• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Sproul and Ouellet recalled from Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Sheahan plays a much more mature game than a typical rookie. Jurco has shown flashes but 15 points in 35 games isn't all that spectacular.

The 3rd pairing doesn't need to be spectacular.

Just reliable. Sproul and Ouellet aren't ready for that yet.

Just reliable. Sproul and Ouellet aren't ready for that yet.

All through out sports there have been tons of players that were though to be unready, yet once brought up they contributed. They may very we'll not be quite ready, but Holland had a perfect chance to bring these guys up; because sometimes players surprise you.

Plus Kindl/Lashoff haven't exactly been reliable either, so what makes them better then a rookie? NHL experience? That's sometimes grossly overrated.

These two are in for kronner and dekeyser. Bert also in for mule today

Because out of everyone, Franzen is the guy that needs the most rest. On a serious note though, maybe Franzen getting a mental health day, helps him relax.

a few rookie hesitation moments that led to rushes by the Blues, but in all not too bad. Sproul had time on the PP got away 3 shots and

Xav had time on the PK. 18.25 for Sproul and 16.21 for Ouellet so Babs gave them plenty of ice.

Ouellet was mostly invisible (in a good way), Sproul was very visible (in a mostly good way). Exactly what you'd expect from these two. They'll get at least another season on the farm, but will probably see quality minutes with the big club next season, given our annual injury woes. Throw in Marchenko and maybe Almqvist (though I think he gets traded), and the future of our blue line looks very bright.

I'd still like us to bring in a quality vet or two, though. Warming up to LeftWinger's pick - Derek Morris.

I thought Sproul played the better game, but Ouellet was very solid, aside from one miscue when he decided to step up at centre that led to a 2 on 1 for the Blues. Besides that, he was pretty invisible like Dabura said.

I was really really impressed with Sproul I have to say. Threw his body around - absolutely nailed Derek Roy into the boards at one point, no fear in jumping up into the rush, willing to unleash the slapper from the point and skates well. Got me rather excited.

Both players played their role well. Makes a little more comfortable heading into the offseason with the terrible UFA of D men available.

One Note: its amazing how Marckenko is ranked higher on the wings prospect board, with how solid these two played. Excited for these guys to see some time sparingly next year.

I thought Sproul played the better game, but Ouellet was very solid, aside from one miscue when he decided to step up at centre that led to a 2 on 1 for the Blues. Besides that, he was pretty invisible like Dabura said.

I was really really impressed with Sproul I have to say. Threw his body around - absolutely nailed Derek Roy into the boards at one point, no fear in jumping up into the rush, willing to unleash the slapper from the point and skates well. Got me rather excited.

Actually that was Sproul that stepped up in the neutral zone and let the Blues blow by for a 2 on 1. It was a glaring mistake, but it showed aggression and confidence. Other than that, he looked good, and his shot looks really heavy.

Oulette was in good position and didn't seem to stand out at all. He made a quick heads up play in the D-zone, where the puck came to him and he one-timed a pass up-ice to break Tatar or Nyquist on a breakaway. Very heads up play. Oulette looks like a mistake free defensive defenceman, but also capable of rushing the puck up ice.

Sproul really shines in the O-zone with that huge shot, and big body in the D-zone. Both are good skaters.

Both players played their role well. Makes a little more comfortable heading into the offseason with the terrible UFA of D men available.

One Note: its amazing how Marckenko is ranked higher on the wings prospect board, with how solid these two played. Excited for these guys to see some time sparingly next year.

I have yet to se a list (including Hockeys Future and Red Wings Central) that has Marchenko ranked higher than either Ouellet or Sproul.

I have yet to se a list (including Hockeys Future and Red Wings Central) that has Marchenko ranked higher than either Ouellet or Sproul.

As someone who watched a lot of Griffins games and who thinks the world of Sproul I think Marchenko is the best defenceman in our system whose not on the Wings right now.

If Sproul hits his potential I think he's the best of the 3 but right now I'd rank them Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul.

As someone who watched a lot of Griffins games and who thinks the world of Sproul I think Marchenko is the best defenceman in our system whose not on the Wings right now.

If Sproul hits his potential I think he's the best of the 3 but right now I'd rank them Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul.

That's why Marchenko got called up earlier in te year, Babcock and Blashill talk almost every day and Blashill was saying that Marchenko was their best d-man. If his season wasn't over I'm sure he would have been called up.

I was refering to comments made by managment, specifically Holland, who during a radio interview after Marchenko got hurt mentioned he was further developed and it was unfortunate he got hurt because he would have, most likley, been the first call up. Typical Holland talk though where he states something like that but then says "most likely" or "possibly"

Honestly what's the harm in letting them play in playoffs? They wouldnt be the first black aces to play in the playoffs before getting much regular season time. And even with rookie Inexperience they're better than Kindl.

Might not hurt to rotate one In for a game and see how they do. I don't think it would crush their confidence if they had a bad game.

Honestly what's the harm in letting them play in playoffs? They wouldnt be the first black aces to play in the playoffs before getting much regular season time. And even with rookie Inexperience they're better than Kindl.

Might not hurt to rotate one In for a game and see how they do. I don't think it would crush their confidence if they had a bad game.

It might not crush their confidence but it might crush our chances of getting past round 1

It might not crush their confidence but it might crush our chances of getting past round 1

At the same time, Lashoff-Kindl during the 2nd periods of Game 1 and 2 could crush our chances as well. Those guys get pinned deep in the d-zone enough as it is.