• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

So I'm waiting to see what we do (and/or don't do) in the first round before I go any deeper into the identity/philosophy discussion. The Draft is practically in my backyard (figuratively but also kind of literally) and I've been able to chat up a few people in really high places. It's been wild. It's given me insight and perspective and it has me looking at things in new ways. One of those things is the Wings and our "five year drought." I think the argument can be made that Kenneth Mark Holland has, for the most part, been doing all the right things since '09 and that he has, in fact, put his team in a very good position to re-establish itself as a contender - provided certain things happen (and certain other things don't) here in this offseason.

I'd love to see us land Tyler Myers.

Edited by Dabura

Well Holland will have plenty of reason to do a whole lot of nothing now.

How do you figure?

I like that. I don't want them to impatiently throw money at a guy who is breaking down (Bertuzzi). Let's take care of the right now, and we'll talk to you (Alfie) later.

Guest DeGraa55

I'd love to rob Chicago of Hossa due to their desperation.

EDIT: I read that they want to clear space for Stastny

Fixed for my pleasure.

So I'm waiting to see what we do (and/or don't do) in the first round before I go any deeper into the identity/philosophy discussion. The Draft is practically in my backyard (figuratively but also kind of literally) and I've been able to chat up a few people in really high places. It's been wild. It's given me insight and perspective and it has me looking at things in new ways. One of those things is the Wings and our "five year drought." I think the argument can be made that Kenneth Mark Holland has, for the most part, been doing all the right things since '09 and that he has, in fact, put his team in a very good positition to re-establish itself as a contender - provided certain things happen (and certain other things don't) here in this offseason.

I'd love to see us land Tyler Myers.

Couldn't agree more (apart from the part about Myers). Wish more people could actually see things a little like this

About 10 pages ago I mentioned something about players getting moved for far less than was rumored, and yet we NEVER seem to be in on those deals. mentioned the Nash deal. Now today we see Kesler move for less than we could have offered (yes this one is a little diff because of the NTC) and then Neal get moved for very little. We could have done better in btoh of those trades and still have young talent left over.

Edited by Richdg

About 10 pages ago I mentioned something about players getting moved for far less than was rumored, and yet we NEVER seem to be in on those deals. mentioned the Nash deal. Now today we see Kesler move for less than we could have offered (yes this one is a little diff because of the NTC) and then Neal get moved for very little. We could have done better in btoh of those trades and still have young talent left over.

Lets make this clear. Kesler didn't want to come here. He had a two team list. It's that simple. We can stop worrying about why we didn't get him immediately. Also, after his comments post trade... He sounds like a sore loser. Dude, you got what you wanted... you're out of VAN. Shut your yapper and move on.

As far as Neal goes: Although TSN is reporting otherwise, many GMs are grumbling that Rutherford really didn't shop Neal around and that many would have made better offers if they had been given the opportunity.

Edited by e_prime

And also, you can't expect us to be in on every big trade deadline acquisition year in year out. Unless you want us to put out a roster depleted of youngsters, full of trade acquired veterans who don't have any chemistry because they've only been together for a year or so, rather than drafted and developed the Red Wing way, which means egos are put aside and they buy into the system.

You can't expect to remain competitive in the salary cap era by trading away all your prospects and picks.

even though id like to see havlet signed I wouldn't mind if the wings snagged up iggy and than focus on D amd possibly slide alfie if he fits

Z D Iggy

Franzen Weiss Goose

Tats Shehan Jurco

Miller Helm Alfie

Glendening

Kronwall Niskanen

Big E DD

Smith Kindl

Lashoff

Howie

Gus

Edited by sjr2012

even though id like to see havlet signed I wouldn't mind if the wings snagged up iggy and than focus on D amd possibly slide alfie if he fits

Z D Iggy

Franzen Weiss Goose

Tats Shehan Jurco

Miller Helm Alfie

Glendening

You forgot the piano puller.

DD, that could have been their plan but plans do and can change. You make them change their opinion. Just for the sake of discussion:

Mantha-Datsyuk-Neal

Z-Kesler-Franzen

Weiss-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Glendening-Miller

Andersson Callahan

That leaves: Nyquist, helm, tatar, and ferraro left over to deal. So yes we would have better pieces to move than Ana and Nash did to get those 2 guys. The top 6 is filled with guys that are proven 30 goal scorers or could be. 5 of the 6 vets have all done it at least once and Mantha looks like a guy that could do it as well.

yes I understand......water under the bridge.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL D Josh Gorges' name is out there in trade talk. TOR made a pitch for Gorges but no CDN team is on list of 15 teams he can be dealt to.

I hope were in on this

who would we trade for him"?

Edited by sjr2012

I like Gorges, shot blocking machine, but shouldn't be at the top of our list. We need a puck moving, right handed defenseman. Gorges is neither...

agreed id like to see the wings focus straight up on Niskanen right now if that falls thru than look around to what might fill in that all important gap at the line