• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

no no no to re-signing Monster and Alfie. They cannot stay healthy enough. We are going to have the yearly Z, Franzine and Helm injuries. Its fact and we need less players that get hurt every year. Monster has a constant record of injuries yearly.

Guest DeGraa55

no no no to re-signing Monster and Alfie. They cannot stay healthy enough. We are going to have the yearly Z, Franzine and Helm injuries. Its fact and we need less players that get hurt every year. Monster has a constant record of injuries yearly.

Agreed. Specially when there's like Nabokov Thomas and Brodeur who could be our back up.

Guest DeGraa55

Calling it....Trade Kindl to the Island for Boyle and Nabby's rights...

Honestly would anyone complain? I'm not a Boyle fan by any means. But if we dump kindl then resign both of them to ONE year deals I wouldn't complain.

Honestly would anyone complain? I'm not a Boyle fan by any means. But if we dump kindl then resign both of them to ONE year deals I wouldn't complain.

I'd complain. What's the point of signing two guys who aren't going to make you Cup competitive. If you're just planning on treading water until "the kids" develop then you might as well get them into the lineup and let them start developing. I'd rather Mrazek start 25-30 games next year as Jimmy's backup and get professional level coaching than have Nabby for a year. Same with Sproul over Boyle.

We're not competing for the Cup either way. At least one of those things helps us in the long term. The other is just more nickel and dime s*** that doesn't amount to anything.

Guest DeGraa55

I'd complain. What's the point of signing two guys who aren't going to make you Cup competitive. If you're just planning on treading water until "the kids" develop then you might as well get them into the lineup and let them start developing. I'd rather Mrazek start 25-30 games next year as Jimmy's backup and get professional level coaching than have Nabby for a year. Same with Sproul over Boyle.

We're not competing for the Cup either way. At least one of those things helps us in the long term. The other is just more nickel and dime s*** that doesn't amount to anything.

Well I agree moves need to be made. That's why if I'm holland I target spezza and Ryan. I think Ryan is very unlikely but spezza is a possibility. If we can acquire him(them) for prospects and picks but can keep 1 of Tatar/nyquist and both of smith and dekeyser it'd help us a lot.

Guest DeGraa55

Backup is our least important position. Whether Monster comes back, they bring someone else in or Mrazek comes up, I don't really care.

Defense. Defense. Defense. And then maybe a top 6 forward. But DEFENSE.

Two top six forwards more important. For now and down the road.

One of the things we all need to keep in mind is, it ill take 2 offseasons of being aggressive to fix our issues. I firmly believe we are 3 or 4 high end players from being a legit cup contender. You don't get that many in one off season. 1-2 each summer and maybe next season 2015/16 we can contend.

Am I crazy for thinking Brodeur would be a good idea? Gus is not going to want a 1 year deal, that more or less is saying "Petr needs more seasoning and we like you... for now" Brodeur is the best goalie to ever play the game, is 42, and would be a great presence for Jimmy. If the guy is surrounded by winners like Ozzie and Brodeur, he should start to get it. It's far from our priority, but if Gus goes else where, why not bring in Marty if Holland doesn't want to bring Mrazek up?

Guest DeGraa55

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Mantha, Alfredsson, Athanasiou...

We need a top-four defenseman like whoa.

LOL just wow LOL.

Brodeur hasn't been good for years now. Even as a backup I don't see the point in bringing him here.

Honestly, I'd rather Mrazek get the backup job. Goalies can't just jump into the starting role, and they all have to backup at some point. So the AHL argument about "getting experience" doesn't really hold in this case. Better for him to get 30 games in the NHL than 60 in the AHL at this point.

I'm gonna kinda sorta contradict myself...

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Mantha, Alfredsson, Athanasiou...

We need a top-four defenseman like whoa.

Chris Stewart and Wayne Simmonds are really good friends. And Wayne Simmonds was a Wings fan as a kid. And Wayne Simmonds is awesome. If we could trade for Wayne Simmonds and then get him to get Chris Stewart to sign a reasonable deal with the Wings next summer (when Stewart becomes a UFA), that would be awesome. Though, I'd still want that top-four defenseman.