• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

My impression is Engelland is gone. I mean from Pittsburgh. He's going to want a raise, and they're not in a position to give him one, so he probably goes to Edmonton. That's what I've heard from Pens fans.

Not to be grumpy me, but Murray is terrible, and the rest of those guys are largely-inconsequential depth guys. With the kids we have on the farm, I don't see us going for one of them unless it really makes sense. I think my ideal scenario, re: our bottom pairing, is Ericsson gets bumped down to the third pairing - because we land a Realgud top-four defenseman - and he embraces his gritty, stay-at-home, crease-clearing, bare-bones basics side. Put him with Marchenko and that's a Realgud bottom pairing that can shut down, block shots, kill penalties, play heavy in front our net and in our corners - and also move the puck really well and put some points up.

Agreed. Murray has looked bad this year. Also read that Alberts may retire due to nasty concussion symptoms he sustained earlier this year on a hit by Brian McGrattan. Didn't Ken say we're looking for a bottom pairing defenseman?

I'd be more reluctant to move Jurco than I would to move Nyquist or Tatar. He's big, not afraid to play the body, and is only going to get tougher to play against. Nyquist and Tatar are redundant. I'd prefer to lose one or the other of them rather than a guy like Jurco. Plus, upgrading the package to include one of the more NHL proven guys would likely make it easier for Vancouver to swallow Andersson as the third piece of the trade.

Truth be told though, I'd rather it was Helm, Abby, or Smith than any of the guys mentioned above, but you can't always get what you want eh?

I agree with all of this. *reads it over again* Yep.

Then lets flip Abs and Helm 1st+2nd+3rd+4th+5th+6th for Malkin and Letang

They better add a bag of pucks to make that deal more fair.

In all seriousness, if anyone here seriously expects the team to look much different going into next season will be disappointed. Mantha will be in the AHL, there will be no big trades, any FA additions will be older players on short term deals with moderate cap hits.

Book it.

Agreed. Murray has looked bad this year. Also read that Alberts may retire due to nasty concussion symptoms he sustained earlier this year on a hit by Brian McGrattan. Didn't Ken say we're looking for a bottom pairing defenseman?

Not that I can remember, but it's possible, given how awful Kindl and Lashoff were together (though, they were only together because Ericsson was hurt). But I've gotta think those spots will be filled internally, unless Babs feels we need some more snarl and maybe some more veteran leadership. In that case, I might like Matt Greene on a one-year deal.

In all seriousness, if anyone here seriously expects the team to look much different going into next season will be disappointed. Mantha will be in the AHL, there will be no big trades, any FA additions will be older players on short term deals with moderate cap hits.

Book it.

And Jarnkrok will win all the trophies and score all the goals for Nashville.

Book it.

Normally, I'd fully agree. But I'm hoping the frustration Z and D have expressed, and the way we were torched in the first round by a team we absolutely can't compete with without making a major change or two, and the wealth of tradeable assets, and the significant chunk of cap space we should be clearing up, and Babs calling our recent playoff futility a "five year drought," and our core only having a few good years left...I want to believe Kenny will approach things differently this summer. I'm hoping there's an honest push to really, truly compete for Lord Stanley's Cup, as opposed to making the playoffs and treating everything past that point as a bonus.

Actually, the thing that really gives me hope is the Kings' run. One of my absolute pet peeves is referencing their 2012 run as this magical Cinderella story that nobody could've predicted because they were the eighth seed. Bulls***. They won because they were an incredible team. Now they're proving it wasn't a fluke. They're proving you have to be really f****** good to be a dominant postseason team and a true perennial contender.

Our core deserves one more Cup.

Why Not...

1. Trade Jurco, Andersson, 2014 1st Round Pick (#15) for Ryan Kesler

2. Trade Dekeyser, Tatar, Marchenko, and 2015 1st + 2016 Cond 2nd for Shea Weber

3. Sign Boyle

4. Re-Sign Alfie

ZETTERBERG - DATSYUK - ALFREDSSON

FRANZEN - KESLER - MANTHA

NYQUIST - SHEAHAN - PULKINNEN

ABDELKADER - HELM - MILLER

WEBER - KRONWALL

ERICSSON - BOYLE

KINDL - SMITH

HOWARD

what's the cap hit on that? Plus you don't have Weiss

Why Not...

