• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Puck Daddy: Trotz Head Coach for Caps

Rate this topic

Trotz is definitely winning the war of public opinion.

He took out a full page newspaper ad to thank the fans for their support.

Class.

Webertweet2.png

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/barry-trotz-posts-full-page-ad-to-thank-the-team-and-fans-after-getting-fired-how-can-you-not-like-this-guy/

Edited by FireCaptain

Wow that presser seemed like he almost cried a few times, this guy won't be without a job for long. Also I would be willing to bet a lot of money on Poile being the next in line. I mean he hasn't given Trotz the horses to create a bit of offense so what did he expect ? If Carlyle gets fired I could see Nashville hiring him.

Wow that presser seemed like he almost cried a few times, this guy won't be without a job for long. Also I would be willing to bet a lot of money on Poile being the next in line. I mean he hasn't given Trotz the horses to create a bit of offense so what did he expect ? If Carlyle gets fired I could see Nashville hiring him.

I think you mean Toronto. :bye1:

Dreger: Haven't scoured twitter...maybe this is out there. Washington, Florida and Carolina have all contacted Barry Trotz.

He would be a good fit in washington. Teach that spoiled brat Ovie a thing or two about defence

Dreger: Haven't scoured twitter...maybe this is out there. Washington, Florida and Carolina have all contacted Barry Trotz.

He would be a good fit in washington. Teach that spoiled brat Ovie a thing or two about defence

Be worried OV be very worried Trotz won't accept selfish crap

I think if someone can teach the caps how to play defense its gotta be him

But man that roster needs some huge changes

The Capitals contacted Trotz, who is arguably the most coveted coach currently on the market, not long after they dismissed Adam Oates and George McPhee in late April, and there is mutual interest.

“They were one of the first teams to reach out and asked what my plans were. I told them I would like to coach and they said they would love to talk to me. But obviously, they’re in the search for their general manager right now,” Trotz said in a phone interview. “From my standpoint of wanting another opportunity, a lot of things excite me about the Capitals and the other teams that are out there. A new challenge, to me, is really exciting.”

Seems like Trotz is pretty interested in Washington.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/barry-trotz-interested-in-coaching-washington-capitals-203215955.html

Guest DeGraa55

Trotz announced as head coach at Washington.

Edited by DeGraa55

So a defensive minded coach on a team built on offense?

I've never really bought that he's a "defensive coach." When he was given some actual firepower to work with, the Preds "magically" became a high-scoring team. But, for the most part, it's been a bunch of bottom sixers, elite goaltending, and two or three all-star defensemen. All he did was play to the roster's strengths. That was the only way they were going to be competitive. So, really, it's pretty remarkable that they've even had the success they've had. I love Patric Hornqvist, but if he's your second most dangerous goal-scorer, and your #1 gun is a defenseman...there's a problem, and it's probably not the coaching.

I'm calling for a disaster. The team isn't built for Trotz' style of game and I don't think Leonsis will stomach huge roster turnover and/or significantly less scoring. This will be a real test for Barry. He's going to need to coach a (more) offensive game to get wins initially. We'll see how he fair.

Oh...and Ovechkin will eat him alive. Alex is an institution in D.C. and nobody, but nobody, will make him do something he doesn't want to do.

I expect the honeymoon to be short, a lot of internal problems (e.g. Hunter and Ovie) and eventually Trotz will be let go because Ovie sells merchandise and tickets. That's my prediction.