• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

Brodeur hasn't been good for years now. Even as a backup I don't see the point in bringing him here.

Honestly, I'd rather Mrazek get the backup job. Goalies can't just jump into the starting role, and they all have to backup at some point. So the AHL argument about "getting experience" doesn't really hold in this case. Better for him to get 30 games in the NHL than 60 in the AHL at this point.

I say bring Mrazek up and give him every opportunity to steal the starting job from Howard. I don't care if Kenny was brough up too soon and it scarred him for life and now he's trying to protect this young goalie or whatever. Mrazek is awesome.

I say bring Mrazek up and give him every opportunity to steal the starting job from Howard. I don't care if Kenny was brough up too soon and it scarred him for life and now he's trying to protect this young goalie or whatever. Mrazek is awesome.

Why?

If you sign a veteran back-up, you have P-mraz ready when both goalies inevitably get hurt. If Mrazek's your back-up, you have McCollum or Paterson in GRs. You want to call one of those guys up to start a game in the NHL?

Same goes for the defence. Leave those kids in GRs as long as you can. How awesome is it that if any D-men get hurt, you can depend on Ouellet, Backman, Marchenko, and Sproul to be legit quality replacements?

23-летний нападающий Фёдор Малыхин, ранее выступавший в «Автомобилисте» (Екатеринбург), продолжит карьеру в казанском «Ак Барсе».

Фёдор Малыхин. Нападающий. Родился 13.11.1990. Рост – 181 см, вес – 90 кг. Начинал играть в Екатеринбурге. Выступал в команде «Автомобилист» (Екатеринбург).

thats a blow then.

23-летний нападающий Фёдор Малыхин, ранее выступавший в «Автомобилисте» (Екатеринбург), продолжит карьеру в казанском «Ак Барсе».

Фёдор Малыхин. Нападающий. Родился 13.11.1990. Рост – 181 см, вес – 90 кг. Начинал играть в Екатеринбурге. Выступал в команде «Автомобилист» (Екатеринбург).

thats a blow then.

I'd hardly call it "a blow". He was asking for 2.7 million/year and has never stepped foot in the NHL. No thanks.

I can't tell if its a blow or not...i can't read it. :lol:

all this kids or vet talk. I am in the side of signing two vet D men to let the kids get their feet wet for the next couple seasons. No Q or K...i like Morris and Mitchell (although I am sure Willie would like to stay in LA.) Whether you trade Smith or not, adding two vets like that makes this team harder to play against and doesn't require throwing two (more) rookies into the lineup...can't expect all of them to workout so quick like Nyke and Sheahan.

Why?

If you sign a veteran back-up, you have P-mraz ready when both goalies inevitably get hurt. If Mrazek's your back-up, you have McCollum or Paterson in GRs. You want to call one of those guys up to start a game in the NHL?

Same goes for the defence. Leave those kids in GRs as long as you can. How awesome is it that if any D-men get hurt, you can depend on Ouellet, Backman, Marchenko, and Sproul to be legit quality replacements?

A couple of reasons:

1) Mrazek won't get any better in Grand Rapids. Or at least, he could improve much faster playing in the NHL, even as a backup.

2) If Holland makes the moves he should make this off-season, the team won't be so terrible and the quality of our third string backup won't matter as much because a loss won't kill us to the same degree it did this season.

3) What's the point in having high quality replacements if the players they are replacing aren't significantly better to begin with?

Why?

Well, full disclosure: I'm biased. I really like Mrazek, a lot. I think he's good enough right now to be a starter in the NHL. I'd like to see him make his case for being our #1.

I'd hardly call it "a blow". He was asking for 2.7 million/year and has never stepped foot in the NHL. No thanks.

Sure he wasn't asking for 2.7 million rubles? That's only about $42.50 in American dollars. Totally worth the risk!

