• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

If we're trading for a Vancouver Dman...I'll take Bieksa. But I'm also a BGSU alum, so I might be biased.

Our PP has struggled and we lack a decent puck ,moving Dman...I'd much rather see if Almquist can play 3rd pairing 5-5 and PP for us than spend major $$$$ or assets on high end defenseman when we have a number of really good prospects in the pipeline

this team is going nowhere with Howard.

That's why Mrazek needs to be backing him up next season rather than bring Gus back on another deal. Mrazek is the guy who this team will win with. Time to get him regular NHL playing time.

I dont think a whole lot needs to be done on D. Having E healthy gives a solid top 4 is Smith keep improving the way he has. The issue putting together a solid 3rd pairing. Having a vet shut down dman would go a long way in helping that.

I say buyout franzen, resign Legwand to be that big body that franzen is supposed to be. If alfy wants back then he comes back. If alfy doesn't come back try to sign vanek, moulson, maybe Penner.

Up front you'd have

Z-datsyuk- alfy/UFA

Legwand- Weiss- nyquist

Tatar-sheahan- jurco

Abby- helm- glenny/miller

I would actually love it if we had mantha on that top line.

Defense needs so major work. Let Quincey go, move kindl for maybe a prospect or pick, and move lash as well for anything. Bring in Dan Boyle for 2 years at 5.5 mil per or niskenen on a longer term for 5-5.5 per.

Top 4 becomes.

Kronwall- smith

Dekeyser- Boyle/niskanen

Your bottom pair obviously has E on it then the last two spots are up for grabs between xo, sproul, and marchenko.

I would also consider dangling Howard to bring in either a top pairing d or an elite forward as I do believe mrazek is ready.

On a side note about mrazek I love the way the kid plays the puck he's like a 3rd d-man which is huge to break the forecheck. This is something Howard is awful at

lol Mrazek is getting so overrated, guy hasn't even played 10 NHL games yet and people magically think he could fix all the problems with this team...

Howard and Monster may not be elite but a good defense is much more needed than another unproven goaltender. The first pairing is not good enough making that pairing better automatically improves the whole defense so somone like Letang, Niskanen or - if available - McDonagh should be priority #1

That line-up is again way too soft and if people are furious with Franzen floating watch Vanek having one of his stretches.

Matt Moulson for 4,5 not gonna happen the guy wants to get paid.

LOL Franzen streaks and puts up 40 points total. Vanek "streaks" and puts up 65 this year, between three different teams (different systems/teammates) AND no Datsyuk. How does that compare to Franzen? Is it the 11 points over his last 31 playoff games?

lol Mrazek is getting so overrated, guy hasn't even played 10 NHL games yet and people magically think he could fix all the problems with this team...

Howard and Monster may not be elite but a good defense is much more needed than another unproven goaltender. The first pairing is not good enough making that pairing better automatically improves the whole defense so somone like Letang, Niskanen or - if available - McDonagh should be priority #1

Nobody is saying he is gonna magically solve all this teams problems. I don't think it is far fetched to say he is our future goalie. But he will never get to grow into that roll in the AHL, which is why he needs to be the next Red Wings back up. So he can get his experience and get better.

LOL Franzen streaks and puts up 40 points total. Vanek "streaks" and puts up 65 this year, between three different teams (different systems/teammates) AND no Datsyuk. How does that compare to Franzen? Is it the 11 points over his last 31 playoff games?

There is a certain guy known as John Tavares just saying. Vanek is not what this team needs he CAN go hard to the net but he also can go mia. I'd rather invest those 7,5 annually into an elite defenseman.

Compliance buyout Mule + regular buyout on Tootoo is a ~$5.2M in free space alone. All this cap space the Wings will have is nice, but anyone worth it is already signed. We either go for a forward or beef up the back end, but that is going to have to come via trade.

I wonder what LA would want for Nolan. Let's add some size to play along with Helm and Luke.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Compliance buyout Mule + regular buyout on Tootoo is a ~$5.2M in free space alone. All this cap space the Wings will have is nice, but anyone worth it is already signed. We either go for a forward or beef up the back end, but that is going to have to come via trade.

I wonder what LA would want for Nolan. Let's add some size to play along with Helm and Luke.

No need to buy out Tootoo with only 1 year left on his deal. The cap hit is far from hurting the team.

There is a certain guy known as John Tavares just saying. Vanek is not what this team needs he CAN go hard to the net but he also can go mia. I'd rather invest those 7,5 annually into an elite defenseman.

