• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

Rate this topic

The Penguins are getting everybody back for this game. They really want to prevent Wings from making playoffs. I hope the Wings play the best game of the year and crush Penguins in their own crib. That would put a real scare in their heads.

Go Wings ! Win this one for the fans.

The Penguins are getting everybody back for this game. They really want to prevent Wings from making playoffs. I hope the Wings play the best game of the year and crush Penguins in their own crib. That would put a real scare in their heads.Go Wings ! Win this one for the fans.

The penguins would be dumb not to ice their best possible roster. They know first hand what the wings can do in the playoffs and probably would much rather play colombus than Detroit in the first round. People around here talk as if the wings have the worst team in the league, but when I talk to fans of other teams they have a different opinion. Many people are saying they are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs, they are playing phenomenal hockey lately, finally getting injured players back and more in the playoffs and are only going to get better when the rest come back. I'm not worried about Pittsburgh, in fact exacting some sweet revenge for 2009 would be wonderful, I wonder if Sidney will cry.

The Penguins are getting everybody back for this game. They really want to prevent Wings from making playoffs. I hope the Wings play the best game of the year and crush Penguins in their own crib. That would put a real scare in their heads.Go Wings ! Win this one for the fans.

The penguins would be dumb not to ice their best possible roster. They know first hand what the wings can do in the playoffs and probably would much rather play colombus than Detroit in the first round. People around here talk as if the wings have the worst team in the league, but when I talk to fans of other teams they have a different opinion. Many people are saying they are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs, they are playing phenomenal hockey lately, finally getting injured players back and more in the playoffs and are only going to get better when the rest come back. I'm not worried about Pittsburgh, in fact exacting some sweet revenge for 2009 would be wonderful, I wonder if Sidney will cry.

Glendening will make Sid cry. Just watch and see.

I liked them against Buffalo and I thought they were our best line in that game. GOod mix of size, speed and offensive ability

I agree. There is no denying Helm's best hockey this season has come when he is playing with Alfie. Alfie does a great job of slowing the game down (which is funny since he is with speed Helm) and making simple little passes to guys who are open. Jurco provides good puck support as well and isn't afraid to go to the net. I like Nyquuist and tatar together more to be honest.

But if Franzen continues to be lazy I want him off of Pavs line because it is getting annoying.

That's legit.

The Penguins are a much dirtier team than the Bs. I guarantee one serious, dirty-play-related injury to a Red Wings if we have a long series vs the Pens.

Orpik is also fond of the knee on knee play (Helm, Franzen)

People around here talk as if the wings have the worst team in the league, but when I talk to fans of other teams they have a different opinion. Many people are saying they are one of the scariest teams going into the playoffs

Things have actually been remarkably positive around here. We all seem to be on the same page in believing the Wings could do some damage.

Things have actually been remarkably positive around here. We all seem to be on the same page in believing the Wings could do some damage.

Not everyone. Some people will always be negative lol. But I'm with the wings can beat the pens crowd, not planning the parade yet but hey anything can happen

Franzen will never NOT be lazy. In all honesty, putting my never ending hatred for him aside, there is no forward out there that is less important to this team right now and is as useless...

On the D, you can argue Kindl and Q, but the D is a-whole-nother entity. Franzen, right now, can be described as the worst forward on this team and it will only get worse with each coming year. Trade him this June.

That being said, I hope he is the scratch tonight. It is of 0 advantage to have him out there.... (of course I am hoping that all this talk, makes him start another streak of scoring so I can enjoy the crow.)

Not everyone. Some people will always be negative lol. But I'm with the wings can beat the pens crowd, not planning the parade yet but hey anything can happen

I guess my point was that "public opinion" (around here and league-wide) is pretty much as you'd expect it to be, the one noteworthy exception being that most people here believe we're fully capable of knocking off one of the top two seeds in the first round. If memory serves (and it's certainly possible that it doesn't), we were much more worried about the Ducks last season than we are about the Penuins now.

League-wide, I think hockey fans generally hold the Wings in high regard.

The Wings have been playing well, but so have the Jackets and they are not missing their top forward and their second-best defenceman. Plus CBJ is a pretty physical team. I'm not saying the Pens shouldn't fear the Wings, I'm saying I think if they had to choose one or the other they would rather meet the Wings, mostly (but not solely) because of the injury situation.

I think with the Wings missing two key guys and the way Columbus has been playing lately, the Pens probably fear the Jackets more than the Wings.

I guarantee the Pens want the Jackets. They won the regular season series 5-0. The Jackets have never won a playoff game. The Jackets have been winning, but so have the Wings.

The Wings are scarier on almost every level.

Edited by Dabura

I think for playoff purposes, PIT wants the Jackets and we want Bos and NEITHER BOS nor PIT want Detroit. As long as we get our 1 point, I kind of hope we drop to 8th to play BOS in the first round. Only kind of though. It would be nice to pull the upset over PIT as well! More satisfying than upsetting Boston that's for sure! Especially after 2009's Bettman Cup.

Edited by LeftWinger

I guess my point was that "public opinion" (around here and league-wide) is pretty much as you'd expect it to be, the one noteworthy exception being that most people here believe we're fully capable of knocking off one of the top two seeds in the first round. If memory serves (and it's certainly possible that it doesn't), we were much more worried about the Ducks last season than we are about the Penuins now.

League-wide, I think hockey fans generally hold the Wings in high regard.

Part of that might be Malkins injury, Pavels return and Fleurys postseason habits. ;)