• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

Not sure if people know but Tyler Bertuzzi is back from his serious injury earlier this season and is now leading his team in the playoffs.

3 goals and 1 assist in 3 playoff games so far. I know quite a few (looking at you Richdg) who completely counted this kid out and wrote him off for nothing.

Glad to see he's back and seeing success.

Not sure if people know but Tyler Bertuzzi is back from his serious injury earlier this season and is now leading his team in the playoffs.

3 goals and 1 assist in 3 playoff games so far. I know quite a few (looking at you Richdg) who completely counted this kid out and wrote him off for nothing.

Glad to see he's back and seeing success.

Glad to see he's back again and dominating AGAIN. Just like with Helm Z and Franzen this year ppl like rich speculated his hockey career was over. What a buncha malarky

We all agree that the Bertuzzi, Cleary and Samuelsson all should go. I think up front we are good even with re-signing Legwand and possibly Alfredsson. The only guys on the bubble will be Callahan and Ferraro. Moving Weiss and Andersson to wing will help as well. Jurco and Glendening (for now) have exemptions left to be able to start the season in GR so we can become compliant. If Gustavsson can play like yesterday and frickin stay healthy all next season, I am fine with giving him another year to allow Mrazek more time in GR, if not the I would pursue Vokoun again.

Our pressing need is D. Not only a top pairing guy, but also better #4 and #6 guys. Quincey cannot be a Red Wing next season, not even if he took a pay cut. Kindl has topped and bottomed out already and needs to be gone. If we cannot get a draft pick for him, then he needs to be the buyout.

I agree that the top pairing guy needs to come via trade, but at what cost? Sure there is always our 1st round pick to ante up, but it will also cost players. I am fine with getting 2 stay at home vets to fill in the void and let Smith play with Kronwall in the top pairing. I know you are tired of hearing Mitchell and Morris, but those two would fit the bill wonderfully. Our D would be 100 times better with those two over Kindl and Quincey.

My only worry is what happens with Jurco and Glendening because you are eventually going to want those two in your lineup. Sure they will be able to go to GR without losing them, but when do you call them up? Maybe we don't get as injured next season...Almqvist, Ferraro and Callahan to me are tradable, but for what? Maybe for some draft depth, I sure would hate to lose them for nothing. Alfredsson I am on the fence over. I would rather re-sign Legwand if I had to choose, but I cannot ignore the points Alfredsson has given us when healthy. So my team next season, in no particular order would look similar to this:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Weiss - Legwand - Franzen

Abdelkader - Sheahan - Tatar

Miller - Helm - Andersson

Ferraro - Callahan

Kronwall - Smith

Ericsson - Morris

Dekeyser - Mitchell

Lashoff

Howard

Gustavsson (if not then Vokoun)

I swear if Bertuzzi or Cleary come back I'm gonna lose my mind. I'll be ok with Q and Leggy back on decent contracts. Kindl should get a compliance buyout. Tootoo regular buyout unless management are fine with the cap hit for one more year.

I nominate Bert to be the team greeter next year, like they have at Wal-Mart.

Edited by wings87

Can't use a compliance buyout on Kindl. His extension was signed post lockout. His buyout would cost 788k for the first two years, 288k the third, and 888k for three years after that.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I swear if Bertuzzi or Cleary come back I'm gonna lose my mind. I'll be ok with Q and Leggy back on decent contracts. Kindl should get a compliance buyout. Tootoo regular buyout unless management are fine with the cap hit for one more year.

Don't think we can find someone for kindl? The term 3 yrs might be a problem but his cap isn't that high

I think you could trade him. I just don't think the return would be great, but who cares right?

Indeed. The only way you're going to get great return for him is if he is packaged for a greater return. In which case, people will complain about overpaying... but whatever. You trade him to a place that has difficulty signing players. Like EDM or NYI ...or to a rebuilding team that needs a reasonable cap-hit. Like CGY or BUF.

...and there's no way we're moving Weiss in the off-season. His value is at an all-time low and his potential if he makes a rebound when healthy is way too high.

Edited by e_prime

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Abdelkader go?

Z-D-Gus

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Franzen-Weiss/Legwand-Alfie

Miller-Glendening-Helm

That's what I'd like to see.

After seeing what Abby brought to the table last years playoffs, we're gonna need him. He also brought a lot of energy in his return last game as well. A lot of tough decisions to be made up front regardless. Good problem to have.

Need a number 1 D guy. Need a number 4 D guy. Need a power foward/sniper for first line with dats/z. Last but not least need a blessing from the hockey God's for our players to stay healthy.

P.s. wouldn't hurt to upgrade our average goalie who let's in weak goals. But with an upgraded defense it should do.

I think you could trade him. I just don't think the return would be great, but who cares right?

Who might take a chance on him? Any ideas? I Always think of Edm cause they got so many problems so who knows

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Abdelkader go?

Z-D-Gus

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Franzen-Weiss/Legwand-Alfie

Miller-Glendening-Helm

That's what I'd like to see.

No way helm and abdelkader are playoff warriors and we need those type of guys to score the odd goals when the top 6 can't score

That's why I'm not sold on glendening and his non existent hockey skills .... Even McCarty came up with some big goals ... Joey kocur .... The grind line , bottom 6 is gonna have to show up to get us to the finals and I don't see how lending will all of a sudden pop a few goals in the playoffs at this point

Who might take a chance on him? Any ideas? I Always think of Edm cause they got so many problems so who knows

No way helm and abdelkader are playoff warriors and we need those type of guys to score the odd goals when the top 6 can't score

That's why I'm not sold on glendening and his non existent hockey skills .... Even McCarty came up with some big goals ... Joey kocur .... The grind line , bottom 6 is gonna have to show up to get us to the finals and I don't see how lending will all of a sudden pop a few goals in the playoffs at this point

Glendening is shutting down and pissing off the likes of Crosby and Stamkos in his rookie season - and he wasn't even suppposed to be on the roster. That's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Goals will come. He's certainly had his chances.

I actually think Kindl would be good on a run and gun team like Washington or Florida. Teams like that usually don't get forechecked too hard and that's Kindl's biggest weakness. On a team like that I think he'd be good because he's a good skater and his shot is fine.

Glendening is shutting down and pissing off the likes of Crosby and Stamkos in his rookie season - and he wasn't even suppposed to be on the roster. That's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Goals will come. He's certainly had his chances.

Did you guys hear Ken Daniels quoting Babcock on Glenny:

"Other than Nick Lidstrom, Steve Yzerman, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Crosby, Toews, and Bergeron, Luke Gendening is the most competitive player I've ever coached."

"Other than Nick Lidstrom, Steve Yzerman, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Crosby, Toews, and Bergeron, Luke Gendening is the most competitive player I've ever coached."

That's awesome.

The kid is a revelation. What he's doing is, to me, as impressive as what Nyquist is doing on the other end of the rink. The sort-of irony is that having a(n admittedly offensively-challenged) shutdown stud anchoring your fourth line should, in theory, open things up a bit for your other three lines, which can make all the difference in the world in a tight-checking best-of-seven. If, say, Zetterberg doesn't have to shadow the opposition's biggest gun on every shift, he can focus more on scoring, maybe get more o-zone starts, maybe get some favorable line matchups at home. IMHO, that's largely where postseason series are won. The matchups chess match.

It also bodes very well for Glendening developing and becoming even better than he is right now.

You can really tell in interviews that the cock just loves Glendening.

Edited by Ekmanc

I heard it that night, but I thought the quote was "...most dependable player." Either way, HUGE compliment.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk