• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

He's been "shoved down our throats" because he's been consistently the best player in the league.  He had all the pressure in the world put on to him to save a franchise, and he delivered. He scored the gold medal winning goal for Canada.  He's won the Stanley Cup.(on the ice at Joe Louis...ouch!) I can see why that pisses people off.   Datsyuk was whining last night when he thought a call wasn't made against him.  Big deal.  Every player does it.  Does he do it more than other players?  Maybe.  So what?  Players do what they can to get an advantage.  I'm sure no Red Wing has ever dove or faked an injury to try and draw a penalty, EVER.

So all the "outrage" is over one anonymous poll from 5 years ago when he was 21?  If that's what gets you worked up, have at it. 

The only issue I have with Crosby was him not following the proper handshake protocol after winning the Cup.  I think Canadians would have went bats*** crazy if a European player had done the same thing.  Otherwise, I just don't like Crosby because he plays for another team and he's good.  Nobody really hates players on other teams that suck.

Datsyuk never said a word to the ref.  He just went into a glide behind the net.  He likely knew that a call was on it's way and hence floated away.  When do you ever see Dats say anything to a ref?  If anything, Z is the vocal one but he's freakishly intense, not whiny.  It's really all about how you play out the situation.  If you come across as a whiny idiot, the refs don't listen, and especially if you whine constantly about everything.  Take Tuzzi for example, he gives the ref an earful every time he gets a penalty.  The likes of Dats and Glendening don't say a word.  Crosby also ******* about every single call that goes against his team.  Hell, he pisses and moans about consussions, yet he never said anything was wrong with Cooke's hits to peoples heads.  Z complains about bad calls and he skates off quietly when he deserved the penalty.  It's perception I guess, but many perceive Crosby as a whiner where they don't perceive Dats and Z as them.  Toews better be careful before he gets the label as I stated in my last post.  I think another good example of the Z like Captain is Backes, where he's the intense guy that knows when he's been had on a call and skates silently to the box when he's been caught red handed.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#42 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Yzerman is still soft spoken off the ice and in front of the cameras and so is Crosby.

But he's feisty and competitive on the ice and he did his share of whining.  I never said it was to the level of Crosby.  And anyone who "misremembers" how much Fedorov dove and laid on the ice like he was shot is definitely wearing Red Wing colored glasses.

So this player who his peers supposedly said is the biggest whiner was also chosen as the guy that more players would choose to start a franchise around?  Hm, interesting.  

You are Sean Avery ridiculous if you're actually making a serious comparison between Avery and Crosby.

sounds like you are wearing black and poop yellow colored glasses with all the defending you have done with crosby.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#43 NYC Wings Fanatic

NYC Wings Fanatic

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

With the mod's blessing, and since the game is also on NBC tonight, I'm gonna put this right here:

3965552.jpg

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

#44 NYC Wings Fanatic

NYC Wings Fanatic

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Aside from the so-called "past" diving and whining, the thing that always sticks with me is the instance a few years ago in the playoffs of his repeatedly chopping hard at the back of Z's legs with his stick on the way to their respective benches long after the particular play was whistled dead, and he thought that no one was looking (except he forgot - the broadcast cameras). I have seen him do this repeatedly over the years, and if he has stopped this lately, then fine and good, but can anyone honestly say that Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Lidstrom would ever have done this?

Edited by NYC Wings Fanatic, 09 April 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#45 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Can some of us get carried away? Sure.

Does he get more attention than other guys because he's as good as he is? Sure.

But even as he's improved in these areas, does he still whine and dive far more than most players, let alone players of his class? Absolutely.

He may not be as bad as he was, but he still carries himself on the ice like an entitled little punk. But as pissed as we are at Crosby about it, the league's lack of willingness to send him a message about some of these issues is just as bad if not worse. If the league weren't so desperate to have a star to parade around, he might've developed into a respectable competitor instead of simply being known as a whiny brat with skills.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#46 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

The game Crosby sucker punched Zetterberg and then complained after the game that Howard had no business coming in and face washing him because it was a fight between him and Z was the day he lost whatever shed of dignity he had left .

Yup.  Z was clear that he wanted no piece of Crosby.  He was probably afraid that NBC and the league would come down on him if he beat him up.

Crosby is a whiner and a punk.  I hope he recovers from his concussion stuff, but if he doesn't and has to retire I won't lose any sleep.

#47 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

He's a s*** head for sure. If we get them in the first round and Z isn't back to make Crosby look like an idiot all series it'll be a shame.

#NOMOREKINDL

#48 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

Just because you don't like someone and you make a comment in a thread that its welcomed in doesn't mean I compare him to my jilted ex-girlfriend. But it is funny how he does get compared to a "girl"friend and not some sook of a boyfriend.

I wasn't directing that comment at any specific one post.  Like I said, I think he's the best player in the league but I still pretty much cant' stand him. 

