• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

There aren't too many puck movers available. Also, Babcock and Holland both said there will be a youth movement on D this year, so I think there may not be any major signings

Just saying with the amount of times Holland and Babs talked about the need for a RH shot on defense I doubt we don't sign no one. We have some good prospects in the waiting but I still think they will hold them back one more year.

Just saying with the amount of times Holland and Babs talked about the need for a RH shot on defense I doubt we don't sign no one. We have some good prospects in the waiting but I still think they will hold them back one more year.

Maybe, but I thought sproul looked like an improvement over kindl and lashoff when he played, and he is right handed.

I would be happy if they sign a good RH defenseman, but I wouldn't be too upset if they hold on to what they have

Maybe, but I thought sproul looked like an improvement over kindl and lashoff when he played, and he is right handed.

I would be happy if they sign a good RH defenseman, but I wouldn't be too upset if they hold on to what they have

I don't disagree that Sproul looked very good for his age. But they are looking for someone on the PP and a top 2 dman. If Holland doesn't land anyone I can see Sproul getting some looks but I doubt you will see him on the PP next year.

I don't disagree that Sproul looked very good for his age. But they are looking for someone on the PP and a top 2 dman. If Holland doesn't land anyone I can see Sproul getting some looks but I doubt you will see him on the PP next year.

I know they're going to look to improve the D through trade or free agency. I just don't know if there will be enough available that holland will bite on.

What would you think about getting into a bidding war over Niskanen? In my opinion he is overrated. His recent hot streak and the lack of depth in the UFA pool will cause GMs to grossly overpay.

I would happily take him at 4-4.5 mill max but I doubt he'll be that cheap

That is far too small of a sample size to go on. Remember how amazing E looked in his first call up? Then boom, 3 years of struggling before he started to get it right.

That is far too small of a sample size to go on. Remember how amazing E looked in his first call up? Then boom, 3 years of struggling before he started to get it right.

I'm not saying I would rather have him than one of the free agents, I just wouldn't be upset if they gave him a shot. Everyone has to get their start sometime

I'm not saying I would rather have him than one of the free agents, I just wouldn't be upset if they gave him a shot. Everyone has to get their start sometime

Oh for sure. Just trying to keep expectations in check when it comes to Sproul automatically being an improvement over Kindl and Lashoff is all lol. I have no doubt that will end up being the case. I just figure it may very well take some time.

Oh for sure. Just trying to keep expectations in check when it comes to Sproul automatically being an improvement over Kindl and Lashoff is all lol. I have no doubt that will end up being the case. I just figure it may very well take some time.

Even if he isn't an instant improvement, at least he can move the puck and create offense. I don't think I have unrealistic expectations, but I understand the concern considering the mentality of other posters

I'm fairly sure that this guy is the same troll who frequents Mlive. There's a guy over there who constantly rants about getting Ovechkin and moving Ericsson and Smith to forward. It's super clever.

Speaking of troll accounts and Mlive... :lol:

Good times.

Dude whatever. Ovie sucks. No way could some bum, who doesn't play defense, is notoriously selfish, and and only stands around looking for the one-timer, help us. Even if he's good on the PP.

Wait...what's that?...You've got a picture for me...oh. FML.

brett-hull-with-the-2002-stanley-cup-10-

*BURNS WITH RAGE*

Can I pretend we have a chance at Brent Burns?

Sure, so long as your fantasy is grounded in some reality. Mainly that Babs would only play him as a fourth line winger, give him the fewest number of shifts on the team, and say he's not "heavy" enough.

What is everyone's thoughts on gaborik? Really playing well for la right now. Has a lot of speed and a nice shot

I think hes an amazing player when healthy.

I also think him and anze kopitar together is probably a better duo than the Sedona ever were.

Aside from 2 inches and 10lbs per inch, they move like effin mirror images of eachother.

If I were la im locking him up for as long as anze is if its cheap enough.

I think the Kings are the perfect team for Gaborik. The Wings? Not so much.

Sure, so long as your fantasy is grounded in some reality. Mainly that Babs would only play him as a fourth line winger, give him the fewest number of shifts on the team, and say he's not "heavy" enough.

Or pair him with Quincey or Kindl.

I keep trying to put together, or at least lay the foundation for, a hypothetical top six that I can get really excited about. And it's making me sad.

(I mean scoring lines, not the blue line.)

haven't seen it posted anywhere so, as far as alfie goes.. it looks like he's going to take his time to decide and the wings will wait on that decision.

As Bob Duff of The Windsor Star shares, Alfie is leaning towards playing again but recognizes it has to end eventually.

As Duff shared, Detroit GM Ken Holland told Alfredsson they won’t start making decisions on the roster until mid-June.

source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/alfredsson-unsure-about-future-wings-willing-to-wait/

would love to have alfie back for one more year.

edit.

Get the kids in early see where they'll fit.

If pulk can pull the piano as fast as they're playing it id love him on the rw with z and d.

Think of all the one timers.

Pulkkinen is a 5'10, 195 lb. skill player. Not really sure why you'd think he's a "piano puller" (ugh, I hate using that phrase).

Alfie: please retire. Your legs are gone, your back is sore, and you are not worth 5 million per season, or 1 million per season. Go back to Sweden and play there. We are not a SC contender right now and tbh you would only hold us back for another year. You have been a great player for a long time. HOF is ready to take you in. retire and enjoy the rest of your life.

Alfie: please retire. Your legs are gone, your back is sore, and you are not worth 5 million per season, or 1 million per season. Go back to Sweden and play there. We are not a SC contender right now and tbh you would only hold us back for another year. You have been a great player for a long time. HOF is ready to take you in. retire and enjoy the rest of your life.

And please take Franzen with you ! To retirement of course not to HOF.

Edited by arag

He was one of our biggest producers this season. I think you're confusing him with Cleary/Bertuzzi/Samuelsson.