1. Trade Jurco, Andersson, 2014 1st Round Pick (#15) for Ryan Kesler

2. Trade Dekeyser, Tatar, Marchenko, and 2015 1st + 2016 Cond 2nd for Shea Weber

3. Sign Boyle

4. Re-Sign Alfie

ZETTERBERG - DATSYUK - ALFREDSSON

FRANZEN - KESLER - MANTHA

NYQUIST - SHEAHAN - PULKINNEN

ABDELKADER - HELM - MILLER

WEBER - KRONWALL

ERICSSON - BOYLE

KINDL - SMITH

HOWARD

lol, ya, maybe we can trade datsyuk for chicagos 1st round pick, some conditional sloppy seconds, bickell and and rozsival...

hearing over this side of the pond that an NHL team has offered a deal to Bobby Sanguinetti. His KHL side have released him today, could we be involved? R/H D puck moving D with great skating ability, can't recall why the Canes let him go.

hearing over this side of the pond that an NHL team has offered a deal to Bobby Sanguinetti. His KHL side have released him today, could we be involved? R/H D puck moving D with great skating ability, can't recall why the Canes let him go.

I'm pretty sure they let him go because he was terrible and played his way off the team.

If the canes didn't want him and he was released from the khl I definitely will have to say pass

Wasn't he drafted by New York where he was an AHL stud, then traded to Carolina where he put up six points in 38 games, not re-signed when his contract expired, and ultimately put out to pasture in Russia?

Seems a little like Linus Omark to me.

I am still loving the Kesler scenario. I am pretty sure Holland really wanted him at the deadline, but the price was too high then. We all know that Holland eventually gets his target, well usually. I really don't think we'd miss Smith or Helm if we got Kesler. We most definitely won't miss that 1st round pick, especially if Vancouver sends us back their 2nd.

to VAN: Brenden Smith, Darren Helm, GRR prospect (no exemptions left,) 1st round draft pick

to DET: Ryan Kesler, 2nd round pick

Dump Kindl and possibly Lashoff as well.

my perfect scenario gets us Kesler, Edler and Booth and we get rid of Andersson, Franzen, Smith, Helm, Almqvist...but that is just me, I am not saying that will be a trade package, only suggesting who I'd like and who I wouldn't mind going if there were a blockbuster between us and VAN...

BTW, we haven't heard the name Hemsky around these parts in a few...right handed forward...Holland loves him...he could be a pickup we weren't expecting...or were we?

Edited by LeftWinger

I am still loving the Kesler scenario. I am pretty sure Holland really wanted him at the deadline, but the price was too high then. We all know that Holland eventually gets his target, well usually. I really don't think we'd miss Smith or Helm if we got Kesler. We most definitely won't miss that 1st round pick, especially if Vancouver sends us back their 2nd.

my perfect scenario gets us Kesler, Edler and Booth and we get rid of Andersson, Franzen, Smith, Helm, Almqvist...but that is just me, I am not saying that will be a trade package, only suggesting who I'd like and who I wouldn't mind going if there were a blockbuster between us and VAN...

BTW, we haven't heard the name Hemsky around these parts in a few...right handed forward...Holland loves him...he could be a pickup we weren't expecting...or were we?

What are you basing these statements on?

to VAN: Brenden Smith, Darren Helm, GRR prospect (no exemptions left,) 1st round draft pick

to DET: Ryan Kesler, 2nd round pick

Dump Kindl and possibly Lashoff as well.

Thats overpayment for Kesler and Nucks fans will say it leaves them with no 2C and Helm isn't good enough. Our 1st is fairly high and Smith is a great young player. Helm is the heart of our Bottom 6. You don't get all those pieces for a C that is on the decline and injury prone. Neither side likes this trade. Realistically I see the value as Smith + 1st + Almquist/Ferraro/Andersson for Kesler but again, Nucks fans will cry about no 2C.

Guest DeGraa55

Thats overpayment for Kesler and Nucks fans will say it leaves them with no 2C and Helm isn't good enough. Our 1st is fairly high and Smith is a great young player. Helm is the heart of our Bottom 6. You don't get all those pieces for a C that is on the decline and injury prone. Neither side likes this trade. Realistically I see the value as Smith + 1st + Almquist/Ferraro/Andersson for Kesler but again, Nucks fans will cry about no 2C.

I'd agree with nuck fans. Neither trade scenario has enough value going their way.