• Please log in to reply
2594 replies to this topic

#581 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

I love Z and Nyquist but the first line needs someone to stand in front of the net.

Cleary? Hahaha

I can see it now .... July 1 .... We love cleary he came here for less money and we gave him a verbal agreement so we signed him now for 5 years and he gives us depth we like him , we know him and feel comfortable with him etc... Lmao

Real life nightmare if that happens

#582 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Babs, is that you?

Better re-sign Bert or put Abby there. Even though neither of them are, you now, actually good at scoring from that area.

I think putting Tatar on the top line would be more of a novelty. Jurco is heavier and faster than Tatar, and already waaaaaaay better defensively.

I love both guys, but just sayin'.

Keep Bert and Abby away from that first line and we'll be fine. A guy like Moulson would do wonders, or Callahan if Tampa can't resign him. 

I actually don't love the idea of putting either Tatar or Jurco up top. You're right Tatar needs to be better defensively but it would be fun watching him play with Pav. Jurco on the other hand, I just don't think he's ready to play there just yet; maybe another year under his belt would help. Of the two I'd rather have Tatar there to start, and see how things go from there.  

Cleary? Hahaha

I can see it now .... July 1 .... We love cleary he came here for less money and we gave him a verbal agreement so we signed him now for 5 years and he gives us depth we like him , we know him and feel comfortable with him etc... Lmao

Real life nightmare if that happens

Don't give Holland any Ideas. 

But seriously you gotta think Cleary joins Draper and Maltby in the Wings front office next year.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#583 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Thoughts on trading for Reimer? His career numbers are pretty similar to Howard's. Possible 1A-1B situation, with the potential to bring out the best in both? Or just a really bad idea? I get that Howard's The Guy here. But...

Don't Toews me, bro!

#584 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Ideally I'd like to have Tatar be a scoring 2nd liner in the future. He needs to be "the guy" on his line or it just doesn't work out as well. He generates offence really well by himself and if you put him with Dats it will be too many cooks in the kitchen I feel.

Thoughts on trading for Reimer? His career numbers are pretty similar to Howard's. Possible 1A-1B situation, with the potential to bring out the best in both? Or just a really bad idea? I get that Howard's The Guy here. But...

God please no. The guy can't catch. He gives up terrible goals consistently where he shoots himself in the foot. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#585 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Bert absolutely needs to go.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#586 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Package Tatar, Smith and Franzen for Ryan McDonagh. Throw in a pick or another D prospect if you need to. Might be an overpaymet but I feel like with what we have and the emergence of Nyquist it's not that much of one. I know it'll never happen but I can dream right?

#587 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Bert absolutely needs to go.

Yup, finally glad this is being recognized. Let him go back to FLA he's done here

#588 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

God please no. The guy can't catch. He gives up terrible goals consistently where he shoots himself in the foot. 

He's having a rough stretch, but, again, his career numbers are quite good, especially when you consider the team he's been playing for. Just saying, a Howard-Reimer tandem could be pretty sweet. Maybe.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#589 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

i reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyyy like the sound of a Z-D-J top line. :D

man, with everyone healthy the wings may be the deepest team in the league heading into next season (forward-wise of course)

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#590 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

on paper we could have a 4th line of Abdelkader Weiss and Helm next year

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#591 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

re-sign Legwand, trade for Edler....sign Morris, Mitchell, Vokoun. Done.

obviously keep the kids.  Kindl must go.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#592 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Must go: Cleary, Bert, Sammy, Tootoo, Quincey (we can do better), Kindl (disaster)

Must get: Top 4 dman

Don't need anymore forwards in addition to what we have. If we re-sign both Alfie and Legwand we are pushing Jurco back into GR or we have to trade Miller.

Don't need goaltending. I'm almost tempted to suggest we sign a cheap backup only because Howard seems to perform best without competition for some reason and when he is the workhorse. 

I can't wait to look at our clean cap sheet without all that trash in it. Weiss needs to pick up his game to make his cap number look more digestible though.

#593 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

. Weiss needs to pick up his game to make his cap number look more digestible though.

you mean get a healthy chance to start his game, right? I think he'll be great next season *fingers crossed*

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#594 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

With our needs for defence, and the cupboard full in GR just needing seasoning, a guy like Dan Boyle if he hits the FA market seems like a perfect fit. Exceptional break out passes, good shot, veteran presence and the important thing is fills the offensive top 4 guy need until Sproul/Ouellet/Marchenko/Backman/Jensen are ready to go. I'd overpay on a short term deal to get him with the cap space we're gonna have. 

#NOMOREKINDL

#595 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

With our needs for defence, and the cupboard full in GR just needing seasoning, a guy like Dan Boyle if he hits the FA market seems like a perfect fit. Exceptional break out passes, good shot, veteran presence and the important thing is fills the offensive top 4 guy need until Sproul/Ouellet/Marchenko/Backman/Jensen are ready to go. I'd overpay on a short term deal to get him with the cap space we're gonna have. 

This exactly. You do anything to get Dan Boyle if he is available. I also think that we will attract good UFA defensemen because these guys know we have datsyuk and z. Then when they see how good our young guys are. This team looks very attractive for a d-man IMO

#596 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

This exactly. You do anything to get Dan Boyle if he is available. I also think that we will attract good UFA defensemen because these guys know we have datsyuk and z. Then when they see how good our young guys are. This team looks very attractive for a d-man IMO

Anything including giving him a 3 year deal?

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#597 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Anything including giving him a 3 year deal?

Yes id give Boyle a 3 year deal

Edited by Nyquistfan14, 28 March 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#598 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Rather have Niskanen

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#599 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Next Year:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Alfredsson (Jurco)

Weiss - Legwand - Franzen

Miller - Helm - Abdelkader

Glendening/Andersson

Deepest group in the league there. We have 2nd lines and an amazing 1st. That 4th line can be counted on heavily too. Considering what we paid for Legwand I don't see us letting him walk just yet.

Weiss is a huge "?" - if we buy him out we are still overloaded once Mantha and Pulkkinen make the jump. Ideally he returns to form and makes us that much deeper.

Honestly, we can work a trade here - we have Jurco (ready) AND Mantha AND Pulkkinen (ready soon) along with Glendening/Andersson/Callahan/Ferraro all potentially being available for 4th line duty. In one year we will see Alfie gone, but that just bumps Jurco in. We still can move other players considering we have Mantha and Pulkkinen. 

We are sof****** rich in forwards the possibilities are endless. We are also very deep in D prospects. The management have some scary decisions to make this offseason in terms of re-singing players and their contract lengths to avoid logjams in coming years.

One thing is clear - we ABSOLUTELY have no room for Cleary and Bertuzzi anywhere unless it is a organizational position doing something random.

#600 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

I think Cleary and Bert are gone after the season. Quincey is the one I am trying to figure out.