Right. And Tavares explains his 4 goals and 5 assists in 13 games w/ Buffalo this season, or 41 points in 38 games last year with them, or his six goals and nine assists in 18 games with Montreal?

Just checked Capgeek for our team, so thrilled that Cleary, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi and Quincey are UFA's. Please do not resign these guys, that's close to $10m off our salary cap.

Alfie ... performance per $ wise, he's not bad. I wouldn't be disappointed if we gave him another year.

Legwand ... no thanks.

Got to get Weiss going ...

Franzen ... he's at $4m ... that's fine, he produced 16g, 25A, 41 pts

Sign Sheahan, Tatar, DeKeyser

Let Mrazek back up Howie.

Sign a good Dmen or 2, like Erhoff, bring up Mantha ... we should be in good shape.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Lashoff won't be back. He's a serviceable 7th guy, but we have too many D-men pushing for a spot. We don't need a designated 7th guy anymore. If someone is injured, we can just call up whichever of Sproul or Oullet who isn't up with the Wings at the start. I don't see both starting with the Wings.

Kindl's gone. I hope Quincey is gone but fear Holland will look at the tough market and overlay for him out of desperation.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I am telling you, Morris and Mitchell in place of Q and K and your D is tons better. 2 years each to bridge the gap while Sproul, Ouellet and Marchenko mature and learn the Detroit system. Trade K, AA and Lashoff...

Kronwall - Smith

Ericsson - Morris

DeKeyser - Mitchell

lights out.

Guest DeGraa55

I'd really like to get Moulson this offseason. He is the kind of player you put with a skilled C that creates chances. He will bury the chances he gets unlike Abby.

Vanek is likely going to MIN from what the media says but I'd like to hear that Kenny at least made a comparable offer but was turned down - otherwise he isn't doing his job.

I know this is going to be unpopular but I don't want to see any acquisitions on D. I think Marchenko and Ouellet are ready and should be up next year. By no means do I rank these 2nd and 3rd pairings any differently - I think Babs has shown he likes to play his pairings pretty equally:

Kronwall - Smith

Dekeyser - Marchenko

Ericsson - Ouellet

Lashoff (with Sproul as first call-up)

I think that if you split Ouellet and Marchenko up like that we will be just fine. Ouellet won't make many rookie mistakes and Marchenko has already played in the KHL. Those pairings all have size and skating. I know people will want E back with Kronner but I just don't think E is a top pairing guy who moves the puck that way. I think that E with Ouellet could be a very steady pairing that can be relied upon to kill penalties going forward.

Let's face it - we aren't getting a top pairing Dman through trade because they aren't available often and Holland blows at trading. I don't see why we should pay top dollar to get a top-4 guy like Edler or Ehrhoff when we will only create a logjam in our D development pipeline going forward and open up a hole somewhere else on the team. Our kids can step up just fine it just takes a shred of patience.

I've actually said for about a year now we don't need to add another defenseman. Smith kronwall e and dekeyser will work as a top 4. If we find a righty sure that be nice. Or vet for third pairing. But forward is more important IMO.

I absolutely disagree. None of our defenseman are good puck movers anymore except Kronwall. Smith may be one day, but it's just as likely he regresses like Kindl did.

We need a right hander for sure. A lot of people have a "good enough roster" outlook. To win the Cup we will need a defense like:

Kronwall-Top 2 puck moving guy

Ericsson-Smith

DeKeyser-Oullet/Sproul

Provided Smith doesn't regress that might be good enough.

Defense takes priority but this is a team with holes at every position and lacks an identity. They need to settle on a playing style that works and find the talent for that style.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Guest DeGraa55

I've read on Hf that some Penguins fans would rather trade Letang and re-sign Niskanen for cheaper. Would you guys entertain a deal for Letang? His value is at an all-time low right now. RH young puck mover - legit top pairing dman.

No

Heres the biggest question for the management team this off season. Is marchenko Sproul Oulette Jensen ready? If not sign a d man. Buy out mule that's gotta happen. No chance he stays with that contract

Gotta think that Ouellet is ready. Considering how he handled an NHL elimination playoff game I would say he is ready. Marchenko has all the physical tools and experience in the KHL - I think he is ready too. Sproul needs a little more seasoning to round out his defensive game but should be up barring injuries as the first call up. I'm scared of what happens to Backman/Jensen/Sproul with all of this... if Marchenko and Ouellet play solid then we have 6 full timers up with Kronner, E, Smith, DD, Marchenko, Ouellet. Do we trade a couple for a legit upgrade? It seems like we are one year away from some sort of blockbuster potentially.