• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LAWings

Ryan Smyth Retirement Night

Rate this topic

Wow and awesome when the Canucks came back out. One of those players you wish had won the Cup.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=602677&catid=35

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=602691&catid=35

Also on the TSN video page (they don't provide links to embed) he comes out with his 5 year old son in matching Oilers uniform and C and they take to the ice.... so cool watching them come down the hallway and onto the ice for preskate...

So much respect. Smyth was a guy who lived and breathed oilers hockey, through good and bad. Nucks gained a lot of respect in my book too. Man deserves a cup. A warrior that asked for little and gave it all. Touching departure. He'll be missed by all.

Always showed up when Canada needed him at the World Championships as well. A guy who had a very nice career and was well-respected by just about everyone and who played the game the right way. Hockey needs more of his kind not less.

Wow what a send off! Hats off to the Vancouver Canucks for coming back on the ice. Ryan Smyth was not fast, he was not very big but he played with a ton of heart and determination. He battled in his last game like he did in every game he played. Smytty will be missed.

Man, what a tear jerker. You know this guy loved to play hockey, and he loved the city of Edmonton. I wish this guy won a cup, and he the closest he came was game 7 of the cup finals. I really hope he comes back to manage, coach, or work in the front office of Edmonton or another team. What a class act.