• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Pens or Bruins

Rate this topic

Penguins lack depth but also have less balls than the bruins the bruins have alot more going for them at every level I honestly don't think the wings have them beat at any level on paper! I do think they have some advantages against the penguins

Edited by cnot19

just happy to be in it really. We seem to have the Bruins # so they may be a little worried about getting us.

for once in a long time we can just go out and play as the pressure will be on either the Bruins or the Pens

as we are the underdogs. Im just excited for next season. The kids have a whole year under their belts and

with the addition of 2 or 3 of the right pieces we can be back in the top 5 again and a real force.

Well done Babs and the boys, you've got in and all of us on these boards are proud of you as we had

feared the run was over and to do it in the circumstances is a big bonus. Babs for the JA?

Initially I said the Pens, after all who wouldn't rather take their chances in a 7-game series with Fleury vs. Rask. However, considering the Pens probably having everyone back (sans Dupuis), I may want to take chances with Boston. We have a solid record against them this year and I believe our speed would give them trouble.

We are a combined 6-5-2 vs Boston, Montreal and Tampa. We are 2-5-2 Vs Pittsburgh NY Rangers and Philly.

Although I like our chances vs Pittsburgh, the long run Boston maybe be better.

But then our team is completely different then our opening day roster..... so this is all meaning less numbers.... Maybe if I put it in a pie chart? :P

Well right now we got Boston. All we need to do is to give Dats more of a break, give the likes of Helm, Legwand (Thank Goodness we picked him up!) Alfie, Kronner, Franzee (maybe he can find his lighter) the final two games off. We need to coast these last two games, remain in 8th and take Boston to 7 games. Pit would be an NHL and officiating circus and I would like to avoid that as long as possible. Hell, maybe the #7 seed (hopefully Philly falls there, that would be a great series!) can beat the crap out of them and Skidney (I love that nick name!) can cry all summer long!

Here are my 1st round hopes!

Boston v. Detroit

Pitt v. Philly

Montreal v. Tampa (all ready set)

Rags v. Columbus

As fantastic as it would be to beat the Pens in the first round, beating the Bruins (especially if they win the PT) would be almost as good. On the other hand losing to the Pens would be much worse for me. I think our chances in either series are about the same. Add the O6 factor, it makes Boston an easy choice for me.

Edited by Buppy

as much as I'd love to knock the pens out first round.... I'd really like to see pitt vs. philly again.

I dislike both teams but watching them meet in the post season is some of the most exciting playoff hockey imo

Oh it'll be exciting... If by exciting you mean hurling your guts out during intermission from all the stress.

We are a combined 6-5-2 vs Boston, Montreal and Tampa. We are 2-5-2 Vs Pittsburgh NY Rangers and Philly.

But then our team is completely different then our opening day roster..... so this is all meaning less numbers.... Maybe if I put it in a pie chart? :P

Did you say pie? Yummy

I believe the Penguins would be the better option for us. Check out my thoughts here

http://thehockeywriters.com/why-the-red-wings-need-to-push-for-the-7th-seed/

You have like 5 posts, and in every one all you're doing is promoting a different site. You can post your thoughts here, if all you're here to do is promote a different site then you shouldn't be here. Posting stuff like that occasionally is ok, but that's only if you actively contribute to discussions regularly

We've played both teams well this season. But there's no doubt that Boston is a deeper team than Pitt (especially on the defensive end). And they have better goaltending. So if I had to choose I'd go with the Penguins. But I truly believe we could beat either team if we're healthy and playing the way we've played lately.

Boston...we went 3-1 against them and in fine fashion. I couldn't handle anymore of the NHL coddling the pens.

Well right now we got Boston. All we need to do is to give Dats more of a break, give the likes of Helm, Legwand (Thank Goodness we picked him up!) Alfie, Kronner, Franzee (maybe he can find his lighter) the final two games off. We need to coast these last two games, remain in 8th and take Boston to 7 games. Pit would be an NHL and officiating circus and I would like to avoid that as long as possible. Hell, maybe the #7 seed (hopefully Philly falls there, that would be a great series!) can beat the crap out of them and Skidney (I love that nick name!) can cry all summer long!

Here are my 1st round hopes!

Boston v. Detroit

Pitt v. Philly

Montreal v. Tampa (all ready set)

Rags v. Columbus

Okay people keep forgetting that Boston doesn't play the same in the post season as they do in the regular season. In the regular season they play a more open fast pace hockey, as soon as the post season starts they become team obstruction. The Wings don't match up well against a big team that will force them to go through their team to get into the offensive zone. That and unlike Flower, Rask is completely capable of carrying the Bruins any night they decide not to show up.

In the end I don't think it does matter who we get. It's more important how we play them. Sure, Pens look a bit weaker on paper with a weaker D and doubtful goaltending. But on the other hand we played good against Boston this year, so I don't see why we should'nt win a series against them. Last year they were on the edge of being elminated by a Maple Leafs team that is not as good as our team this year. The Wings on the other hand defeated the No.2 last year and brought the eventual StanleyCup-Champion to a nailbiting Game 7. And this year our team is even better. So I don't fear the "Big Bad Bruins", let them come.

I'd prefer to avoid Boston in the 1st round. They played us with respect this year, but make no mistake, once the playoffs begin they are no different then Anaheim in 07 and 09. It'd be a war, and Rask might be the best goalie in the league. The next 2 games are winnable, so are Columbus'. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd prefer to avoid Boston in the 1st round. They played us with respect this year, but make no mistake, once the playoffs begin they are no different then Anaheim in 07 and 09. It'd be a war, and Rask might be the best goalie in the league. The next 2 games are winnable, so are Columbus'. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm not even going to stress the final two games. Both Pens and Boston are going to be tough, plus I would prefer Babs rest some of our players. It's been a tough season and some of our guys could use some rest, Kronwall in particular.

I would love to play the Pens and sweep them in the first round. But statistically we fare better against Boston. 3-1 in in the regular season vs 1-2 vs Pens and the win came in OT Thrilla in Manilla.

Play Boston in the first, beat them, Zetterberg gets healthy and comes back after the 1st, rematch the Pens in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Either way to get out of the East we have to play both of them, so it's a moot point.

The way I see it is we would end up playing Boston eventually most likely so let's get it out of the way. They got upset in the playoffs two years ago all you gotta do is take them off their game and the wings can do that.

If we were to beat Boston we would play the winner of Tampa bay and Montreal which the wings would fare well against. However to be honest, there is no easy matchup per say like a few years ago when we got Columbus or Nashville in the playoffs and beat them pretty good. The saying get into the playoffs and anything can happen is more true then ever this year.