• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

Problem is - FLA has said they are only willing to drop to #8 or something. We won't be able to move up it seems.

There is always a way.

Trade up in the draft to #7. Give CAR #15, and Ouellet. (We have a connection with CAR now with Bill Peters being HC. He has seen how good Ouellet is.) Maybe he would even take Kindl off our hands. lol

Give Florida #7 + Tatar + Helm + Bäckman

Z-Pav-Alfie/Mantha/FA

Goose-Weiss-Franzen

Jurco-Sheahan-Abby/Pulks

Abby/Callahan-Glendening-Miller

Kronner-Ekblad

Dekeyser-Smith

Big E-Marchenko

That D would be MUCH improved. Still a little green but Marchenko would be an upgrade on Kindl/Lashoff and Ekbla would be much better than Quincey.

There is always a way.

Trade up in the draft to #7. Give CAR #15, and Ouellet. (We have a connection with CAR now with Bill Peters being HC. He has seen how good Ouellet is.) Maybe he would even take Kindl off our hands. lol

Give Florida #7 + Tatar + Helm + Bäckman

Z-Pav-Alfie/Mantha/FA

Goose-Weiss-Franzen

Jurco-Sheahan-Abby/Pulks

Abby/Callahan-Glendening-Miller

Kronner-Ekblad

Dekeyser-Smith

Big E-Marchenko

That D would be MUCH improved. Still a little green but Marchenko would be an upgrade on Kindl/Lashoff and Ekbla would be much better than Quincey.

Problem is we likely have to overpay for both trade-ups. Is Ekblad really worth that?

Guest DeGraa55

Problem is we likely have to overpay for both trade-ups. Is Ekblad really worth that?

What dies ekbkad give us that we don't have?? Projected top line d? Ummm we have dekeyser smith oullete and sproul. So why add another to the mix when it would be an overpayment to get him and we have other issues needing to be addressed. Like good players that contribute NOW.

I'm not advocating for Ekblad, but I think most if not all hockey scouts would say he has way more upside than DeK, Smith, Ouellet and Sproul. They all have potential to be a first-pair d-man; Ekblad has potential to be a Norris winner.

I would actually like Fabbri where we are picking. He scored 45 goals as a C and has mad wheels. We seem to have a lot of C's that are pass first - it would be nice to have a C with a Jeff Carter shoot first mentality - even if the kid is only 5'10 and maxes out at 5'11.

Otherwise I like Barbashev. The guy has no holes in his game. Is responsible, 6'0, plays a two way game. I totally see him turning into a 2C potentially.

What dies ekbkad give us that we don't have?? Projected top line d? Ummm we have dekeyser smith oullete and sproul. So why add another to the mix when it would be an overpayment to get him and we have other issues needing to be addressed. Like good players that contribute NOW.

Listen and watch the draft center to know what type of package this guy is providing, when someone gets compared to Shea Weber you gotta take him.

Well, to be fair Shea Weber didn't even project to be Shea Weber when he has drafted. Nor did Subban, Chara, or Keith. The only first rate d-men I'm aware of that were so highly thought of were Karlsson, Pietrangelo, and Doughty. Brad Stuart (god love him) was a third overall pick after all. And while I'm a big Stuart fan, I'd have been a little irritated had I spent a 3rd overall on him.

In general I always have more faith in "can't miss" forwards than I do in defensemen. It just seems that the developmental arch for d-men is too hard to predict with confidence.

Listen and watch the draft center to know what type of package this guy is providing, when someone gets compared to Shea Weber you gotta take him.

Lawton, Dore, Daigle, Brendl, Stefan, DiPietro, Scissons, the list goes on and on. Jurco was compared to Hossa, those comparisons mean nothing to me other than style of play.

Would you trade Franzen, Weiss, and Jimmy Howard for Phil Kessel and Jay Bouwmeester?

Stephen Weiss, Jimmy Howard, Jakub Kindl, Toronto's 2014 2nd & Detroit's 2014 1st to St. Louis.

Patrick Berglund, Johan Franzen, & Jake Allen to Toronto.
Jay Bouwmeester, Phil Kessel, and Frederik Gauthier to Detroit.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Kessel
Nyquist - Statsny ($7M) - Mantha
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miler - Helm - Abdelkader
Andersson - Glendening

Kronwall - Ericsson
Bouwmeester - DeKeyser
Smith - D. Boyle ($5M)
Lashoff

Any Veteran FA Goalie up to $5.25M (Ryan Miller? Jonas Hiller? Martin Brodeur?)
Mrazek
Gustavsson

Didn't give up Mantha, Nyquist, Jurco, Tatar, Ouellet, Sproul, or Mrazek. I think the hardest piece of this trade would be Bouwmeester at his cap hit (given it's so low, I don't think they'd want to give him up, but...) other than that, it seems fair: Toronto gets two top-six forwards and a top goalie prospect for their top winger and a center prospect; the Blues get a better offensive center, a top-10 goalie, a bottom-pair defenseman, and two draft picks for a defensive-center, a top defensemen, and a goalie prospect.

