• Please log in to reply
2594 replies to this topic

#1621 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

Y'know, I'm not a big fan of Kesler or the idea of trading for him - but if the price is Jurco, Andersson, and our first-round pick in the upcoming draft? I strongly consider pulling that trigger.

I agree but I think they'd want better than Anderson as the third piece but who knows?

I'd be more reluctant to move Jurco than I would to move Nyquist or Tatar.  He's big, not afraid to play the body, and is only going to get tougher to play against.  Nyquist and Tatar are redundant.  I'd prefer to lose one or the other of them rather than a guy like Jurco.  Plus, upgrading the package to include one of the more NHL proven guys would likely make it easier for Vancouver to swallow Andersson as the third piece of the trade. 

Truth be told though, I'd rather it was Helm, Abby, or Smith than any of the guys mentioned above, but you can't always get what you want eh?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#1622 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:02 AM

Now that I think about it, Pittsburgh will likely re-sign Engelland due to some other names likely departing (Niskanen, Orpik?). Kevan Miller may have taken Adam McQuaid's spot on Boston's blueline. Wouldn't mind seeing us pick him up. Other UFA defenseman that would give us some snarl on the blueline include:

Matt Greene
Willie Mitchell
Clayton Stoner
Mark Fraser
Cory Sarich
Douglas Murray
Andrew Alberts
Sheldon Brookbank

Stoner probably stays in Minnesota. Murray interests me, but he's become so slow. Brookbank can play forward and defense, but he was a scratch for Chicago most of the year. Sarich and Mitchell would be okay, but they're both aging. I want Greene or Fraser, or McQuaid via trade.

I hope Orpik stays far away.

Greene and Fayne would be great options. Both big and physical, RHed, and UFA's. Either should be a good pair with Smith.

I'd be more reluctant to move Jurco than I would to move Nyquist or Tatar.  He's big, not afraid to play the body, and is only going to get tougher to play against.  Nyquist and Tatar are redundant.  I'd prefer to lose one or the other of them rather than a guy like Jurco.  Plus, upgrading the package to include one of the more NHL proven guys would likely make it easier for Vancouver to swallow Andersson as the third piece of the trade. 

Truth be told though, I'd rather it was Helm, Abby, or Smith than any of the guys mentioned above, but you can't always get what you want eh?

Yes. Jurco looks to be a more complete player down the road. Tatar is a sniper. There is already a replacement behind him that fits better in Pulkinnan-RHed. To get we will have to give. if we are going to give, give the guy that can be replaced the soonest.

#1623 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

I actually kind of agree. Except I don't think baby has much value equal to Anderson maybe a little more. But Tatar nyquist or helm I agree.

Smith I don't but I'm his biggest fan so ya....call me biased lol.

#1624 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Greene and Fayne would be great options. Both big and physical, RHed, and UFA's. Either should be a good pair with Smith.

Yes. Jurco looks to be a more complete player down the road. Tatar is a sniper. There is already a replacement behind him that fits better in Pulkinnan-RHed. To get we will have to give. if we are going to give, give the guy that can be replaced the soonest.

Personally I'd move Nyquist before Tatar, but I clearly agree with your general point.  I just like Tatar's attitude better.  Guys with that kind of attitude always seem to raise their game to the next level when you need it.  Plus, I'm a firm believer that the Wings could use a little more attitude and a little less stoicism in the locker room. 

I actually kind of agree. Except I don't think baby has much value equal to Anderson maybe a little more. But Tatar nyquist or helm I agree.

Smith I don't but I'm his biggest fan so ya....call me biased lol.

I know, and I can't stand Smith so I'm equally biased.  But we'll leave that one for another time.  I've probably beaten that horse to death anyway.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#1625 WingedWheel91

WingedWheel91

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Why Not...

1. Trade Jurco, Andersson, 2014 1st Round Pick (#15) for Ryan Kesler

2. Trade Dekeyser, Tatar, Marchenko, and 2015 1st + 2016 Cond 2nd for Shea Weber

3. Sign Boyle

4. Re-Sign Alfie

ZETTERBERG - DATSYUK - ALFREDSSON

FRANZEN        - KESLER    - MANTHA

NYQUIST         - SHEAHAN - PULKINNEN

ABDELKADER - HELM        - MILLER

WEBER       - KRONWALL

ERICSSON - BOYLE

KINDL         - SMITH

HOWARD

#1626 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Why Not...

