• Please log in to reply
2594 replies to this topic

#41 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

If I have to hear one more time that we need Westgarth or another goon with similar skill set I'm going to puke. If you want a guy who fights they will need to be able to provide some offense too, or at the very least not be a liability in the defensive zone. Lucic, Backes, Colborne, Callahan are top guys. Maybe a Dubinsky Andrew Shaw, Winik, Jordan Nolan, Trevor Lewis, Kasian, heck even Matt Hendricks would be acceptable fourth liners. Guys like Haley, Westgarth, Gillies, John Scott, should never see an NHL rink.

How do you feel about signing Peter Worrell?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#42 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Westgarth is useless. I keep hearing I want a Kocur, I want a Probert or a McCarty. All those guys were extremely effective. They didn't just go out there and start stuff. Kocur was one of the best defensive forwards in the league in his hay day. Probert could have scored 40 goals, McCarty played in every situation.

The point is you want an effective 4th line. We have a good start with Glendening as the center. Now get him some decent sized wingers. Penalty kill, energy, physical play, and great D. That's what your 4th line should be all about.

Good one lol

Good one lol
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Bobby Ryan would have prob realistically cost nyquist/Tatar a 1st and oullette
Posted Image

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

Westgarth is useless. I keep hearing I want a Kocur, I want a Probert or a McCarty. All those guys were extremely effective. They didn't just go out there and start stuff. Kocur was one of the best defensive forwards in the league in his hay day. Probert could have scored 40 goals, McCarty played in every situation.

The point is you want an effective 4th line. We have a good start with Glendening as the center. Now get him some decent sized wingers. Penalty kill, energy, physical play, and great D. That's what your 4th line should be all about.

Good one lol

Good one lol

Mitchell Callahan would do nicely and throw Abdelkader on the other wing and you have an energy line that hits like the grind line of old.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

A new General Manager and/or Head Coach would be a good start.

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

so we all pretty much agree, we need that top pairing defenseman...but who do you target?  There aren't that many available via UFA, so it will have to be a trade...

Bogosian, Yandle, Erhoff, Edler, Visnovsky, Wisniewski...etc...

who do you target and who do you offer in return?

Bogo for Almqvist, Pulkkinen, and Andersson.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Bogo for Almqvist, Pulkkinen, and Andersson.

You're a funny guy

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

...throw in the 1st round pick and Winnipeg makes that trade. If Q wasn't pending UFA you could throw him in. But WPG would want that guarantee that he would stay there. Besdies of our 7 NHL defensemen there are only two, maybe three that are not tradable:  Dekeyser, Kronwall and Ericsson (unless were are talk Weber, then Big E would be gone.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#49 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

grateful fans?

#50 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Watching the Olympics could provide us with some ideas. ie see who plays on Z's line for Sweden and what wings play on Dats line for

Russia. There's also the unknown commodity of teams like Austria, Switzerland, Latvia and Slovenia and surprise players they have.

Also a player that was undrafted and plays lw/c is Jan Kovar. 5'11" 207lb RH is doing well in the KHL after being a top scorer in his native

Czech league, only 23 but has 2 years to run on his current KHL contract. Fyodor Malykhin has also been mentioned as a potential target

but he also has a year to run on his KHL contract.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#51 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Watching the Olympics could provide us with some ideas. ie see who plays on Z's line for Sweden and what wings play on Dats line for
Russia. There's also the unknown commodity of teams like Austria, Switzerland, Latvia and Slovenia and surprise players they have.

Also a player that was undrafted and plays lw/c is Jan Kovar. 5'11" 207lb RH is doing well in the KHL after being a top scorer in his native
Czech league, only 23 but has 2 years to run on his current KHL contract. Fyodor Malykhin has also been mentioned as a potential target
but he also has a year to run on his KHL contract.

I can't remember who the other player was, but malykhins team let another one of their forwards out of his contract to go to the NHL.
Its in the article in the free agent posts.

#52 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Watching the Olympics could provide us with some ideas. ie see who plays on Z's line for Sweden...

rumor is that Z will be moved to wing and play with Backstrom and Franzen. So there's an idea for you. Now, personally I would like to see Z on a shut down line with Landeskog and Silverberg/Hagelin.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#53 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

rumor is that Z will be moved to wing and play with Backstrom and Franzen. So there's an idea for you. Now, personally I would like to see Z on a shut down line with Landeskog and Silverberg/Hagelin.

"Hagelin's a jitterbug and he stinks..." - John Tortorella

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#54 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Guys guys guys! I have the answer. We trade for Ovie AND Green. Ridiculous? Oh yeah. No way this happens unless you're in GM mode on NHL14, but how awesome would it be having him on a line with Pav and Hank?! I went on capgeek and played around. This is assuming Franzen comes back healthy this year and does well, same as Weiss. I traded them Franzen, Weiss, and Kindl. I figure you throw in any prospect or two not named Mantha and a couple first rounders maybe some other picks and BAM:

(Not to be taken seriously, just a joke/wishful thinking)

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.715m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.715m) / Tomas Jurco ($0.709m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.733m) / Luke Glendening ($0.605m)
Mitchell Callahan ($0.605m) / Drew Miller ($1.350m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Mike Green ($6.083m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($4.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.263m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) / Danny DeKeyser ($0.874m)
Xavier Ouellet ($0.670m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
BUYOUTS
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,035,087; BONUSES: $440,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $11,064,913

#55 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

My question is why you didn't go all out and trade helm, Nyquist smith and a bag of picks and prospects for Crosby and maata.

#56 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

My question is why you didn't go all out and trade helm, Nyquist smith and a bag of picks and prospects for Crosby and maata.

Juan Mata?

Pretty sure Manchester United signed him this week.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#57 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Are you asking me? If so it's because I personally really don't like Crosby. At all. Don't even want him on this team for anyone. That, and Ovechkin can play wing on Datsyuk's line with Z.

#58 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Juan Mata?

Pretty sure Manchester United signed him this week.  

Ha.
Yeahhhh.
I don't know how to make diacritic marks on my phone, but I'll get there.

And nah man. Crosby for the second line center.
I don't LIKE Crosby either, I'm a red wings fan he's a whiny little girl.
But I'd be dumb as hell to say I wouldn't want him on my team.

And as for next season.
Mostly Addition by subtraction.
Wouldn't mind if we can get a top four dman if the price isn't too bloated.
And bring in fedyor malykhin, try him out on the third line with sheahan and Tatar, with jurco on the top line if we don't add a big goal scoring winger to go along with dats and z.

I'd be okay with trying mantha out in this capacity, just don't see it happening.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 29 January 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#59 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

"Hagelin's a jitterbug and he stinks..." - John Tortorella

Didnt think you were a guy that put much value in a coach like Tortorella? Hagelin made team Sweden so how much of a problem can he really be?
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#60 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

The thought of Mike Green a a Red Wing makes me ill. His defense makes Smith look like a defensive rock.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!