Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

• Please log in to reply
2594 replies to this topic

#2301 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

Dan Boyle for 2 years and Niskanen for 6... I would be perfectly fine with that.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#2302 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Orpik and Niskanen would be nice improvement to our D. It is possible if holland can make some trades. Kindle and Lash should go.

#2303 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

i want orpik, boyle has regressed some, orpik still seems very solid. he could help smith/dekeyser/march for sure.

#2304 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

I want Orpik and Niskanen. I don't want Q to be back.

#2305 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'll take one Deryk Engelland, please.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2306 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

McQuaid for me please.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#2307 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

McQuaid for me please.

I for one would love to see that type of player on the Wings blue line - however am I the only one who thinks McQuaid would get the 'Commodore', or 'Tootoo' treatment?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#2308 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

So I'm waiting to see what we do (and/or don't do) in the first round before I go any deeper into the identity/philosophy discussion. The Draft is practically in my backyard (figuratively but also kind of literally) and I've been able to chat up a few people in really high places. It's been wild. It's given me insight and perspective and it has me looking at things in new ways. One of those things is the Wings and our "five year drought." I think the argument can be made that Kenneth Mark Holland has, for the most part, been doing all the right things since '09 and that he has, in fact, put his team in a very good position to re-establish itself as a contender - provided certain things happen (and certain other things don't) here in this offseason.

I'd love to see us land Tyler Myers.

Edited by Dabura, 27 June 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#2309 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames  58s

Daniel Alfredsson & family to live in DET next season no matter what. He & #RedWings will wait till Aug to see how he feels, then talk deal.

Well Holland will have plenty of reason to do a whole lot of nothing now.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#2310 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

No, everything I've read said they are moving forward regardless, and that they will figure out the Alfie thing after. They will fix the team first, thrn see where he fits.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#2311 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Well Holland will have plenty of reason to do a whole lot of nothing now.

How do you figure?

I like that. I don't want them to impatiently throw money at a guy who is breaking down (Bertuzzi). Let's take care of the right now, and we'll talk to you (Alfie) later.

#2312 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Cap only went up to $69 million.

Boston will be in trouble with only 1.7 million available with Krug, Iginla and Reily Smith unsigned.

Love it :lol:

Edit: and Chicago is already over!

Edited by darkmanx, 27 June 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#2313 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

I'd love to rob Chicago of Sharp due to their desperation. 

EDIT: I read that they want to clear space for Stastny

Edited by dirtydangles, 27 June 2014 - 05:12 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#2314 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

I'd love to rob Chicago of Sharp due to their desperation. 

If we can't get Niskanen I would want Seabrook

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#2315 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'd love to rob Chicago of Hossa due to their desperation. 

Fixed for my pleasure.

#2316 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

So I'm waiting to see what we do (and/or don't do) in the first round before I go any deeper into the identity/philosophy discussion. The Draft is practically in my backyard (figuratively but also kind of literally) and I've been able to chat up a few people in really high places. It's been wild. It's given me insight and perspective and it has me looking at things in new ways. One of those things is the Wings and our "five year drought." I think the argument can be made that Kenneth Mark Holland has, for the most part, been doing all the right things since '09 and that he has, in fact, put his team in a very good positition to re-establish itself as a contender - provided certain things happen (and certain other things don't) here in this offseason.

I'd love to see us land Tyler Myers.

Couldn't agree more (apart from the part about Myers). Wish more people could actually see things a little like this

temp 1

#2317 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

About 10 pages ago I mentioned something about players getting moved for far less than was rumored, and yet we NEVER seem to be in on those deals. mentioned the Nash deal. Now today we see Kesler move for less than we could have offered (yes this one is a little diff because of the NTC) and then Neal get moved for very little. We could have done better in btoh of those trades and still have young talent left over.

Edited by Richdg, 27 June 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#2318 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

id take niskanen and orpik for sure but I wouldn't mind getting a nice top forward too

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#2319 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

About 10 pages ago I mentioned something about players getting moved for far less than was rumored, and yet we NEVER seem to be in on those deals. mentioned the Nash deal. Now today we see Kesler move for less than we could have offered (yes this one is a little diff because of the NTC) and then Neal get moved for very little. We could have done better in btoh of those trades and still have young talent left over.

Lets make this clear. Kesler didn't want to come here. He had a two team list. It's that simple. We can stop worrying about why we didn't get him immediately. Also, after his comments post trade...  He sounds like a sore loser. Dude, you got what you wanted... you're out of VAN.  Shut your yapper and move on.

As far as Neal goes:  Although TSN is reporting otherwise, many GMs are grumbling that Rutherford really didn't shop Neal around and that many would have made better offers if they had been given the opportunity.

Edited by e_prime, 28 June 2014 - 07:35 AM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#2320 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

And also, you can't expect us to be in on every big trade deadline acquisition year in year out. Unless you want us to put out a roster depleted of youngsters, full of trade acquired veterans who don't have any chemistry because they've only been together for a year or so, rather than drafted and developed the Red Wing way, which means egos are put aside and they buy into the system. 

You can't expect to remain competitive in the salary cap era by trading away all your prospects and picks.

temp 1