT, it's late, i'm strapped for time and I have a busy day tomorrow.

From my understanding, 3 points in our remaining 4 games is what we need to secure a playoff spot, there is no reason why we shouldn't secure two points in this game with Buffalo in their current state.

Red Wings unleash the force, Glendening and Nyquist with a pair each, Datsyuk with a goal and a helper. Wings win 5-1.

Tonight's game mascots, the honorary Jedi wings.

13656269394_ee9bd9c0af_o.jpg

13587500763_bccc154d77_o.jpg

Not sure as to why Jurco's been sent down to the 4th line, especially when I read a quote yesterday I think it was from babs who said he's been extremely happy with the Kid line offensively and defensively. Maybe just time for a shake up which is always good. Hoping for 2 points tonight!

playoffs are a lock now, but we gotta play for the 7 seed. We can take the pens first round right now, but we need the BJ's to beat on the bruins a little bit for us to have a shot.

Another tight, and unnecessarily close game.

2-1 good guys.

so, if I am doing my math correctly, 2 points for us in the remaining games and 1 or less for Jersey in any of their remaining games puts us in....

must get those 2 tonight!

I believe Washington can still get to 91 points. So we need three, as of right now.

One word, one # and an exclamation;-) 2 points! Big game tonight, a must win for my blood pressure! I want that 7th seed to avoid Boston til we get Hank & Big E back healthy! I think we can beat Boston but we'd be better off getting Pitt in round 1 and getting healthy for our presumed battle with the B's. Hopefully the BJ's knock the Bruins out early but let's just stay "fockused" (in my best Johann Strauss voice) on the 7th spot for now ;-) ramble over....

I've always liked the Flames. They gave us a lot of help last night, NJ was my main concern as it looked as though they could win all their games. Now we have absolutely no one to blame but ourselves if we miss. Gotta win this one and then we'll basically just have to get 1 point in any of the 3 other games and we're in.

Let's do it.

Not sure as to why Jurco's been sent down to the 4th line, especially when I read a quote yesterday I think it was from babs who said he's been extremely happy with the Kid line offensively and defensively. Maybe just time for a shake up which is always good. Hoping for 2 points tonight!

He's just the odd man out unfortunately. He'll surely be the one scratched if/when Z returns. With Nyquist the kid line does become a bit more defensively sound, allowing Babs to play it more. But we're starting to see the kind of decisions we'll be forced to make when we're healthy. Helm on the wing? Jurco on the 4th line?

Jurco gets hurt-Tatar struggles.

Jurco returns from injury-Tatar gets hot.

Tatar gets hot-Babcock puts Jurco on the fourth line- yeah this makes a lot of sense. Argh...

Why is Abby back on the first line? Does Babs have a learning disability? Why doesn't he get that Abby doesn't belong up there? I don't care how much space he creates, he has no business on the top line. I just hope these lines will change after a few shifts.

Tatar gets hot-Babcock puts Jurco on the fourth line- yeah this makes a lot of sense. Argh...

Why is Abby back on the first line? Does Babs have a learning disability? Why doesn't he get that Abby doesn't belong up there? I don't care how much space he creates, he has no business on the top line. I just hope these lines will change after a few shifts.

On that same logic though, Nyquist cooled off when he moved off the kid line because he had the other teams best D. Pav with Mule and Abby will draw the other teams top D, allowing Nyquist more space to work. Also a third line of alfie-Legwand-helm/jurco gives us a third line offensive threat as well. I think either line that gets matched up against the other teams third line/d pair will dominate and create a lot of offense. So the lines really aren't that bad in my opinion. Not to mention I think this is seeing up for what the lines will look like when Z gets back. Jurco goes to gr, Abby moves down to the forth and Z fills in where Abby was.

On that same logic though, Nyquist cooled off when he moved off the kid line because he had the other teams best D. Pav with Mule and Abby will draw the other teams top D, allowing Nyquist more space to work. Also a third line of alfie-Legwand-helm/jurco gives us a third line offensive threat as well. I think either line that gets matched up against the other teams third line/d pair will dominate and create a lot of offense. So the lines really aren't that bad in my opinion. Not to mention I think this is seeing up for what the lines will look like when Z gets back. Jurco goes to gr, Abby moves down to the forth and Z fills in where Abby was.

Technically Jurco could stay up, which I am betting he will, since there is no roster limit during playoffs.

I'm thinking Babs likes Abby on Datsyuks wing during the hard hitting crunch time of the playoffs, so he's preparing now.

I'm thinking Babs likes Abby on Datsyuks wing during the hard hitting crunch time of the playoffs, so he's preparing now.

Yeah he likes him there, but there are very few reasons to like him there; he just doesn't belong up top. We've been doing just fine without Abby on the first line, and just because the playoffs are coming up doesn't mean he automatically gets to play there.

I can't stress this enough, Jurco has to play with Tatar. He creates space and allows Tatar room to maneuver. Plus if Nyquist plays with Pav and the kid line doesn't get separated, we have two scoring lines. With Abby on the top line, we have 1.5 lines capable of scoring; and that's if Tatar doesn't fall back into a funk without Jurco. Not to mention Jurco is a waste on the fourth.