• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

Thank you good sir, for reminding me truly what an a**h*** this guy is. Man I hope he gets Kronwalled. 

Edited by wings4thecup06, 09 April 2014 - 08:25 AM.

temp 1

#22 NYC Wings Fanatic

NYC Wings Fanatic

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

There is absolutely no denying that his hockey skill are genuinely off the charts, but on the other hand, in terms of class and sportsmanship, he sets equally low levels in the other direction. In other words, the phrase - "He is a total d*ck" fits him to a tee!

#23 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Meh.  You could probably do a video like that with 90% of the players in the league.  Certainly not a fan, but wishing injury on a guy is really over the top. Plus, you have to consider he came into the league as an 18 year old with all the pressure in the world. I think he's toned it down a lot in recent years. I don't like him because he plays on a rival for the Wings.  But I'd take him on the Wings in a heartbeat.

90% of the players in the league!?!?! Seriously?  He is 26...he is not a child anymore and he still dives and crys. When you get voted by your peers to be the biggest whiner it means something. And don't give me that bull that its because everyone is jealous. The standard s***sburg fan response. I admit his skill is off the charts but no way in hell would I want him on the wings. He would have to change big time for me to even give it a second thought. 

Only way I want him even close to a wings jersey is him getting kronwalled

http://video.nhl.com...511135&catid=35

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 09 April 2014 - 09:29 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#24 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

*shrugs*  So he dives and whines some.  Just not something for me to get all worked up over.  Franzen does pretty well in the diving and whining department too.  Chelios was no saint on the ice either.  Fedorov would lay on the ice for 10 minutes if someone bumped into him.   As far as I know, he's never been in trouble with the law, has been respectful to fans and media, and is relatively well spoken and conducts himself well.  I hope the Wings beat the Pens tonight and hopefully play them in the playoffs and prevail there as well, but I'm just not into the whole shistburgh and crysby thing. 

#25 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

*shrugs*  So he dives and whines some.  Just not something for me to get all worked up over.  Franzen does pretty well in the diving and whining department too.  Chelios was no saint on the ice either.  Fedorov would lay on the ice for 10 minutes if someone bumped into him.   As far as I know, he's never been in trouble with the law, has been respectful to fans and media, and is relatively well spoken and conducts himself well.  I hope the Wings beat the Pens tonight and hopefully play them in the playoffs and prevail there as well, but I'm just not into the whole shistburgh and crysby thing. 

Yeah because everyone on here is getting all worked up about it. When was the last time Mule, Chelios or any of those you named was voted the worse cry baby in hockey by his peers? That's what this whole thread was about not how he conducts himself off of the ice. This is a sport. Entertainment which crosby fails at unless you like crying and flailing around on the ice after a ref touches him in the face. No where in this video or the thread has someone said anything about his off ice character. The problem is he was shoved down our throats from the very beginning of him coming into the league and when you play like crosby does unless you are a pens fan you are going to get much hate. Stop trying to defend him by lumping him into others that are no where near the level. Doesn't work.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#26 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

He's been "shoved down our throats" because he's been consistently the best player in the league.  He had all the pressure in the world put on to him to save a franchise, and he delivered. He scored the gold medal winning goal for Canada.  He's won the Stanley Cup.(on the ice at Joe Louis...ouch!) I can see why that pisses people off.   Datsyuk was whining last night when he thought a call wasn't made against him.  Big deal.  Every player does it.  Does he do it more than other players?  Maybe.  So what?  Players do what they can to get an advantage.  I'm sure no Red Wing has ever dove or faked an injury to try and draw a penalty, EVER.

So all the "outrage" is over one anonymous poll from 5 years ago when he was 21?  If that's what gets you worked up, have at it. 

The only issue I have with Crosby was him not following the proper handshake protocol after winning the Cup.  I think Canadians would have went bats*** crazy if a European player had done the same thing.  Otherwise, I just don't like Crosby because he plays for another team and he's good.  Nobody really hates players on other teams that suck.