But joking aside. Where did you see that he wanted 2.7 million dollars? Because the maximum entry level contract in the NHL is 1,350,000 dollars. So if he was asking for 2.7 he clearly didn't want to play over here at all.

Edited by kipwinger

look, Sammy got $3m outta Ken, surely we could have took a gamble, i think even i could get more than 4pts

in 2 years on the roster !!

Its a 3 year deal as well, he's a great skater and strong on them. 5'11" & 200lb 2 way center only 23 yrs old.

He may be a bit of an unknown commodity but sometimes its worth the risk.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

LOL just wow LOL.

What's wrong with what I'm saying? Our scoring woes stem from our blue line more than anything else. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are two of the best players in the world, and Weiss, Helm, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, Mantha could each be good for 15+ goals next season (not that they're all going to be on the roster next season, of course). Point being, we don't lack skill and scoring prowess up front. We lack puck movement and offense on the back end.

Guest DeGraa55

Am I the only one that doesn't think Smith is a top 4 dman?

You and the biased one kip or left? Can't remember. But opinions aside STATS prove he is. And with the lack of experience he SHOULD only get better.

Guest DeGraa55

What's wrong with what I'm saying? Our scoring woes stem from our blue line more than anything else. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are two of the best players in the world, and Weiss, Helm, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Pulkkinen, Mantha could each be good for 15+ goals next season (not that they're all going to be on the roster next season, of course). Point being, we don't lack skill and scoring prowess up front. We lack puck movement and offense on the back end.

Basically because you're putting on your eggs in the kid basket(stole the line from someone else). What happens if none of them pan out? Were f***ED then. And if some do pan out(which I personally believe they will) were still several years away from them being dominate.

So I ask are we in win now mode? If so we need a defenseman(stats show bottom 2 is what's needed) and a top six forward or two. We need a number two center. Will that be Weiss? I would prefer to trade for spezza personally. We also need a big winger to play with the euro twins something we don't have and need to acquire via trade or FA. Meaning I have nyquist on the second line with whoever as third and Franzen on third(or second I guess...).

Gaborik can't stay healthy

Just like half of the Wings team. I think he is worth the risk. A winger with a great shot and a proven goal scorer with every team he has been on. Gaborik with Datsyuk would be salivating.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Guest DeGraa55

Just like half of the Wings team. I think he is worth the risk. A winger with a great shot and a proven goal scorer with every team he has been on. Gaborik with Datsyuk would be salivating.

I like gaborik just like vanek. But they won't be worth the cost they'll most likely get.

it ain't me...i like smith, but would trade him for Kesler in a heartbeat... Must be kip. But just because we put him in a trade scenario doesn't mean we do think he isn't top 4. I think he can be, especially here if we don't add any better d.

btw, I still would like to know who the kid is that was talked about in Russian...

it ain't me...i like smith, but would trade him for Kesler in a heartbeat... Must be kip. But just because we put him in a trade scenario doesn't mean we do think he isn't top 4. I think he can be, especially here if we don't add any better d.

btw, I still would like to know who the kid is that was talked about in Russian...

I would trade smith for kesler too. That being said, I wouldn't move smith in a deal for anything other than a top c or a top pairing d - otherwise might as well keep him. I really like smith and this year is a big year for him - if he solidifies himself we may see a guy like E traded soon - if smith falters he may find his job in jeopardy from the kids in gr soon.

You and the biased one kip or left? Can't remember. But opinions aside STATS prove he is. And with the lack of experience he SHOULD only get better.

I agree he should get better, and he SHOULD become a top 4 guy. But he isn't right now. All the stats prove is that he played like one for a few months. So did Kindl in a shortened season. I'm not convinced. I just don't think the mental part of his game is there yet.

Guest DeGraa55

I agree he should get better, and he SHOULD become a top 4 guy. But he isn't right now. All the stats prove is that he played like one for a few months. So did Kindl in a shortened season. I'm not convinced. I just don't think the mental part of his game is there yet.

The stats were for the entire season....