2. Trade Dekeyser, Tatar, Marchenko, and 2015 1st + 2016 Cond 2nd for Shea Weber

3. Sign Boyle

4. Re-Sign Alfie

WEBER       - KRONWALL

ERICSSON - BOYLE

KINDL         - SMITH

HOWARD

Then lets flip Abs and Helm 1st+2nd+3rd+4th+5th+6th for Malkin and Letang

#1627 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

I've noticed you say something then you quote your own post a lot, do you have multiple personalities?

Yes, we do.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1628 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

My impression is Engelland is gone. I mean from Pittsburgh. He's going to want a raise, and they're not in a position to give him one, so he probably goes to Edmonton. That's what I've heard from Pens fans.

Not to be grumpy me, but Murray is terrible, and the rest of those guys are largely-inconsequential depth guys. With the kids we have on the farm, I don't see us going for one of them unless it really makes sense. I think my ideal scenario, re: our bottom pairing, is Ericsson gets bumped down to the third pairing - because we land a Realgud top-four defenseman - and he embraces his gritty, stay-at-home, crease-clearing, bare-bones basics side. Put him with Marchenko and that's a Realgud bottom pairing that can shut down, block shots, kill penalties, play heavy in front our net and in our corners - and also move the puck really well and put some points up.

Agreed. Murray has looked bad this year. Also read that Alberts may retire due to nasty concussion symptoms he sustained earlier this year on a hit by Brian McGrattan. Didn't Ken say we're looking for a bottom pairing defenseman?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1629 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

I agree with all of this. *reads it over again* Yep.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1630 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Then lets flip Abs and Helm 1st+2nd+3rd+4th+5th+6th for Malkin and Letang

They better add a bag of pucks to make that deal more fair.

In all seriousness, if anyone here seriously expects the team to look much different going into next season will be disappointed. Mantha will be in the AHL, there will be no big trades, any FA additions will be older players on short term deals with moderate cap hits. 

Book it.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#1631 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

Agreed. Murray has looked bad this year. Also read that Alberts may retire due to nasty concussion symptoms he sustained earlier this year on a hit by Brian McGrattan. Didn't Ken say we're looking for a bottom pairing defenseman?

Not that I can remember, but it's possible, given how awful Kindl and Lashoff were together (though, they were only together because Ericsson was hurt). But I've gotta think those spots will be filled internally, unless Babs feels we need some more snarl and maybe some more veteran leadership. In that case, I might like Matt Greene on a one-year deal.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1632 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

In all seriousness, if anyone here seriously expects the team to look much different going into next season will be disappointed. Mantha will be in the AHL, there will be no big trades, any FA additions will be older players on short term deals with moderate cap hits. 

Book it.

And Jarnkrok will win all the trophies and score all the goals for Nashville.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#1633 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

And Jarnkrok will win all the trophies and score all the goals for Nashville.

While getting all the assists and all the fights and making all the saves. Plus coaching.

#1634 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Book it.

Normally, I'd fully agree. But I'm hoping the frustration Z and D have expressed, and the way we were torched in the first round by a team we absolutely can't compete with without making a major change or two, and the wealth of tradeable assets, and the significant chunk of cap space we should be clearing up, and Babs calling our recent playoff futility a "five year drought," and our core only having a few good years left...I want to believe Kenny will approach things differently this summer. I'm hoping there's an honest push to really, truly compete for Lord Stanley's Cup, as opposed to making the playoffs and treating everything past that point as a bonus.

Actually, the thing that really gives me hope is the Kings' run. One of my absolute pet peeves is referencing their 2012 run as this magical Cinderella story that nobody could've predicted because they were the eighth seed. Bulls***. They won because they were an incredible team. Now they're proving it wasn't a fluke. They're proving you have to be really f****** good to be a dominant postseason team and a true perennial contender.

Our core deserves one more Cup.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1635 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

So we probably just sign Tom Gilbert.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1636 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

So we probably just sign Tom Gilbert.

Take that back.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#1637 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

Why Not...

3. Sign Boyle
4. Re-Sign Alfie

WEBER       - KRONWALL
ERICSSON - BOYLE
KINDL         - SMITH

HOWARD

what's the cap hit on that? Plus you don't have Weiss

#1638 StayClassy

StayClassy

Babcock's Doormat

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Our D looks so much better with Boyle on paper its crazy:

Kronner-Big E

Big D-Boyle

Oullett-Smith

Just an excuse for me to say Big D really...

Edited by StayClassy, 02 June 2014 - 03:33 PM.

"Let him live."

#1639 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Take that back.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1640 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Why Not...

3. Sign Boyle

4. Re-Sign Alfie

WEBER       - KRONWALL

ERICSSON - BOYLE

KINDL         - SMITH

HOWARD

lol, ya, maybe we can trade datsyuk for chicagos 1st round pick, some conditional sloppy seconds, bickell and and rozsival...