• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

I don't like franzem with datsyuk at all I'm glad babs changed that but I don't like Abby with pav either. IMO you play the best player on the team with pav to get him going. Nyquist had speed, more skill and wayyyyyyy more effort then franzen. Let's get the lines right babs!

Nyquist-pav-alfie
Jurco-sheahan-tatar
Abby-legwand-franzen
Glendening-helm-miller

IMO this is the best way to spread the talent in the playoffs. I think alfie is going to be really good for us in the playoffs and I have no freakin idea why franzem is on the point on the first pop unit instead of Alfie that's gotta change!

Fact is franzen is slow, and lazy so a 3rd line role will be fine for him and it let's babs play the kids more minutes along with pav and Alfie and we can see that teams can't contain the kids they just have so much energy.

#242 bvr

bvr

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:52 AM

Abdelkader is NOT a top six forward, it's high time to recognize it!

#243 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

I don't like franzem with datsyuk at all I'm glad babs changed that but I don't like Abby with pav either. IMO you play the best player on the team with pav to get him going. Nyquist had speed, more skill and wayyyyyyy more effort then franzen. Let's get the lines right babs!

Nyquist-pav-alfie
Jurco-sheahan-tatar
Abby-legwand-franzen
Glendening-helm-miller

IMO this is the best way to spread the talent in the playoffs. I think alfie is going to be really good for us in the playoffs and I have no freakin idea why franzem is on the point on the first pop unit instead of Alfie that's gotta change!

Fact is franzen is slow, and lazy so a 3rd line role will be fine for him and it let's babs play the kids more minutes along with pav and Alfie and we can see that teams can't contain the kids they just have so much energy.

I like those line combos. I think jurco/sheahan/tatar were playing really well together. Plus, the way Goose has been shooting having Pavs set him up would be beautiful!!! Franzen is way too streaky for my liking. If he would bring more to the table like block shots, make some big hits, or just play good defense I would say put him in the top 6. 

Edited by loutswings, 12 April 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#244 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

Another "home domination" team stops ends their domination; the end of a 17-game Home winning streak v. Carolina/Hartford (2OT, 1SH), 12/10/1990 - 21/11/2013.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#245 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, although judging by the score thank god I didn't. The only thing I'm curious about, is how did Pav look? 

Really good and dragging around two bums for wingers.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#246 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Really good and dragging around two bums for wingers.

I hate-hate-hate Abby on the top line. I think if it was Nyquist on Pavs wing, it would help Mule get moving. Oh, and did I mention that I hate Abby on the 1st line?

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen