291 replies to this topic

#21 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Jurco gets hurt-Tatar struggles.

Jurco returns from injury-Tatar gets hot.

Tatar gets hot-Babcock puts Jurco on the fourth line- yeah this makes a lot of sense. Argh...

Why is Abby back on the first line? Does Babs have a learning disability? Why doesn't he get that Abby doesn't belong up there? I don't care how much space he creates, he has no business on the top line. I just hope these lines will change after a few shifts.

On that same logic though, Nyquist cooled off when he moved off the kid line because he had the other teams best D. Pav with Mule and Abby will draw the other teams top D, allowing Nyquist more space to work. Also a third line of alfie-Legwand-helm/jurco gives us a third line offensive threat as well. I think either line that gets matched up against the other teams third line/d pair will dominate and create a lot of offense. So the lines really aren't that bad in my opinion. Not to mention I think this is seeing up for what the lines will look like when Z gets back. Jurco goes to gr, Abby moves down to the forth and Z fills in where Abby was.

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

On that same logic though, Nyquist cooled off when he moved off the kid line because he had the other teams best D. Pav with Mule and Abby will draw the other teams top D, allowing Nyquist more space to work. Also a third line of alfie-Legwand-helm/jurco gives us a third line offensive threat as well. I think either line that gets matched up against the other teams third line/d pair will dominate and create a lot of offense. So the lines really aren't that bad in my opinion. Not to mention I think this is seeing up for what the lines will look like when Z gets back. Jurco goes to gr, Abby moves down to the forth and Z fills in where Abby was.

Technically Jurco could stay up, which I am betting he will, since there is no roster limit during playoffs.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#23 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Jurco gets hurt-Tatar struggles.
Jurco returns from injury-Tatar gets hot.
Tatar gets hot-Babcock puts Jurco on the fourth line- yeah this makes a lot of sense. Argh...
Why is Abby back on the first line? Does Babs have a learning disability? Why doesn't he get that Abby doesn't belong up there? I don't care how much space he creates, he has no business on the top line. I just hope these lines will change after a few shifts.

I'm thinking Babs likes Abby on Datsyuks wing during the hard hitting crunch time of the playoffs, so he's preparing now.

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, get used to Abdelkader up there. It's playoff time and I have a feeling its going to stay that way.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm thinking Babs likes Abby on Datsyuks wing during the hard hitting crunch time of the playoffs, so he's preparing now.

Yeah he likes him there, but there are very few reasons to like him there; he just doesn't belong up top. We've been doing just fine without Abby on the first line, and just because the playoffs are coming up doesn't mean he automatically gets to play there.

I can't stress this enough, Jurco has to play with Tatar. He creates space and allows Tatar room to maneuver. Plus if Nyquist plays with Pav and the kid line doesn't get separated, we have two scoring lines. With Abby on the top line, we have 1.5 lines capable of scoring; and that's if Tatar doesn't fall back into a funk without Jurco. Not to mention Jurco is a waste on the fourth.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Yeah he likes him there, but there are very few reasons to like him there; he just doesn't belong up top. We've been doing just fine without Abby on the first line, and just because the playoffs are coming up doesn't mean he automatically gets to play there.

I can't stress this enough, Jurco has to play with Tatar. He creates space and allows Tatar room to maneuver. Plus if Nyquist plays with Pav and the kid line doesn't get separated, we have two scoring lines. With Abby on the top line, we have 1.5 lines capable of scoring; and that's if Tatar doesn't fall back into a funk without Jurco. Not to mention Jurco is a waste on the fourth.

I disagree. Pav and z score quite a bit together with Abby. Abby works the corners hits creates space and screens the goalie for the euro twins to do there thing. And in the playoffs they will need someone like that on the wing considering there injuries

#27 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Must win tonight. I won't be able to watch the game until around 10 (that's 1 a.m. for you East Coasters), but I will be thinking about the game. Hopefully Pav is able to get his feet back under him because he was falling down a lot against MTL. 6-1 Wings. They have a hot start and continue to play after it for once this season.

#28 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

I disagree. Pav and z score quite a bit together with Abby. Abby works the corners hits creates space and screens the goalie for the euro twins to do there thing. And in the playoffs they will need someone like that on the wing considering there injuries

Well Z isn't back yet. When he returns, Babs can consider putting Abby on the top line; but until then Abby has no business's there. Even when Z would gets back though, I still would prefer Franzen play with them.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Well Z isn't back yet. When he returns, Babs can consider putting Abby on the top line; but until then Abby has no business's there. Even when Z would gets back though, I still would prefer Franzen play with them.

I would rather franzen on the third line until he gets going again. I'm thinking that will be soon though

#30 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hope for a regulation win, expect a regulation loss.

Why so pessimistic? I think the Sabres coming back and almost tying the last game will make this team continue to push and not let the foot off the gas.

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Why so pessimistic? I think the Sabres coming back and almost tying the last game will make this team continue to push and not let the foot off the gas.

I hope your right but they didn't seem motivated against the habs

#32 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

I would rather franzen on the third line until he gets going again. I'm thinking that will be soon though

I think Franzen is getting close to breaking out. Playing with Pav might be the boost he needs.

I hope your right but they didn't seem motivated against the habs

I'm just ignoring that game(better for my sanity). Plus that was a weird game .

#33 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Technically Jurco could stay up, which I am betting he will, since there is no roster limit during playoffs.

Could turn out that way, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but why have a kid sit up here when he could lead the griffs in the playoffs?

#34 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Could turn out that way, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but why have a kid sit up here when he could lead the griffs in the playoffs?

Because our team is made of glass.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#35 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Gus didn't cool off, he had one bad game.

Your other points are all valid, but Z is still a long way away. When he gets back we can rethink the lines, but why mess with them now.

#36 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Get the 2 points don't screw it up
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

I love that Gus cooling off means he is scoring a goal every other game. 

#38 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

HATE the lines. But have to have 2 points in regulation tonight, no excuses.

#NOMOREKINDL

#39 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Two points are a must and then try to get another one against the Penguins which should be enough.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#40 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Gustav cooling off? Are we talking about the Boston game? When he probably would have had the top D pairing on the top team in the league (and 2nd lowest GA right now) and was probably going to shadow him no matter what line he was on with the home team last change?

lulz...

Obviously he was on a torrid pace that probably was not sustainable, but still...not going to say he has really cooled off yet...he has a lot of people's attention now.