• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

Rate this topic

As well they should.

I'm nitpicking, but Jurco gets bumped to the 3rd line and Abby gets moved up.

Seniority? I dunno. Seemed to work. I think Jurco may have had two tonight (I’m convinced he tipped Sheahan’s shot on the tying goal).

I love that kid. He can play on any of the four lines and make them all better. And he’s only 21. Total success story. 100% good vibes.

Seniority? I dunno. Seemed to work. I think Jurco may have had two tonight (Im convinced he tipped Sheahans shot on the tying goal).

I love that kid. He can play on any of the four lines and make them all better. And hes only 21. Total success story. 100% good vibes.

He's been awesome, but Tatar is much better when Jurco plays on his wing.

He's been awesome, but Tatar is much better when Jurco plays on his wing.

That’s because Jurco’s awesome. That was my point. Right now, I think he could play on any four lines and make them all better. He as all of Abby’s tools ( a little less physical) + hands.

Thats because Jurcos awesome. That was my point. Right now, I think he could play on any four lines and make them all better. He as all of Abbys tools ( a little less physical) + hands.

I got your point I just wanted to reiterate that I want him with Tatar.

How fitting is that, my 3.000 post - no I'm not bragging just found it fitting - and the Wings clinched for the 23 time :-)

anyway congratulations to Babcock and the young guns to be honest I really didn't expect this so hopefully we are never going to read "Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar or Jurco" are sent down to make place for [insert over the hill vet] again. I also didn't have much fun watching a lot of Wings games this season but thanks to the young guns I can enjoy the game again.

Love the way Babs is calling out Sindy and the Tankuins :-)

Mr. I throw the bank at this g uy before his contract is up, best coach in hockey by far

Edited by frankgrimes

Ugh while I've hated a long time on Jimmy's poke check Gus's does us in either way I think both struggle badly at this neals goal could have been stopped there are countless examples of Howard being very very embarrassed poke checking

A series against Boston would be epic with hank z at full strength and in the luneup

Ugh while I've hated a long time on Jimmy's poke check Gus's does us in either way I think both struggle badly at this neals goal could have been stopped there are countless examples of Howard being very very embarrassed poke checking

A series against Boston would be epic with hank z at full strength and in the luneup

You either poke check or you don't. There's no magical poke check formula that only the elite are allowed to know. It was very bad luck, he poked the puck, then it jumped up over him and cruised perfectly back down into the net.

You guys are forgetting Malkin didn't play. Not sure if he's going to be ready for the playoffs or not but he's an ENORMOUS factor. I would have loved the win to cap off a great night though. 23 years it is. Go Wings!

f*** Malkin all he's good for is diving and acting stupid after the game is over. ;)

I would argue Malkin has been more dangerous to the Wings than Crosby. I don't know their point totals vs the Wings but Crosby always seems to struggle against us. Malkin doesn't as much. I do worry about him.

Not to be a Debbie downer BUT why is everyone putting Zetterberg in the lineup? Is his first skate not today? Holland made it very clear that this "skate" of Z's means very, very little. He hasn't been on skates in months, and they want to see how it goes....The line up last night is what it's going to be for the first round and a half is my guess. I liked Goose with Tatar but Jurco would look great there with them! I'm so stoked for these playoffs!

Holland makes some questionable moves, but in the end, even I can appreciate the moves he makes...

Let's seriously hope we have seen the last of Cleary, Sammy and Bertuzzi. Please let Q and Monster walk as well. Oh and trade Kindl and waive Lashoff. :lol: Asking a lot am I?

I have to ask one more time, just how genius was getting Legwand at the 11th hour on March 5? Wow, we needed him and he has given us big time timely points. We sold a bit of the future for him, but really we aren't going to miss Eaves or the (now) 2nd round pick. Jarnkrok, yes, great prospect, but look at the guys we have in Detroit now and the next couple to come up next year and the next. Future is still bright and Holland made a great move! All you haters cannot deny he made an executive decision and it played a huge part in Detroit making it 23!

edit: Honestly, with our kids and our stars signed for the next million years, I cannot see a year we don't make the playoffs...this was our down year, we are only going to get better and better...

Edited by LeftWinger

Not to be a Debbie downer BUT why is everyone putting Zetterberg in the lineup? Is his first skate not today? Holland made it very clear that this "skate" of Z's means very, very little. He hasn't been on skates in months, and they want to see how it goes....The line up last night is what it's going to be for the first round and a half is my guess. I liked Goose with Tatar but Jurco would look great there with them! I'm so stoked for these playoffs!

Z is a warrior. If there is any chance he can be back in the first round he will be.

We made it ! With our list of injuries it's almost a miracle. Many guys were mentioned but I like to give much credit to Kenny who gets sometimes to much criticism here. But in the end he was right with letting Tatar and Gus play that long in the minors. And he got us hte right guy at the right time in Legwand, who put up point after point when we needed it the most. And the farm is still full of great prospects. Compare that to Vancouver or Toronto. Future indeed looks bright for us Red Wings fans.

I don't care how many rounds we survive this playoffrun*, this year was great and in the last third of the season this team was absolutely exciting to watch. Admittedly sometimes only because of our famous regular third-period two goal lead meltdowns, but even they become fun when the Wings manage secure victory despite. It's like watching Monster in net : You almost get a heart attack every time you see him moving and getting out of position but somehow he gets the work done. How dull is watching Ryan Miller in comparison. :P

To the next 23 years and let's GO Wings !

*I'm not totally honest here. Reaching round 2 would be nice, because I probaly can't watch Round 1 because of my bar-exam. ;)

Edited by derblaueClaus

@ayronatthewings: Hockeytown how are your poetry skills? Get those ideas flowing, create a Wings Haiku & win suite tickets to tomorrow's game courtesy of @ATT

!!!!!!

Although I don't think any of my haikus would be appropriate :lol:

The Leafs are golfing

The playoffs are upon us

Suck it Leafs, losers