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Those slew foots were just brutal. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

He's been "shoved down our throats" because he's been consistently the best player in the league.  He had all the pressure in the world put on to him to save a franchise, and he delivered. He scored the gold medal winning goal for Canada.  He's won the Stanley Cup.(on the ice at Joe Louis...ouch!) I can see why that pisses people off.   Datsyuk was whining last night when he thought a call wasn't made against him.  Big deal.  Every player does it.  Does he do it more than other players?  Maybe.  So what?  Players do what they can to get an advantage.  I'm sure no Red Wing has ever dove or faked an injury to try and draw a penalty, EVER.

So all the "outrage" is over one anonymous poll from 5 years ago when he was 21?  If that's what gets you worked up, have at it. 

The only issue I have with Crosby was him not following the proper handshake protocol after winning the Cup.  I think Canadians would have went bats*** crazy if a European player had done the same thing.  Otherwise, I just don't like Crosby because he plays for another team and he's good.  Nobody really hates players on other teams that suck.

I'm with you on this one... Crosby from 5 years ago I hated because he was diving and whining and acting like an entitled brat. He's matured, he is a far better player now than he was then, and since that concussion took him off the radar, I've cooled off about him. Now, he's just a very good player who is embellishing just as much as the next guy. He's just a better person than he was, that doesn't mean he's in the league of class like Zetterberg, Yzerman and co. Crosby is just another player in the league who is really good, and I just don't get bent out of shape by his antics anymore. 

Although, I assume over the next three weeks though, I will be hating him all over again. 

#29 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

Dats whinning!?!?! hahahah because he turned his head towards the refs after he was grabbed but never said anything...that time? If thats your comparison of whining then crosby wins hands down. Another failed attempt by you to find someone in the league to compare the whiniest player in the league to.Funny how you go to our star player like its even close. Yeah that report was a while ago but people/players still say it about him. How about that dive when the ref hit him.....reactionary play by crosby to fall and flail on the ice like he was shot. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#30 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

I'm with you on this one... Crosby from 5 years ago I hated because he was diving and whining and acting like an entitled brat. He's matured, he is a far better player now than he was then, and since that concussion took him off the radar, I've cooled off about him. Now, he's just a very good player who is embellishing just as much as the next guy. He's just a better person than he was, that doesn't mean he's in the league of class like Zetterberg, Yzerman and co. Crosby is just another player in the league who is really good, and I just don't get bent out of shape by his antics anymore. 

Although, I assume over the next three weeks though, I will be hating him all over again. 

Well said.  Although Yzerman was pure class most of the time, Stevie was quite the whiner too back in his younger days and had a bit of a temper. (Of course no Wings fan would ever admit to that!)  But like Crosby and the rest of us, he matured and figured it out.  He's just lucky the internet wasn't around then with fans with too much time on their hands.  

#31 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

That video didn't show me anything I didn't already know about the guy. 100% classless, and a disgrace to the integrity of the game.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#32 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Why do you keep saying he matured... He may have a little but do you guys remember 24/7...him and kadri haaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Well said.  Although Yzerman was pure class most of the time, Stevie was quite the whiner too back in his younger days and had a bit of a temper. (Of course no Wings fan would ever admit to that!)  But like Crosby and the rest of us, he matured and figured it out.  He's just lucky the internet wasn't around then with fans with too much time on their hands.  

Because it's not true.  He had a temper, but In his younger days Yzerman was as softspoken as Datsyuk.  It wasn't until he felt comfortable in the league and in his role as captain that he wouldn't hesitate to let the refs and other players know how he felt.  

I don't remember him doing anything approaching Crosby's antics his first few seasons, but the league was also different back then in terms of exposure. And there were no internet forums to pick apart his every word.

That being said, the Crosby obsession has reached jilted ex-girlfriend status here.  A lot of those clips were from 4 years ago or more.  I can't stand the guy when the Wings play him, but I don't think about him otherwise.  Regardless he's still the best player in the league.  

