• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

^ IMO. Goal should have been reviewed and disallowed. The goalie would have easily been back in position if he didn't have his left skate kicked back towards the net by Nyquist- halfway into the crease.

It was more of an ideal world roster kind of situation, but we absolutely have the assets to make it happen. I suppose that I would trade Tater, Backman and our 2014 1st for Burns this year, call up Mantha, pulkkinen and marchenko, give all of our young players and Weiss a year to prove themselves, and then trade Nyquist, weiss, athanasiou and our 2015 1st for wheeler next summer.

Not sure why everyone got so offended, its not like that roster is impossible to achieve...

Wasn't offended, just curious who you thought would be traded for each guy. I feel like that's a lot for Blake Wheeler though.

^ IMO. Goal should have been reviewed and disallowed. The goalie would have easily been back in position if he didn't have his left skate kicked back towards the net by Nyquist- halfway into the crease.

So you want the goal reviewed for goalie interference, but you miss the holding/hooking call that leads to the penalty shot for Nyquist?

There's no distinct kicking motion. (...of goaltender) The call on the ice stands.

Aren't some of our guys signed up for the Gary Roberts is gonna make you a man this summer camp?

I lol'ed.

That being said... let's hope so.

So how are we acquiring a roster like this? Who do you give up for Burns and Wheeler??

I'm guessing he sent Weiss and Tatar to the Jets for Wheeler, plus Nyquist and Miller to the Sharks for Burns. (based solely on who he left out of his lineup)

Wait. You guys are worried about pieces traded away and acquisitions, but you fail to see who your third line center is... really? REALLY? Really?

[cquote name=Dabura" post="2520458" timestamp="1400117816]

The captain and alternates are pretty untouchable. Beyond them, though, yes - I'd be willing to move anyone in the system for the right return. Even Mantha.

So we got a guy who's got unbelievable talent and can very possibly get us 40 goals a season and we trade him?

I'm sorry but mantha is untouchable , you can't get those guys through trades ... We are beyond fortunate to have gotten him where we did ... I can't tell you who was drafted but if last years draft was done today mantha would go top 5

[cquote name=Dabura" post="2520458" timestamp="1400117816]

The captain and alternates are pretty untouchable. Beyond them, though, yes - I'd be willing to move anyone in the system for the right return. Even Mantha.

So we got a guy who's got unbelievable talent and can very possibly get us 40 goals a season and we trade him?

I'm sorry but mantha is untouchable , you can't get those guys through trades ... We are beyond fortunate to have gotten him where we did ... I can't tell you who was drafted but if last years draft was done today mantha would go top 5

It comes down to what we'd be getting in return. The thought is we could get an elite NHLer for a prospect who may or may not become an elite NHLer and, either way, probably wouldn't end up being as big for us as the elite NHLer in question is going to be for us in the here and now and for however long he's a Red Wing.

Thoughts on Kevin Hayes?

Chicago's first-round pick in the 2010 draft, just finished his senior year at BC. The point of intrigue: the 'hawks haven't signed him yet. And if he hasn't signed by June 1, he is, at that point, eligible to become a UFA in August. He's playing in the Worlds atm, on Team Abdelkader. Maybe Abby and DK can do a bit of recruiting? "Don't sign with those guys. They're all assholes."

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/updates.html

Kevin Hayes will NOT sign with the Chicago Blackhawks because of issues ste[m]ming from the departure of his brother Jimmy.

Thoughts on Kevin Hayes?

Chicago's first-round pick in the 2010 draft, just finished his senior year at BC. The point of intrigue: the 'hawks haven't signed him yet. And if he hasn't signed by June 1, he is, at that point, eligible to become a UFA in August. He's playing in the Worlds atm, on Team Abdelkader. Maybe Abby and DK can do a bit of recruiting? "Don't sign with those guys. They're all assholes."

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/updates.html

While I do think he's a good player with potential that quote says he's emotional, quite frankly his brother was never good enough to make the team. He'll need to grow up soon or will have his feelings hurt too often in the nhl

While I do think he's a good player with potential that quote says he's emotional, quite frankly his brother was never good enough to make the team. He'll need to grow up soon or will have his feelings hurt too often in the nhl

That's just a blog I craftily quoted to suite my purposes. It's in no way official, and, in fact, the kid's agent has stated that whatever happened with Jimmy Hayes isn't an issue...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4682279/agent-prospect-hayes-weighs-signing

I wouldn't put too much stock in what his agent says either, though. (I mean publicly.)

Bottom line, the kid's not obligated to sign with Chicago. Should he become a UFA, more than a few NHL teams will be courting him.

Edited by Dabura