• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Sproul and Ouellet recalled from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

This has to be solely just to rest Kronner and another d-man tomorrow. If they wanted a serious look for the playoffs, it would have happened before this point. As much as I want other options beyond Lashoff and Kindl, throwing these two into the fire against Boston wouldn't be fair.

I understand how hockey works, and the logic or lack there of putting these two in against the Bruins blind, I just wish they would have done this a few weeks ago like they have with the rest of the kids. Give them a chance in the lineup, see how they play, Kindl and Lashoff obviously being ineffective and giving up way too many goals, it was worth giving them a shot. This late, it likely won't happen and we'll have a few mistake filled game with Kindl and Lashoff being the root of them, but it's nice to dream. Maybe one of them will play against the Jackets, play brilliantly, and be considered as an option over dumb or dumber on the 3rd pairing.

Guest Playmaker

While I think they both have bright futures, I'm just not ready to declare them NHL ready and have them as regulars in the lineup in the playoffs. I don't think it would be a surprise to see a repeat of Brendan Smith 2013 playoffs.

While I think they both have bright futures, I'm just not ready to declare them NHL ready and have them as regulars in the lineup in the playoffs. I don't think it would be a surprise to see a repeat of Brendan Smith 2013 playoffs.

Why not? Lashoff has proven just as much that hes not NHL ready as them and hes already peaked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'd rest Kronwall and Dekeyser. we cannot afford to lose either of them.

Same. They both deserve it. And nobody really talks about how DK went from

35 games a year in college to 65 this year paying 22 minutes a night in the best league in the world. He has to be exhausted.

I'm really hoping that one of these guys impresses enough to make the playoff roster, although if it hasn't happened by now, it won't happen this year.

From what I've read they aren't quite nhl ready yet, but I doubt they could be worse then our current favorites, kindl and lashoff. Smith has been awesome lately, Quincey has been OK kronwall and donkey Kong have been great

My guess is they called them up to give them the option to rest regulars if Columbus wins tonight. If Columbus loses, my guess is they'll stick with their playoff lineup sans Alfie.

This is what the reasoning was. They will rest regulars now that CBJ won. Free run for Ouellet and Sproul to show what they got. If they impress it is possible that one could break into the playoffs lineup with Kindl/Lashoff struggling. In reality they probably won't earn a shot but babs can see who is more ready if someone goes down with an injury.

From what I've read they aren't quite nhl ready yet, but I doubt they could be worse then our current favorites, kindl and lashoff. Smith has been awesome lately, Quincey has been OK kronwall and donkey Kong have been great

I don't want this to become another Kindl/Lashoff bash fest, but I just can't watch them on the same pairing. The whole not NHL ready thing is also really misleading though, who thought guys like Sheahan/Jurco were ready? Unless these guys get a chance it's tough to definitively say that they are not ready. It's disappointing that they weren't given a chance earlier, but now that the playoffs are here; I'd say its too late to make a change. You dance with the one that brung ya even though our date is not the best looking.

Im hoping this is a sign of either kindl or lashoff sitting for the playoffs....don't really care which one, as that pairing alone will single handedly eliminate us from the playoffs

I think id like to see:

Kronwall - Smith

Dekeyser - Sproul

Quincey - Lash/Kindl

This balances out the lines as much as possible while smith gets to keep playing with kronwall where he seems to play best

Plus if sproul turns out to be any good, his RH shot can really help on the powerplay.

Guest Playmaker

I don't see it happening. They are all supposedly "injured". Bertuzzi, maybe. Cleary, doubtful. Samuelsson, absolutely not.

As far as Sproul and Oulette go, these aren't over ripe 24 year olds. They are 20 and 21 years old. Its one thing to bring up Jurco or Sheahan during the regular season due a pure need for warm bodies at forward and bringing up two young defensemen to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs against the best team in the NHL and one of the most physical. It could give them valuable experience or it could shatter their confidence and put them back in their development.

Smith was 24 last year, with college hockey and minor league experience. He had some minor flashes of good play in between many cringe worthy moments. Lets look back and see how many fans wanted him on the fast track out of town during the Chicago series. Luckily, he's been mature enough to handle it and is steadily improving, but there's still plenty of mistakes. But that's with an entire season in the NHL. Most defenseman have to go through some growing pains. DeKeyser is the exception, not the rule.

I don't see either of them being the difference between advancing in the playoffs or not. Too much risk, not enough reward potential.

I'm really hoping that one of these guys impresses enough to make the playoff roster, although if it hasn't happened by now, it won't happen this year.

They can be a lot worse.

I don't want this to become another Kindl/Lashoff bash fest, but I just can't watch them on the same pairing. The whole not NHL ready thing is also really misleading though, who thought guys like Sheahan/Jurco were ready? Unless these guys get a chance it's tough to definitively say that they are not ready. It's disappointing that they weren't given a chance earlier, but now that the playoffs are here; I'd say its too late to make a change. You dance with the one that brung ya even though our date is not the best looking.

Sheahan plays a much more mature game than a typical rookie. Jurco has shown flashes but 15 points in 35 games isn't all that spectacular.