• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

Rate this topic

2 PP goals and a garbage tap in. Then a fluke in the shootout

I really want to play the penguins they're easily rattled but as somebody mentioned earlier the Crosby reffing might make me lose my mind. Also it looks like fleury could redeem himself this year

Nah. Guy is always out of positioning, and his saves only look amazing as a result of that. Kinda like Hasek, but he's nowhere near Hasek's league. Gustavsson is too wild in his style. No wonder he gives up so many bad goals.

This. He plays like Hasek except sucks at it. He lost us the last game we played in and he lost us this one, in both game modes. He overplays pucks and is constantly out of position, I can't stand that in a goalie. I guess resting Howard was more important than winning this game, but I'm still pissed because we needed this win to stay ahead of Columbus.

Rather play Boston tbh..would be a great series..Pitts is a dirty team

No way. They played us with respect during the season because we're new, playoffs is a different animal. Marchand would be whacking at Datsyuk every shift, Rask could be a wall. Huge motivation to win the next 2 games and hope one of the Florida teams can knock off Columbus.

So, big takeaway? For me...if our special teams can improve a bit and Z and/or E can return a little early, a series against the Pens is absolutely winnable. They only won tonight because we let them.

It's winnable without Z. It'll have to be too as I don't think he could or should rush back.

You guys are forgetting Malkin didn't play. Not sure if he's going to be ready for the playoffs or not but he's an ENORMOUS factor. I would have loved the win to cap off a great night though. 23 years it is. Go Wings!

And much like Hasek he also wins games very consistently, pretty well done for a clown.

That's an anomaly. Team has scored more for him this season, but his save percentage isn't that good.

I can't imagine him in a 7 game playoff series. It'd be like a heart attack on every shift.

No way. They played us with respect during the season because we're new, playoffs is a different animal. Marchand would be whacking at Datsyuk every shift, Rask could be a wall. Huge motivation to win the next 2 games and hope one of the Florida teams can knock off Columbus.

Still think it would be a great series..we have seen Det/Pitt before..like to see 2 original 6 teams go at it.

You guys are forgetting Malkin didn't play. Not sure if he's going to be ready for the playoffs or not but he's an ENORMOUS factor. I would have loved the win to cap off a great night though. 23 years it is. Go Wings!

You're forgetting Cleary will be back in the playoffs.

This is the time of year he lives for. He doesn't care about the rest of the season. He rises to the occasion in the clutch, when most of us would fail under similar pressure.

So, big takeaway? For me...if our special teams can improve a bit and Z and/or E can return a little early, a series against the Pens is absolutely winnable. They only won tonight because we let them.

But we were playing for our lives, they were playing because the schedule said they had a game tonight.

Are you forgetting that Zetterberg didnt play, and that was our backup?

And were missing our #2 d man?

The w would've been nice.

But I'm happy.