But I also don't go seeking out videos about him that will only irritate me.  Especially when one of the biggest complaints is about how much attention he gets.   It's like drinking spoiled milk repeatedly and then asking someone else to drink it.  "Doesn't this taste awful!  Here, have some!"

I prefer to go the route of "He Who Shall Not Be Named" when it comes to Crosby. 

#49 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Pens are my second favorite team, I don't shy away from that, But they will never be The Red Wings or have the history The Wings have. But with that said, Sid Crosby is hated because of his immaturity not his ability. In my opinion the Penguins are Letang,  Malkin, and Neal. Crosby is just the celebrity on the team. Hes talented sure. But he'll never be a  put your body on the line to win leader. We see them in the playoffs like I think we will, We beat them. Tonight is a statement game.

Edited by Jericho613, 09 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#50 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I just can't wait to see what would happen with him and Glendening if we get the Pens in the first round….

temp 1

#51 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Each player will have a couple of these in their respective careers. I have seen some of these clips already. However I didn't even realize he had enough of these clips to make a 6 minute video on YouTube. He disgusts me even more now. I hope his teeth get knocked out again.

#52 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Stevie was quite the whiner too back in his younger days and had a bit of a temper. (Of course no Wings fan would ever admit to that!) 

Are you claiming you aren't a Wings fan? :P

#53 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

I wasn't directing that comment at any specific one post.  Like I said, I think he's the best player in the league but I still pretty much cant' stand him. 

But I also don't go seeking out videos about him that will only irritate me.  Especially when one of the biggest complaints is about how much attention he gets.   It's like drinking spoiled milk repeatedly and then asking someone else to drink it.  "Doesn't this taste awful!  Here, have some!"

I prefer to go the route of "He Who Shall Not Be Named" when it comes to Crosby. 

OHH no I wasn't saying you were calling out any one post at all. I really only posted that to call to the fact that he gets compared to a girlfriend. hahahaha

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#54 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm a teacher and I just used this link to rick-roll one of my student's parents. Sent an e-mail telling them in honor of us possibly facing each other in the first round we should do a friendly wager and why don't they enjoy (as a sign of good faith) this great video compilation of crysby's greatest moments. I can't wait to read their response.

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,761 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

*The views expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the NHL, Gary Bettman, Brenden Shanahan, The NHLPA, Greg Luganis, Felix Baumgartner or the IIHF.

That being said, that is just a super video.  I wonder what his teammates think of him behind closed doors? Seriously, I would love to hear some God's honest, unbiased opinion's from former and current Pengwines players.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#56 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

I'll allow it, nothing wrong with a bit of healthy Crosby bashing before a game against the Pens and the potential first round of playoffs, just keep it civil. 

Hell will be unleashed in the Photoshop War if that's how it pans out, Crosby will receive no mercy from me. :lol:

allow-it.gif

He's starting to mature, but you have to remember, he's 26, it's not like he's an old man. He was thrust into the spot light at the age some people still need their moms to wake them up to get to high school.

Edited by Shaman, 11 April 2014 - 11:34 AM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#57 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

The level of diving is infuriating though. When he barely gets touched and lays on the ice motionless is unacceptable. It's one thing to go down easy but that is disgraceful

Pens are my second favorite team, I don't shy away from that, But they will never be The Red Wings or have the history The Wings have. But with that said, Sid Crosby is hated because of his immaturity not his ability. In my opinion the Penguins are Letang,  Malkin, and Neal. Crosby is just the celebrity on the team. Hes talented sure. But he'll never be a  put your body on the line to win leader. We see them in the playoffs like I think we will, We beat them. Tonight is a statement game.

The best player in the world isn't part of the teams core. Letang and Neal aren't going to lay it all out that's why they choke in the playoffs. Neal is an even bigger embarrassment than Crosby. That guy is the definition of a classless p.o.s

#58 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Yzerman is still soft spoken off the ice and in front of the cameras and so is Crosby.

But he's feisty and competitive on the ice and he did his share of whining.  I never said it was to the level of Crosby.  And anyone who "misremembers" how much Fedorov dove and laid on the ice like he was shot is definitely wearing Red Wing colored glasses.

So this player who his peers supposedly said is the biggest whiner was also chosen as the guy that more players would choose to start a franchise around?  Hm, interesting.  

You are Sean Avery ridiculous if you're actually making a serious comparison between Avery and Crosby.

A serious comparison? I'm not saying Avery = Crosby in every way, including talent. I'm saying on ice some of the things Crosby has done are just as stupid and unsportsmanlike like.

#59 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

He's lost all credibility for the "I'm not a whiny *****" argument after asking the refs to make an announcement for fans to stop throwing hats after a hat trick...I mean WHO DOES THAT?!

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#60 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

He's lost all credibility for the "I'm not a whiny *****" argument after asking the refs to make an announcement for fans to stop throwing hats after a hat trick...I mean WHO DOES THAT?!

If it was his hat trick he wouldn't have cared.