Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

• Please log in to reply
647 replies to this topic

#21 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

For all the fear on this board of the Bruins, Neal's elbows scare me far more than Lucic's fists.

Boston's a respectable organization with some semblance of respect for the league and its players, Pittsburgh is not.

Neals knees/elbows/cross checks to the head, and god forbid if Cindy decides to start hacking at datsyuks knees, these thoughts bother me, especially since well probably meet them in the first round.

And if lucic fights you, he's standing toe to toe and fighting, not trying to wrestle you to the ground and bash your head against the ice. watching videos of crosbys "fights" disgusted me, he practically jumps people for taking offense to his cheap shots, grabs the jersey and pulls them head first into the ice before repetitively smashing down...
For a league so "concerned" with concussions im shocked they've given him such a long leash on this, even though he is their poster child.

But It is reassuring to know glendenning can effectively shut down Sid, and that his head can apparently withstand cross checks.

Edit: spelling.
And an addition to my rant.

Let's go wings.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 09 April 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#22 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Let's GO WINGS!

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#23 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Reaaaally hoping the scratch isn't a big deal. Kronwall (got hit in the head)? Nyquist (got hit from behind)? *shudder* It's prolly Alfie tho.

As for the game - Statement. Game. Smash them to pieces, and then don't get injured when they look to goon it up. Monster is horrible against the Pens, but the Pens are struggling at home, and they won't have Malkin. So we've got a good chance tonight.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#24 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I hate the Pens, but I'm really happy Letang is back on the ice.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#25 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

hes probably the only penguins player that i really like. wish they would trade him.

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Same. Good for him, good for hockey.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

hes probably the only penguins player that i really like. wish they would trade him.

Maybe Holland can kidnap him while we are in Pittsburgh. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#28 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

The Penguins are getting everybody back for this game. They really want to prevent Wings from making playoffs. I hope the Wings play the best game of the year and crush Penguins in their own crib. That would put a real scare in their heads. Go Wings ! Win this one for the fans.

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

What do we think of the new third line of Jurco-Helm-Alfie?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

The Penguins are getting everybody back for this game. They really want to prevent Wings from making playoffs. I hope the Wings play the best game of the year and crush Penguins in their own crib. That would put a real scare in their heads.Go Wings ! Win this one for the fans.

The penguins would be dumb not to ice their best possible roster. They know first hand what the wings can do in the playoffs and probably would much rather play colombus than Detroit in the first round. People around here talk as if the wings have the worst team in the league, but when I talk to fans of other teams they have a different opinion. Many people are saying they are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs, they are playing phenomenal hockey lately, finally getting injured players back and more in the playoffs and are only going to get better when the rest come back. I'm not worried about Pittsburgh, in fact exacting some sweet revenge for 2009 would be wonderful, I wonder if Sidney will cry.

#31 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

The Penguins are getting everybody back for this game. They really want to prevent Wings from making playoffs. I hope the Wings play the best game of the year and crush Penguins in their own crib. That would put a real scare in their heads.Go Wings ! Win this one for the fans.

The penguins would be dumb not to ice their best possible roster. They know first hand what the wings can do in the playoffs and probably would much rather play colombus than Detroit in the first round. People around here talk as if the wings have the worst team in the league, but when I talk to fans of other teams they have a different opinion. Many people are saying they are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs, they are playing phenomenal hockey lately, finally getting injured players back and more in the playoffs and are only going to get better when the rest come back. I'm not worried about Pittsburgh, in fact exacting some sweet revenge for 2009 would be wonderful, I wonder if Sidney will cry.

Glendening will make Sid cry. Just watch and see.

#32 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

I hate it! I want Jurco with Tatar, they are meant to play together. 

#33 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

I liked them against Buffalo and I thought they were our best line in that game. GOod mix of size, speed and offensive ability

temp 1

#34 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I liked them against Buffalo and I thought they were our best line in that game. GOod mix of size, speed and offensive ability

I agree. There is no denying Helm's best hockey this season has come when he is playing with Alfie. Alfie does a great job of slowing the game down (which is funny since he is with speed Helm) and making simple little passes to guys who are open. Jurco provides good puck support as well and isn't afraid to go to the net. I like Nyquuist and tatar together more to be honest.

But if Franzen continues to be lazy I want him off of Pavs line because it is getting annoying.

#35 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

That's legit.

The Penguins are a much dirtier team than the Bs. I guarantee one serious, dirty-play-related injury to a Red Wings if we have a long series vs the Pens.

Orpik is also fond of the knee on knee play (Helm, Franzen)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#36 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

lets go wings! I look forward to clinching #23 tonight :)

#37 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Games on nbc, can't wait for all the penguin slobbering Eddie o will do tonight. Subtle interference here I come lol

#38 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

People around here talk as if the wings have the worst team in the league, but when I talk to fans of other teams they have a different opinion. Many people are saying they are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs

Things have actually been remarkably positive around here. We all seem to be on the same page in believing the Wings could do some damage.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#39 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Things have actually been remarkably positive around here. We all seem to be on the same page in believing the Wings could do some damage.

Not everyone. Some people will always be negative lol. But I'm with the wings can beat the pens crowd, not planning the parade yet but hey anything can happen

#40 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I worry about Nyquist. The last couple games the trend has been to cheap shot him since teams cNt seem to figure out a way to stop him.