• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Just to back up what Harold said, the other Tennessee thread was closed because it was political. Politics don't belong on this particular forum.

But this IS a General Discussion forum and any hockey topic is welcome provided there isn't another forum already (like Trade Rumors, Prospects, etc.).

In fact, the wider we cast our net for discussions the more interesting we become.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#42 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

Just to back up what Harold said, the other Tennessee thread was closed because it was political. Politics don't belong on this particular forum.

But this IS a General Discussion forum and any hockey topic is welcome provided there isn't another forum already (like Trade Rumors, Prospects, etc.).

In fact, the wider we cast our net for discussions the more interesting we become.

i post about  the preds on here,so y'all can know what is going with the predators,like the prayers for pekka rinne thread that i started months ago,it was great to see people on here praying for him and wishing him a speedy recovery :D  :D  :D .

and i'm truly sorry about the other tennessee thread that was closed,when i started i did not know that it was political,but aleast y'all guys know that the jock tax in tennessee is no more,so NHL players won't have to pay when their team comes to play the predators in nashville

#43 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

This went from a legit thread to a non-legit thread by talking about a non-legit thread...

I love irony!

Uhh...you might want to duck!

#44 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

This went from a legit thread to a non-legit thread by talking about a non-legit thread...

I love irony!

well lets get thread back on topic

#45 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Trotz is a good coach, imho, and will have no problems finding a new job.

Personally, I have no problems with the Preds threads, as the posters who start them have generally been good contributing posters rather than trolls like certain individuals who are fans of other franchises. I appreciate the info and their perspective.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#46 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Trotz is a good coach, imho, and will have no problems finding a new job.

Personally, I have no problems with the Preds threads, as the posters who start them have generally been good contributing posters rather than trolls like certain individuals who are fans of other franchises. I appreciate the info and their perspective.

I agree and we do have a couple of Shark fans as well as a Ducks fan!  Great people!

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

When did you become a mod?   :g:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

It's gonna be hard for barry trotz to say goodbye to the nashville predators,if he gets a job somewhere else,the guy has a tattoo of the Nashville Predators Logo,he got it,because he said he was a Predator for Life

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 10 April 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#49 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

It's gonna be hard for barry trotz to say goodbye to the nashville predators,if he gets a job somewhere else,the guys has a tattoo of the Nashville Predators Logo,he got it,because he said he was a Predator for Life

I think you guys are going to feel something like when Scotty Bowman went to the Hawks...albeit in a minor role, but he still was in the front office and did photo ops in a Hawks jersey! That was difficult to take. 

#50 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

I can never find the article because I think it was an tv thing I watched, but Babcock's big thing was "[paraphrasing] A man should change things up about every 10 years. After 10 years, it doesn't matter what line of work he's in, he becomes ineffective."

He's coming up on 10 years soon.. He may be the one to make the choice despite the success.

If this is true, how long until a majority of people are calling for Babcock's firing? Yikes.

FYI: I created this thread, not Bayou.. It's HOCKEY related no matter the zip code it comes from. There are infinite threads talking about every other NHL team, why are you so offended by the Preds?

Honestly, this is the second time a Tennessee topic was created on this forum. The first one was closed. I understand that this is hockey related - however, even though the Nashville Predators forum was closed, this shouldn't be your second home for Nashville Predators discussion.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

I'm thinking Trotz in Toronto might make a lot of sense.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Agreed I think it would also be a nice change for him, the team has a lot of money and after the for sure happening house cleaning Nonis and Shanahan could mold the team fitting his style.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#53 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

I think with Trotz, his family situation will come into play.  With his son having special needs, it makes it that much more difficult to change schools, cities, etc.  He seems like a genuinely good guy and a good coach to boot.

#54 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

I think with Trotz, his family situation will come into play.  With his son having special needs, it makes it that much more difficult to change schools, cities, etc.  He seems like a genuinely good guy and a good coach to boot.

thats why i think that he is gonna retire and live in nashville,because that's been home to his family for 15 years,He lives the Predators way and i don't think he can leave to take a job somewhere else

#55 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

thats why i think that he is gonna retire and live in nashville,because that's been home to his family for 15 years,He lives the Predators way and i don't think he can leave to take a job somewhere else

That would be a shame the guy is a great coach and can get blood from a stone. I am expecting a lot of teams at least kicking the tires on this guy. Just read his conctract is up soon so the Press should do the classy thing here let it run out instead of firing him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#56 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

That would be a shame the guy is a great coach and can get blood from a stone. I am expecting a lot of teams at least kicking the tires on this guy. Just read his conctract is up soon so the Press should do the classy thing here let it run out instead of firing him.

it ends june 30th

#57 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

this might be off of the topic a little,but i think the nashville predators season was cursed

Look at all that has happened:

First they loss all-world goalie Pekka Rinne suffered to hip infection that kept him out of action for 51 games.

Then news came down that assistant coach Lane Lambert's wife had cancer. 

Then popular play-by-play man Peter Weber suffered a heart attack (he has recovered nicely and is back at work). 

Then general manager David Poile was hospitalized after he was hit in the face with an errant puck while watching practice in late January.

#58 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

Or Vancouver, although I doubt management would ever make a smart decision like that; or that Trotz would want to join that freak show. Plus unbalanced Torts is still there. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#59 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

this might be off of the topic a little,but i think the nashville predators season was cursed

Look at all that has happened:

First they loss all-world goalie Pekka Rinne suffered to hip infection that kept him out of action for 51 games.

Then news came down that assistant coach Lane Lambert's wife had cancer. 

Then popular play-by-play man Peter Weber suffered a heart attack (he has recovered nicely and is back at work). 

Then general manager David Poile was hospitalized after he was hit in the face with an errant puck while watching practice in late January.

Then you look at the wings injury list and realize the preds only really lost a goalie.. :P

Although to be fair, pekka is the best in the league imo.

Really tho, that does all suck & I hope all of the people listed above make full recoveries if they haven't already

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#60 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Could he stay on with the organization, just in a different capacity? I'd like to see that happen.

Personally, I think the whole thing is kinda bulls***. I mean, I get it. I understand why it has to happen. But, to me, Barry Trotz isn't the reason why the Predators missed the playoffs. No Rinne + No top-end forwards = No playoffs. Now, Rinne's situation is, of course, no one's fault. But the top six? That's on the general manager. And if it's built the way it is because there's no money, then it's on the ownership.

Don't Toews me, bro!