Helm-Glendening-Abdelkader

Miller/Callahan

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Quincey-Marchenko

Ouelette-Sproul

Kindl

Howard

Mrazek

Ideally, I'd like to see the Wings add 2 big guys with speed and toughness to fill the 1st and 2nd line holes. But maybe they can slide a couple bigger dmen up since there seems to be a log jam on the blue line.

I actually like your thinking here.

Lazy who scores 50 goals..which scoring is this teams biggest need

well no s*** i would want him but if we are going to trade for players that are the best in the league how about backes, weber, stamkos, giroux.

ovi at 10 million, -35 +/-. i can think of ten guys id rather have.

I'm not making excuses for Ovechkin, I think he is pretty lazy defensively, but look at the big picture. We need goals, he scores a lot of them. Our PP is pretty much awful, Ovechkin is a PP monster, also accounting for his plus minus as a lot of his goals come on the PP and don't count as a +1 or else that area of his stats would look much better. Ovechkin hits, a lot, we need a strong physical presence that will throw the body around and threaten the opposition. He's a scoring winger, a need most of us have claimed we are in desperate need of for a few seasons now.

Ovechkin would land in my top 3 of guys i'd want to come play here, I think he would thrive and his production and overall value vastly outweighs his lack of defensive play.

I'm not making excuses for Ovechkin, I think he is pretty lazy defensively, but look at the big picture. We need goals, he scores a lot of them. Our PP is pretty much awful, Ovechkin is a PP monster, also accounting for his plus minus as a lot of his goals come on the PP and don't count as a +1 or else that area of his stats would look much better. Ovechkin hits, a lot, we need a strong physical presence that will throw the body around and threaten the opposition. He's a scoring winger, a need most of us have claimed we are in desperate need of for a few seasons now.

Ovechkin would land in my top 3 of guys i'd want to come play here, I think he would thrive and his production and overall value vastly outweighs his lack of defensive play.

Dude whatever. Ovie sucks. No way could some bum, who doesn't play defense, is notoriously selfish, and and only stands around looking for the one-timer, help us. Even if he's good on the PP.

Wait...what's that?...You've got a picture for me...oh. FML.

brett-hull-with-the-2002-stanley-cup-10-

Edited by kipwinger

Hull was pre-cap. And he was a complimentary player. Back then you could pay a 4th line winger 5M and only have to answer to Mr. Illitch. Remember the year that Detroit was paying something like 12M on goalies alone (with Cujo + Hasek + Legace)?

Today, if you're going to tie 1/8 of your team's salary to just one player, he better have at least some sort of pulse when he's on the "other" side of center ice. I don't care how many goals he can score.

Pre-cap? Give me Ovechkin any day of the week. Hell, I'll take two.

Guest Furled Brow

I actually like your thinking here.

I'm not saying that I don't want to see the Wings add Lucic, Simmonds, and Carter in the off-season. I'm just working with what we have. The UFA pool doesn't seemed to be stocked too well with big tough wingers who can score, so the next best thing is big tough wingers. We've got a few guys with speed and size on D who have played wing in the past, as well as a logjam of young defensemen who are NHL ready. If we can lure Stamkos over from Tampa Bay for prospects and picks, I'm 100% for it. But I'm a realist. The 2 holes we have are going to cost more than we have to fill properly. So what's the next best alternative?

well no s*** i would want him but if we are going to trade for players that are the best in the league how about backes, weber, stamkos, giroux.

ovi at 10 million, -35 +/-. i can think of ten guys id rather have.

Datsyuk...Zetterberg ...and Ovechkin...you have to give up something to get something and besides, Ovechkin may become available where everyone on your list with the exception of maybe Weber won't be available

Moving one of our best defensemen and another who may be one of our best, neither of whom is particularly tough, to forward, replacing one of our best scorers and a potentially good UFA, then filling the defensive holes with Q and 3 rookies is not, I think, what any sane person would consider the next best alternative. Not even in the top 50 best alternatives. In fact, I can't think of a whole lot of worse alternatives that don't involve acts of terrorism.

Moving one of our best defensemen and another who may be one of our best, neither of whom is particularly tough, to forward, replacing one of our best scorers and a potentially good UFA, then filling the defensive holes with Q and 3 rookies is not, I think, what any sane person would consider the next best alternative. Not even in the top 50 best alternatives. In fact, I can't think of a whole lot of worse alternatives that don't involve acts of terrorism.

I'm fairly sure that this guy is the same troll who frequents Mlive. There's a guy over there who constantly rants about getting Ovechkin and moving Ericsson and Smith to forward. It's super clever.

Guest Furled Brow

Moving one of our best defensemen and another who may be best, neither of whom is particularly tough, to forward, replacing one of our best scorers and a potentially good UFA,

then filling the defensive holes with Q and 3 rookies is not, I think, what any sane person would consider the next best alternative. Not even in the top 50 best alternatives. In fact, I can't think of a whole lot of worse alternatives that don't involve acts of terrorism.

