• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Play em or rest em?

Rate this topic

We have 2 games left and are already in the PO's. so rest Datsyuk? Kronwall? Alfie? etc.... To me the last 2 games mean nothing. Really don't change anything standings wise, so I rest them. Dat has a bad knee, Kronwal has been getting hammered the last couple of weeks, and we have plenty of bodies. Take everyone fighting any type of injury and give them some time to rest, relax, and recover. Thoughts?

I'm with you on Kronwall. Alfie hasn't been particularly over-worked this year so I'd keep him in if he's healthy.

Datsyuk is a little different as I'm seeing it. We need him to be at max capacity come Boston (or PIT) and I'm thinking resting him is the opposite of what he needs.

He's been okay and contributed, but really hasn't looked like his usual self at all since his return. This is to be expected, so I'm not trying to sound alarms. A couple more games to get his rhythm back before the PO's is the best thing for him as I see it.

This assumes that it is in fact true that he can't exacerbate his knee troubles by playing, as is being claimed.

Alfie's the only guy I'd rest. Ideally I'd rest Kronwall too, but then you increase the risk of having Howard get shelled. Which would be bad for his confidence, and bad for the team.

In fact you could argue that they should all play. Being hot is more important than being rested. Get through that 1st round and rejoice when Z and Ericsson return.

We have 2 games left and are already in the PO's. so rest Datsyuk? Kronwall? Alfie? etc.... To me the last 2 games mean nothing. Really don't change anything standings wise, so I rest them. Dat has a bad knee, Kronwal has been getting hammered the last couple of weeks, and we have plenty of bodies. Take everyone fighting any type of injury and give them some time to rest, relax, and recover. Thoughts?

It does and it doesn't. Pick your poison really. It's going to be either Pittsburgh or Boston. So it does affect the standing obviously a little but if you're going to win you have to play the best anyway. I wouldn't rest them tomorrow. I would probably rest them for St. Louis though. The Blues like to beat people up and why take the chance of risking an injury.

Guest Playmaker

They'll have 4-5 days off before the playoffs start. Jimmy carried a huge workload into the playoffs last year and it didn't see to hurt him any. Nobody has really logged a ridiculous amount of ice time. Just leave well enough alone.

Rest Alfie maybe. We still have something to play for (Pit/Bos) and we need to hit the ground running in the playoffs to have a chance. Gotta let Pav find his game and tinker with the lines and such.

we get 2-3 days off. last game sunday and either Tuesday or Wednesday we start. datsyuk is playing hurt and kronwall is beat up as well. give as many as possible time off and get a little healthier.

Rest Alfie and Kronwall, absolutely. That only stands to help those guys, albeit minimally. But rest Datsyuk only if he's hurting more than he expected to, otherwise he needs all the games he can get to elevate his conditioning and feel on the ice in game situations.

Play em, were still battling between Pitt and Boston. Pitt is the better match up and less physical. Datsyuk still needs to get in to his groove and you want to go in to the playoffs firing on all cylinders not laying down and resting your stars. They are pros, 3 days rest before playoffs is fine, it's not like 4-5 days is night and day. If we lose against Carolina it may be a different story but we fight to play Pitt the easier seed and a chance to play against NYR and Philly who have both struggled a lot this season

Alfie's the only guy I'd rest. Ideally I'd rest Kronwall too, but then you increase the risk of having Howard get shelled. Which would be bad for his confidence, and bad for the team.

In fact you could argue that they should all play. Being hot is more important than being rested. Get through that 1st round and rejoice when Z and Ericsson return.

Is Howard for sure starting both games? If Gus starts a game, I'd rest Kronwall at least that game then. But I definitely see your point on this one.

Datsyuk should keep going. He really only had one good game so far which was last night. He needs to get his conditioning back for the playoffs.

Kronner should sit probably and just take care of some bumps and bruises.

Alfie should sit one of the 2 remaining games - I'd say go all in for the Carolina game then rest some guys against St. Louis.

I agree with the Dats opinions in here...he doesn't LOOK like his play is off due to nagging pain, he looks like he just hasn't gotten back into shape completely. I hope that is the case.

Kronner, Alfie, Howard....rest them.

Now how about Helm? He's playing great, but has some serious bad history with injuries, as everyone here knows. Why risk it for two meaningless games?

I don't see us calling anyone up from gr at this point, unless it's someone that wouldn't be paying anyways. So if we don't that leaves us the ability to rest what, 2 forwards? Alfie and Helm or Franzen would be my choices. I agree that Kronner deserves some rest, but I don't see him getting it aside from playing 19-20 minutes a night instead of 25.

Guest DeGraa55

I'd play dat if he says knee is good enough cause he needs the conditioning. IMO. The rest of the vets id rest at least one game. And Howard both I think or maybe just one.

I think Kronner and Alfie should sit for the last two games, but as others have mentioned, maybe a game against the Canes will help the lines gel a little better going into the playoffs. I suppose that playing Dats is his call. I think he needs the next couple of games to get more of his timing back. Leggy could be a scratch for the game against the Blues.