People also forget Crosby said this: 

(skip to 1:55 so you don't have to look at his stupid face any longer than necessary)

#34 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

In Crosby's defense, a lot of those clips were from earlier in his career when his maturity level was low. More recently, his diving and whining have really toned down. He still does that stuff from time to time, but I think at this point in his career, Crosby isn't any worse than many other hockey players in the league.
Having said that, I'm really looking forward to watching the Wings (read: Glendening) get under his skin, should we meet in the playoffs.

#35 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

i bet he whines all game tonight with glendening all over him.

#36 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

While I do think he's matured a bit I still don't get the people defending him. He's going to be remembered as one of the greats, but at the exact same time be remembered as a classless, diving whiner on ice. He didn't get that reputation because he's good, he got it because his antics are (were) Sean Avery level ridiculous. That being said I do hate him a lot less than I did when he was younger.

#37 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

I can watch Jimmy Howard go after him all day long lol. 

but this is nothing new to see him act that way. I cant wait to see glen get all up in his face.

Ya Crysby will have loads of fun tonight and in a 7 game series should he have to play the whole thing against Helm and Glendening together.  I expect to see a lot of waterworks from him regardless of the outcome.  Honestly, I think Crosby is one of the best players in the world, but for various reasons, mainly stated in this thread, I can't like or cheer for him.  He will always be labelled as a ****** to me, especially come playoffs when he tries to grow another dirtstache.  Toews went Crysby last year in the playoffs and lost a lot of respect in the hockey world, let's hope not many more follow suit.  Let's all just be glad we have Dats and Z leading our team.  Cooler heads prevail.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#38 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Because it's not true.  He had a temper, but In his younger days Yzerman was as softspoken as Datsyuk.  It wasn't until he felt comfortable in the league and in his role as captain that he wouldn't hesitate to let the refs and other players know how he felt.  

I don't remember him doing anything approaching Crosby's antics his first few seasons, but the league was also different back then in terms of exposure. And there were no internet forums to pick apart his every word.

That being said, the Crosby obsession has reached jilted ex-girlfriend status here.  A lot of those clips were from 4 years ago or more.  I can't stand the guy when the Wings play him, but I don't think about him otherwise.  Regardless he's still the best player in the league.  

(skip to 1:55 so you don't have to look at his stupid face any longer than necessary)

Yzerman is still soft spoken off the ice and in front of the cameras and so is Crosby.

But he's feisty and competitive on the ice and he did his share of whining.  I never said it was to the level of Crosby.  And anyone who "misremembers" how much Fedorov dove and laid on the ice like he was shot is definitely wearing Red Wing colored glasses.

So this player who his peers supposedly said is the biggest whiner was also chosen as the guy that more players would choose to start a franchise around?  Hm, interesting.  

While I do think he's matured a bit I still don't get the people defending him. He's going to be remembered as one of the greats, but at the exact same time be remembered as a classless, diving whiner on ice. He didn't get that reputation because he's good, he got it because his antics are (were) Sean Avery level ridiculous. That being said I do hate him a lot less than I did when he was younger.

You are Sean Avery ridiculous if you're actually making a serious comparison between Avery and Crosby.

Edited by Playmaker, 09 April 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#39 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Just because you don't like someone and you make a comment in a thread that its welcomed in doesn't mean I compare him to my jilted ex-girlfriend. But it is funny how he does get compared to a "girl"friend and not some sook of a boyfriend.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

#40 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

I'll allow it, nothing wrong with a bit of healthy Crosby bashing before a game against the Pens and the potential first round of playoffs, just keep it civil. 

Hell will be unleashed in the Photoshop War if that's how it pans out, Crosby will receive no mercy from me. :lol:

With the mod's blessing, and since the game is also on NBC tonight, I'm gonna put this right here:

3965552.jpg