Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

• Please log in to reply
647 replies to this topic

#621 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hardly a reason to pick someone first star

I think it was the nature of his injury (stroke.) Which I guess isn't really an injury, but you get the idea.

#622 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

I think it was the nature of his injury (stroke.) Which I guess isn't really an injury, but you get the idea.

He's young.
And had a stroke.
It's awesome he was able to play again.
I get it.
And im sure you can see why.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 09 April 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#623 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Babs says the kids are awesome and will be keeping their jobs:

https://twitter.com/...4928128/photo/1

Don't Toews me, bro!

#624 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

Babs says the kids are awesome and will be keeping their jobs:

https://twitter.com/...4928128/photo/1

As well they should.

I'm nitpicking, but Jurco gets bumped to the 3rd line and Abby gets moved up. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#625 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

The streak continues.

:siren:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 09 April 2014 - 11:29 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#626 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

As well they should.

I'm nitpicking, but Jurco gets bumped to the 3rd line and Abby gets moved up. 

Seniority? I dunno. Seemed to work. I think Jurco may have had two tonight (I’m convinced he tipped Sheahan’s shot on the tying goal). 

I love that kid. He can play on any of the four lines and make them all better. And he’s only 21. Total success story. 100% good vibes. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#627 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Seniority? I dunno. Seemed to work. I think Jurco may have had two tonight (Im convinced he tipped Sheahans shot on the tying goal). 

I love that kid. He can play on any of the four lines and make them all better. And hes only 21. Total success story. 100% good vibes. 

He's been awesome, but Tatar is much better when Jurco plays on his wing.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#628 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

He's been awesome, but Tatar is much better when Jurco plays on his wing.

That’s because Jurco’s awesome. That was my point. Right now, I think he could play on any four lines and make them all better.  He as all of Abby’s tools ( a little less physical) + hands. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#629 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:52 PM

Thats because Jurcos awesome. That was my point. Right now, I think he could play on any four lines and make them all better.  He as all of Abbys tools ( a little less physical) + hands. 

I got your point I just wanted to reiterate that I want him with Tatar.

#630 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

crvYHQD.gif

#631 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

St. James says we're likely to seed as a wild card.

http://www.freep.com...sburgh-penguins

Good to know.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#632 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

How fitting is that, my 3.000 post - no I'm not bragging just found it fitting - and the Wings clinched for the 23 time :-)

anyway congratulations to Babcock and the young guns to be honest I really didn't expect this so hopefully we are never going to read "Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar or Jurco" are sent down to make place for  [insert over the hill vet] again. I also didn't have much fun watching a lot of Wings games this season but thanks to the young guns I can enjoy the game again.

Love the way Babs is calling out Sindy and the Tankuins :-)

Mr. I throw the bank at this g uy before his contract is up, best coach in hockey by far

Edited by frankgrimes, 10 April 2014 - 01:41 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#633 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:46 AM

Ugh while I've hated a long time on Jimmy's poke check Gus's does us in either way I think both struggle badly at this neals goal could have been stopped there are countless examples of Howard being very very embarrassed poke checking
A series against Boston would be epic with hank z at full strength and in the luneup
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#634 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

Ugh while I've hated a long time on Jimmy's poke check Gus's does us in either way I think both struggle badly at this neals goal could have been stopped there are countless examples of Howard being very very embarrassed poke checking
A series against Boston would be epic with hank z at full strength and in the luneup

You either poke check or you don't. There's no magical poke check formula that only the elite are allowed to know. It was very bad luck, he poked the puck, then it jumped up over him and cruised perfectly back down into the net.

#635 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

You guys are forgetting Malkin didn't play. Not sure if he's going to be ready for the playoffs or not but he's an ENORMOUS factor. I would have loved the win to cap off a great night though. 23 years it is. Go Wings!

f*** Malkin all he's good for is diving and acting stupid after the game is over. ;)

I would argue Malkin has been more dangerous to the Wings than Crosby. I don't know their point totals vs the Wings but Crosby always seems to struggle against us. Malkin doesn't as much. I do worry about him.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#636 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Not to be a Debbie downer BUT why is everyone putting Zetterberg in the lineup? Is his first skate not today? Holland made it very clear that this "skate" of Z's means very, very little. He hasn't been on skates in months, and they want to see how it goes....The line up last night is what it's going to be for the first round and a half is my guess. I liked Goose with Tatar but Jurco would look great there with them! I'm so stoked for these playoffs!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#637 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

6 days to go! Can't wait! So proud of these guys for sticking with it! Who cares who we face in round one, let's get it on! 

temp 1

#638 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'm not even going to pick my poison.  We're in and that's all that matters.  Hope the boys are ready to make some noise.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#639 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

So proud of this team. I am so happy that they made the playoffs. Whatever happens this year, I am so proud to be a Wings fan. I know that the future is bright, but it will be interesting to see how they perform against the top teams in the East. LGW! Best franchise in sports!

#640 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Holland makes some questionable moves, but in the end, even I can appreciate the moves he makes...

Let's seriously hope we have seen the last of Cleary, Sammy and Bertuzzi.  Please let Q and Monster walk as well.  Oh and trade Kindl and waive Lashoff.  :lol: Asking a lot am I?

I have to ask one more time, just how genius was getting Legwand at the 11th hour on March 5? Wow, we needed him and he has given us big time timely points.  We sold a bit of the future for him, but really we aren't going to miss Eaves or the (now) 2nd round pick.  Jarnkrok, yes, great prospect, but look at the guys we have in Detroit now and the next couple to come up next year and the next.  Future is still bright and Holland made a great move! All you haters cannot deny he made an executive decision and it played a huge part in Detroit making it 23!

edit:  Honestly, with our kids and our stars signed for the next million years, I cannot see a year we don't make the playoffs...this was our down year, we are only going to get better and better...

Edited by LeftWinger, 10 April 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!