Well, to be fair Shea Weber didn't even project to be Shea Weber when he has drafted. Nor did Subban, Chara, or Keith. The only first rate d-men I'm aware of that were so highly thought of were Karlsson, Pietrangelo, and Doughty. Brad Stuart (god love him) was a third overall pick after all. And while I'm a big Stuart fan, I'd have been a little irritated had I spent a 3rd overall on him.

In general I always have more faith in "can't miss" forwards than I do in defensemen. It just seems that the developmental arch for d-men is too hard to predict with confidence.

Speaking of Stuart, I wonder if he could be had for cheap, considering the Sharks are rebuilding.

Guest DeGraa55

Would you trade Franzen, Weiss, and Jimmy Howard for Phil Kessel and Jay Bouwmeester?

Stephen Weiss, Jimmy Howard, Jakub Kindl, Toronto's 2014 2nd & Detroit's 2014 1st to St. Louis.

Patrick Berglund, Johan Franzen, & Jake Allen to Toronto.

Jay Bouwmeester, Phil Kessel, and Frederik Gauthier to Detroit.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Kessel

Nyquist - Statsny ($7M) - Mantha

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miler - Helm - Abdelkader

Andersson - Glendening

Kronwall - Ericsson

Bouwmeester - DeKeyser

Smith - D. Boyle ($5M)

Lashoff

Any Veteran FA Goalie up to $5.25M (Ryan Miller? Jonas Hiller? Martin Brodeur?)

Mrazek

Gustavsson

Didn't give up Mantha, Nyquist, Jurco, Tatar, Ouellet, Sproul, or Mrazek. I think the hardest piece of this trade would be Bouwmeester at his cap hit (given it's so low, I don't think they'd want to give him up, but...) other than that, it seems fair: Toronto gets two top-six forwards and a top goalie prospect for their top winger and a center prospect; the Blues get a better offensive center, a top-10 goalie, a bottom-pair defenseman, and two draft picks for a defensive-center, a top defensemen, and a goalie prospect.

LOL that was the best I've read so far. So much thought an effort put into it. Why not just say....

Kindl for kessel and franzen for Bouwmeister then we can all laugh together and realize it was a joke.

100% this. Not to mention dmen tend to take a lot longer to develop than forwards. Guys like Karlsson looked terrible there for a little while before he broke out.

Stuart left to be with his family, who can't move away from California because of some child custody thing.

If my memory serves me correctly, that child custody issue would have only been for one more year at the time his contract with the Wings was up. But it was enough to get him back to Cali. I could be wrong, though.

I liked Stuart while he was here. But I just don't see him as the type of dman the Wings really need right now. Sure he would be nice to have if he came without having to give up much. But a puck mover is a much more important need for the time being.

I agree about the defense and top center been saying that for awhile now... And this year we got Kessler and spezza available and..... No interest from us??

Kesler doesn't have any interest in US. He wants to go to Anaheim or Chicago. That's what he's told VAN.

Spezza. Nope. No interest.

Iginla. Dreger said we have interest on TSN today. Boston may not be able to keep him.

Z - Dats - Iginla

Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen

Sheahan - Helm - Jurco

Miller - Glenfiddich - Abdelkader

Trade Tatar + Andersson + Kindl + whatever else for a good D-man

OR Sign Niskanen. Keep Tatar.

Trade Andersson + Kindl for pick(s)

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Jarome Iginla ($6.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Riley Sheahan ($0.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Tomas Tatar ($1.250m)

Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Luke Glendening ($0.628m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)

Tomas Jurco ($0.709m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brendan Smith ($1.263m)

Danny DeKeyser ($1.750m) / Matt Niskanen ($6.300m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($4.250m) / Alexei Marchenko ($0.667m)

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

BUYOUTS

Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)

BONUS OVERAGE

$3,017,500

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,663,712; BONUSES: $340,833

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,436,288

Pulks, Callahan, Mantha all start in GR. Called up as necessary.

Edited by e_prime

Speaking of Stuart, I wonder if he could be had for cheap, considering the Sharks are rebuilding.

Am I taking crazy pills? Does no one remember how terrible he was the last 1 and half seasons he was here? The dude mailed it in and was one of the worst defenders on the Wings roster. Why does everyone want him back?

Am I taking crazy pills? Does no one remember how terrible he was the last 1 and half seasons he was here? The dude mailed it in and was one of the worst defenders on the Wings roster. Why does everyone want him back?

Yupp. I'll remember the Stewie from 08-11, he was ******* brutal in the 11-12 season. Especially in the playoffs against Nashville.