I forgot Franzen, and that's a big issue. Smith and Ericsson have played forward before, so that isn't as big a stretch. For me, resigning aging veterans (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Samuelsson, etc.) When they are on the decline falls into the "outside of the 50 best aLternatives" box. But that happened. So Im all ears for better ideas. Who do you think we could get?

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-???

Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Shehan-Jurco

Miller-Calahan

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Smith

Ouelette-Marchenko

Sproul

Id like To keep Quincey and Kindl as trade bait for that top line forward.

I forgot Franzen, and that's a big issue. Smith and Ericsson have played forward before, so that isn't as big a stretch. For me, resigning aging veterans (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Samuelsson, etc.) When they are on the decline falls into the "outside of the 50 best aLternatives" box. But that happened. So Im all ears for better ideas. Who do you think we could get?

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-???

Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Shehan-Jurco

Miller-Calahan

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Smith

Ouelette-Marchenko

Sproul

Id like To keep Quincey and Kindl as trade bait for that top line forward.

There's several actual wingers that could possibly make it to free agency this year.

Gaborik

jokinen

Setoguchi

Vanek

Moulson

Cammalleri

Vrbata

Hemsky

Callahan

Even stastny could be signed if he makes it to free agency (although he is a center). No need to move defensemen up, even if they have played wing before

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest Furled Brow

I'm fairly sure that this guy is the same troll who frequents Mlive. There's a guy over there who constantly rants about getting Ovechkin and moving Ericsson and Smith to forward. It's super clever.

Im letting your insults go for now. Next one i report to site host/moderator. Its not acceptable per forum guidelines, which I have read.

Thank you for your understanding, kipwinger.

all joking apart, Ovie could actually be in play. God knows what it'd take to get Ovie thou, although I'm not sure it'd be a good idea.

my choice would be to try and get Vanek as the top 6 guy.

then i'd beef up the fourth line with either Marcus Foligno

or Zack Kassian (both ideally) then add a cheeky contract

offer to Justin Shultz for the D. Pick up Matt Greene as the

vet exp on the D.

Vanek Datsyuk Nyqvist

Zetterberg Weiss Franzen

Abdelkader Helm Tatar

Kassian Sheanhan Foligno

Miller Glendening Jurco

Kronwall Schultz

DeKeyser Smith

Ericsson Marchenko

Greene

Howard Gustavsson.

All ufa's let go bar Monster.

Trade or waive Lashoff, Kindl Andersson in any deals that we can.

Jurco and Glendening could go back to GR if need be.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Guest Furled Brow

There's several actual wingers that could possibly make it to free agency this year.

Gaborik

jokinen

Setoguchi

Vanek

Moulson

Cammalleri

Vrbata

Hemsky

Callahan

Even stastny could be signed if he makes it to free agency (although he is a center). No need to move defensemen up, even if they have played wing before

I like this list for skilled winger side. But we have those covered. We need the Shanahan type of winger side. And Abdelkader and his 26 pts a season is NOT the answer.

I like this list for skilled winger side. But we have those covered. We need the Shanahan type of winger side. And Abdelkader and his 26 pts a season is NOT the answer.

Skilled wingers still fill the holes better than defensemen do

And Callahan would fill the need for a physical winger

Plus I think we need a scorer more than we need a big winger

Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest Furled Brow

Skilled wingers still fill the holes better than defensemen do

And Callahan would fill the need for a physical winger

Plus I think we need a scorer more than we need a big winger

Vanek should be our target then, right?

Guest Furled Brow

My tops would be Gaborik, Callahan, moulson and stastny. Unfortunately, I think Gaborik and Stastny won't hit the market and Callahan and Moulson will cost a fortune

So would it be better to resign Quincey and package him with Kindl and a pick(s) for a top notch 2015 UFA come february/march?

Buddy, you're going to have to have some thicker skin to succeed on this forum. Just a friendly suggestion.

I've been reading this forum for so long I forgot troll was an insult.

Back pn topic, if we get a great puck moving dman or scoring increases and we don't need a scoring winner as much. Top 4 puck mover is our biggest need.

Edited by nawein

I've been reading this forum for so long I forgot troll was an insult.

Back pn topic, if we get a great puck moving dman or scoring increases and we don't need a scoring winner as much. Top 4 puck mover is our biggest need.

There aren't too many puck movers available. Also, Babcock and Holland both said there will be a youth movement on D this year, so I think there may not be any major signings Edited by wingsfan4795

Guest Furled Brow

There aren't too many puck movers available. Also, Babcock and Holland both said there will be a youth movement on D this year, so I think there may not be any major signings

Does this mean Quincey, Kindl, and Lashoff are out?

Does this mean Quincey, Kindl, and Lashoff are out?

I'm not Holland. If it were my choice I would dump them all except maybe Quincey (if he would be willing to take a pay cut, which probably won't happen).

As far as puck movers go, I would take Niskanen if he could be had at a reasonable price (he can't) or Boyle if he would take a 1-2 year deal

I would have no problem with holland replacing Quincey, kindl and lashoff with sproul, ouellette and Marchenko

Edited by wingsfan4795