• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#221 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Theres no defending Franzens play. I dont care if hes only a 4 mill cap hit. Hes produced nothing in over a month. Guy brings nothing to the team if hes not scoring Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#222 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

This team is only truly engaged if it's a David-Goliath situation and we're David. We blow as Goliath. Which is why I kinda want the Bruins anyway. I'm not sure we'd really show up against the Pens, but I'm pretty sure we'd show up against the Bruins.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#223 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Just not the Wings night. Defensive miscues, awful lines and a lack of intensity really until the third period. Definitely a letdown game after clinching.

Pav really needs new linemates for the playoffs. Babs has to get that sorted out because Franzen is atrocious and Abby's lack of skill was on full display blowing multiple scoring chances. Alfie wasn't much of an upgrade in the third either.

Looks like it will be the Bruins. Columbus plays Florida tomorrow, so I would probably just rest guys on Sunday if that game ends up meaning nothing in the standings.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#224 ash11

ash11

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Why is everyone picking boston right now,
Florida beat the blues 4-1 yesterday i bealive haha. Weve lost to florida and we have beat boston, chi, and pens,
Sooo we can beat the blues and cbj can lose
To florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#225 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Tonight showed why its bad to have Abs on the top lines. Easy two tap ins for anyone with an ounce of offensive talent and he cant convert. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#226 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Won't matter..they will beat the snot out of Florida

You never know.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#227 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Any loss is disappointing, but these games happen.  They had a ton of chances, just couldn't capitalize.  I find myself not wanting to wish for one team over another because it never ends well when the Wings get the team I think is the "easier" team. 

#228 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Just wanted to say that Abdelkader is not a good 1st line forward.

Posted Image

#229 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

"fan appreciation night"

feel bad for the fans that paid for that garbage.

#230 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Any loss is disappointing, but these games happen.  They had a ton of chances, just couldn't capitalize.  I find myself not wanting to wish for one team over another because it never ends well when the Wings get the team I think is the "easier" team. 

Agreed. The Bruins are a machine obviously, but I'm not sure the Pens are that much "worse" and they are mostly healthy now.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#231 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Wings in 6 against the Bruins

What color is the sky in your world?

#232 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

I think the inability to capitalize isn't like "puck luck" where they get a free pass. Usually, failing on 700 chances means your head is up your ass, and I think that was mostly the case tonight. But, given our youth, it's remarkable that this hasn't been a big issue this season. We've had nights like this one, but every team does. You'd like for this to not be your second-to-last regular season game with something important on the line, but whatever. Maybe they'll learn from it.

I do think wanting the Pens as much as people do is asking for trouble. And when I think about Crosby, Malkin, Neal...and Kindl, Lashoff, Howard...and our legendary ability to make so-so goalies look unbeatable...that could very easily be a clean sweep for the bad guys, same as Boston.

The way things have gone this season, where the worst that could happen, happens, and we think it's the end of the world...and now we look back on it and realize that it probably had to unfold that way...maybe it's the same thing here. We had to lose tonight, because we have to face the Bruins, because that's The Plan, or something.

Edited by Dabura, 11 April 2014 - 09:26 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#233 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Also, if you think about it, this team doesn't necessarily know what to do with a "meaningless" game. Like Babs said, we've been fighting for our playoff lives for almost the whole season. We were definitely due for a big letdown. This was the ultimate trap game.

I'm just rationalizing now.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#234 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

What color is the sky in your world?

Red
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#235 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

The Red Wings were pretty dominant all game. Lot's of small errors, but they also had the most chances. Our players need to start burying these pucks.

#236 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

Seriously all will be forgiven with Franzen if he goes on a tear in the playoffs. He's about due

Nobody will ever understand this guy it baffles me

#237 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

Also, if you think about it, this team doesn't necessarily know what to do with a "meaningless" game. Like Babs said, we've been fighting for our playoff lives for almost the whole season. We were definitely due for a big letdown. This was the ultimate trap game.

I'm just rationalizing now.

It would be a trap game if they were bad, they wernt.  Had tons of chances, should have won.  Not like they crapped the bed and got dominated all game.  Wasn't a letdown at all IMO.  Its like people forget we actually play against other NHL teams and can lose?  Ward was great.

Posted Image

#238 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

Deserved to win against the pens too. Shouldn't have even went to OT. Penalty kill is killing us

#239 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:15 AM

People act like this is how it's going to be in the playoffs and we're going to get run over. Are you honestly surprised that there was a slight letdown after a full month's sprint to the playoffs? They're going to be fine, just think about the last few weeks, not last night

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#240 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, although judging by the score thank god I didn't. The only thing I'm curious about, is how did Pav look? 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen