• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

I wonder if I could trade a chicken strip for a slice of pizza...

Holland could, except the pizza would be expired and would have lots of seasoning on it.

but at the end of the day he would rather let the chicken expire on its own while he adds his own seasonings to it, instead of trading it for god knows what kind of pizza with nasty toppings its picked up from other pizzerias.

Edited by number9

No source to show, I know someone close to Holland. I only get to talk to him maybe once a year though. That's why when I do, I get all kinds of info at once, just like last year. But their intentions are to trade pulkinnen in a package, they know he probably won't have a shot at making the team with nyquist Tatar jurco sheahan and mantha.

He will be traded before the end of the season in a package. Like it or not.

Source or no source, its pretty obvious there isn't a roster spot opening up anytime soon for him. Same with Oullet/Sproul/Backman/Marchenko/Jensen - there is 1, maybe 2 spots on the roster coming up on D in the next few years, so some of them are going to have to be traded. Save them for now, package them up when the right player becomes available on the trade market

Source or no source, its pretty obvious there isn't a roster spot opening up anytime soon for him. Same with Oullet/Sproul/Backman/Marchenko/Jensen - there is 1, maybe 2 spots on the roster coming up on D in the next few years, so some of them are going to have to be traded. Save them for now, package them up when the right player becomes available on the trade market

I think Pulinkkinen Jensen and a pick would net us a damn a good player. maybe even tack on a Kindl or an Andersson

Edited by number9

I live next to Detroit, I have family all over Michigan. I am not insulting the city, but that is the reality of it, the players don't want to put their families at risk. Before the cap Holland could throw as much money as needed to bring players in, now it's not attractive anymore. The city is bankrupt, police can't keep the peace, half the time the power doesn't work, this is what you see on the news. This is what the players family sees and refuse to go live there. I have no problems with the city personally.

:lol: Players don't live in the city. They live in the nice posh 'burbs. Like Bloomfield Hills or Birmingham. Get real.

Crime or not, who would want to move from San Jose to Detroit? Michigan winters are brutal and long. If I were Thornton I would want to play for a southern team, or at least a sexy cold town like NYC.Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

The reality is, wherever you live in the metro area, its just not attractive to many people. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if I'm following the conversation correctly, but it seems like some of you are suggesting that CANADIAN PROFESSIONAL ICE HOCKEY PLAYERS would be averse to living in the cold.

Really?

I was born and raised in Michigan in a strong hockey culture, and I can definitely see the appeal of sunny and warm 10 months out of the year. Just cuz you're raised in a cold climate and play hockey doesn't mean you have to prefer it to Cali or Florida weather.

I was born and raised in Michigan in a strong hockey culture, and I can definitely see the appeal of sunny and warm 10 months out of the year. Just cuz you're raised in a cold climate and play hockey doesn't mean you have to prefer it to Cali or Florida weather.

Anecdotes aside, the point was to suggest that the cold weather is likely not a determining factor when you consider their entire lives have revolved, to a great extent, around winter activities.

The state of the city, crime, schools, etc. are all valid reason why someone might want to stay away from Detroit, but not the weather. Half these guys are from Quebec or Saskatchewan. Detroit probably seems like the French Riviera.

Edit: Oh, and there's a ton of reason to want to play for the Wings too. Ya know, like our quality organization, youth hockey programs, closeness to home (for the Ontario guys, who surely would rather play in Detroit than Toronto). So here again, I'm guessing a little cold weather is the least of their concerns.

Edited by kipwinger

Anecdotes aside, the point was to suggest that the cold weather is likely not a determining factor when you consider their entire lives have revolved, to a great extent, around winter activities.

The state of the city, crime, schools, etc. are all valid reason why someone might want to stay away from Detroit, but not the weather. Half these guys are from Quebec or Saskatchewan. Detroit probably seems like the French Riviera.

Edit: Oh, and there's a ton of reason to want to play for the Wings too. Ya know, like our quality organization, youth hockey programs, closeness to home (for the Ontario guys, who surely would rather play in Detroit than Toronto). So here again, I'm guessing a little cold weather is the least of their concerns.

I think you're wrong. Weather is one of those things that is crucially important to almost everyone on the planet. It's one of the basic considerations of where to live. Just because they grew up in cold areas doesn't mean they like it. I grew up in Michigan, and have lived here for 28 years. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could.

They can play ice hockey indoors in a warm climate and have way more to do than anywhere in Michigan. The only attraction of Michigan is if any of them were big hunters or outdoorsmen.

And for the record, it gets more than "a little cold" here, haha.

The only perk to coming to the Wings is the organization. The area just isn't that impressive to people who've lived elsewhere. Now, the organization is a big perk if someone is considering their long-term career, but these are young athletes. They want to get paid, party and sit on the beach.

I think you're wrong. Weather is one of those things that is crucially important to almost everyone on the planet. It's one of the basic considerations of where to live. Just because they grew up in cold areas doesn't mean they like it. I grew up in Michigan, and have lived here for 28 years. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could.

They can play ice hockey indoors in a warm climate and have way more to do than anywhere in Michigan. The only attraction of Michigan is if any of them were big hunters or outdoorsmen. So y

There's just no way Kindl has positive value in a trade anymore. The market has changed. Teams are desperate to rid themselves of salary not take it on for a borderline guy.

Unless we're taking an inflated salary back or retaining a bunch of it....I don't see him going anywhere.

Teams with lots of space (Buffalo, Florida) are looking to gain picks and assets by taking on salary. Not give them up.

Guest DeGraa55

Resign Quincey and bolster blue line DO NO BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE lol.

So what's this 28 defenseman we would like to sign now? Maybe we will get one....Quincey.