• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

well Kenny did say that he's had chats with GM's who have thrown some interesting names at him.

Spezza, Kesler and Marchand are names that have been floated about would we be interested in

any of them ?

Does anyone really think that Kenny is going to surprise us with a trade or 2 at the draft party?

I've always been curious about him too, but I recall someone saying that part of the reason he was traded was because Hitchcock didn't like him because he's not committed to two-way hockey. If that's true (and I don't really know if it is) then Babs will hate him too and he'll end up on the fourth line or playing 10 minutes a night and won't be worth a nickel. All depends on his attitude (and/or the validity of the rumors about him) I suppose. But on paper I'd be very interested.

He doesn't play 200 ft hockey and rarely ever plays the hockey is supposed to be good at. With an attitude on top.

Stewart isn't a waste of money, he would be embarrassing. Not many like Franzen, myself included, but Stewart is a worse version of floating.

He was given numerous chances on Blues and never would show much to earn such chances. I would want him no where near our kids.

I could see us having interest in all three of them, although I personally don't want anything to do with Marchand, he's a whiny spaz. Of course I feel if we were to make a run for Spezza, we'd need to trade them a center to off-set receiving another center.... Weiss? Kessler can at least play the RW.

I was going to say this. The free agent market is thin, and for all of Quincey's short-comings, he does have his strengths that the Wings need. I'm more comfortable with Quincey playing regular minutes than any of the kids from GR. Perhaps at the end of this season I'll think differently, but as it stands I think holding onto Quincey is in the Wings' best interest.

How quickly people forget. Quincey looked better, but only in comparison to how terrible he looked earlier. Not to mention he makes his partner terrible, too.

At best he won't hurt the team but he doesn't have any strengths we need. He's mediocre at defense, can only be paired with certain players and adds no offense.

The number one problem we had was no offense from the defense. And terrible defensive decisions with the puck. If we re-sign him and promote a kid like we will have to, there will be no room to improve the defense.

Basically the Cleary signing all over again.

And I don't even want to think about re-signing the UFA forwards...

I'm almost certain this will be our roster game 1, and I hate it:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Franzen-Sheahan-Nyquist

Tatar-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

Callahan-Ferarro

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Smith-Lashoff

Oullett

Howard

Mrazek

Helm and Weiss will be hurt. Prob all season. Prob forever. It's making me mad just looking at this.

Edited by StayClassy

I'm almost certain this will be our roster game 1, and I hate it:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Franzen-Sheahan-Nyquist

Tatar-Andersson-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

Callahan-Ferarro

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Smith-Lashoff

Oullett

Howard

Mrazek

Helm and Weiss will be hurt. Prob all season. Prob forever.

This is probably exactly what we'll get. But you wouldn't want to overpay. I mean, you gotta keep that cap money because next year...that's when it's all gonna happen. Next year's the year Kenny finally pulls the trigger. Always next year.

It's going to be a situation where we're going to wish he would have signed Quincey and Cleary. At that point we'll all be living in our own version of hockey hell. Than at the end of the season they will tear down the Joe, and than just decide to not build a new arena. The team will just contract and the league will go with 29 teams.

/optimism

Edited by StayClassy

It may be the offseason but the negativity on here is sickening. I will bet any amount of money that that will not be the opening day roster. Say what you will about Mr. Holland but I would take him over just about any GM in the league and so would the rest of the league. I guarantee he makes a few key changes this offseason. 100%

It may be the offseason but the negativity on here is sickening. I will bet any amount of money that that will not be the opening day roster. Say what you will about Mr. Holland but I would take him over just about any GM in the league and so would the rest of the league. I guarantee he makes a few key changes this offseason. 100%

It's tongue in cheek dude, don't take it so seriously. He'll definitely do something major. I imagine he's working up the contracts for Alfredsson, Gustavsson, and Tom Gilbert as we speak.

Yea I feel certain they could win a cup before D or Z leaves, it really isn't that far out of reach.

Well of course they "could" win a Cup before Z or D leaves. They just can't do it with a strategy of "lets hope the kids improve faster than the vets decline".

sign Vanek or Gaborik as UFA top 6 fwd, if not trade for Kesler.

trade for Edler as the top 2 Dman we need.

pick up Ondrej Nemec from the KHL for the Vet needed on D. ( played great in the Worlds and a top class skater) also R/H.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

- Re-sign Aflie, Monster

- Sign Dan Boyle to a two year contract

- Sign Gaborick or trade for Hossa (if rumours of Chicago looking to shed him for cap space is true)

- Sign Brian Boyle (Big body, always competes, finishes his hits, blocks shots, scores some goals... the kind of guy we need)

- Make sure you dumb Kindl and Lashoff

That would be a great offseason game plan for the Wings and would for sure make us cup contenders, as long as our key guys stay healthy

I don't understand why so many people are eager to get rid of Lashoff.

He's 23 years old with one full NHL season under his belt. He won't set the world on fire, but he's big, pretty physical, and has a cap hit of $725,000 for the next two seasons.

Lashoff will likely improve and will look better when the whole blueline gets more stability. He's worth keeping around for a couple seasons to see if he at least settles into a big physical bottom pairing guy.

Kindl however, needs to go. The bummer is he's signed for three more years at $2.4 millions.

He's 23 years old with one full NHL season under his belt. He won't set the world on fire, but he's big, pretty physical, and has a cap hit of $725,000 for the next two seasons.

Lashoff will likely improve and will look better when the whole blueline gets more stability. He's worth keeping around for a couple seasons to see if he at least settles into a big physical bottom pairing guy.

Kindl however, needs to go. The bummer is he's signed for three more years at $2.4 millions.

yup. lashoff as a 7th is just fine. he is young and cheap. he will never be a top 4 guy, a glue guy that plays well vs. physical teams. speed kills him. so a good coach will.......nevermind......

This is an excellent opportunity for one of the kids from GR to earn a spot on the Wings. Lashoff and Kindl's roster spots are both low hanging fruits, but the kid(s) have to show they can pick em.

Guest DeGraa55

The latest trade rumors still have Kessler wanting out of van and Ottawa wanting to trade spezza before the draft.

Holland I'll take spezza and Ryan please please please please please

And of course it said it is unlikely Boyle will sign with the islanders so yea... :(

The latest trade rumors still have Kessler wanting out of van and Ottawa wanting to trade spezza before the draft.

Holland I'll take spezza and Ryan please please please please please

And of course it said it is unlikely Boyle will sign with the islanders so yea... :(

Source?