• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

4/13 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Blues 0

Rate this topic

Great way to finish the season! On a quick side note, I found it halarious that some dumb st. louis fans were getting sarcastic with Miller. He way by far their best player this game and was not the reason they lost at all. All that is going to do is make him not want to stay with them after this season.

Anyways, what a solid game by the Wings. Pavel was the best player on the ice in all regards, which was nice to see as we head into Boston. It is no coincidence that he finally loooks like himself and even Abby gets going with Franzen not being on their line. Why did they get going? Franzen was not there to slow them down. Nyquist adds a nice speed element to that line and I really hope Babs keeps that line together against Boston and throws Franzen on the 3rd line.

Guest Playmaker

Surprisingly entertaining for a meaningless game.

Playing one decent game against a floundering Blues team does not necessarily equal a Hall of Fame career.

Always such a pleasure to listen to Dave Strader call a game. Ken Daniels isn't bad, but Strader is just so smooth and professional and doesn't fall back on a lot of the silly clichés. Dave and Mickey were the best.

Solid end to a tough regular season. Mrzaek only seems to win if he's getting a shutout (2-4-0 on the season). Thought our newbie Dmen looked solid, still looked like rookies but they won't be far off. Bertuzzi looked real good, but I don't see a future for him on this team, I still think he retires after the playoffs. Nice to see Datsyuk playing at game level, didn't look 100%, more like 85% but looks like he'll be a real threat in the playoffs.

Now to take on the Big Bad Bruins!

Let's hope so! Though, man, the Blues have no pulse. Feel sorry for their fans. Looks like this probably won't be their year, after so much promise.

I actually feel kind of bad for them also. They just can't catch a break. Just goes to show you how hard it is to win the Cup. Everything has to go right and staying healthy is a huge factor. I mean if they get knocked out of the first round because of injuries that would suck. Oh well, on the other side they probably wouldn't be feeling sorry for us.

SO win on national tv. Incredible. Maybe a good omen.

AND an afternoon game. Something is wrong, very wrong.

St. Louis fans must be nervous. Losing their last 6 of the season? Ouch.

Edited by rrasco

Guest Playmaker

I hope the wings practice breakaways in the off season, jeez. Great game though, awesome for Mrazek to get that shutout.

Even the best shootout guys have a success rate in the 40% range, which means they only score 4 goals on every 10 shots. That's with having time to plan your shot. Missing two breakaways isn't exactly shameful.

St. Louis has lost in the early rounds the last two years in a row. Looks like three years this season, because I don't see them beating Chicago.

They're becoming a team that's only good for the regular season.

Which is odd because they seem likd they should be built for playoff hockey.

That's going to be a dynamite series. The best part? Someone's going to lose. :)

Nice avatar btw.

Guest Playmaker

Chicago hasn't exactly been dominant the last few months either. They're both missing key players to injury. You just never know what's going to happen. That's what makes sports, and especially the NHL playoffs such a blast.

I actually feel kind of bad for them also. They just can't catch a break. Just goes to show you how hard it is to win the Cup. Everything has to go right and staying healthy is a huge factor. I mean if they get knocked out of the first round because of injuries that would suck. Oh well, on the other side they probably wouldn't be feeling sorry for us.

I don't feel bad for them. (Well, maybe for some of them.)

I usually empathize with hockey fans everywhere, but I had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for several years. The core Blues fans are great, but they're a distinct minority. The vast majority are idiots, who couldn't care less if their team ever won a Cup. As long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they're happy. No coincidence that, for as long as most of us can recall, the Blues never fail to goon it up like crybabies every time they fall behind. Just giving their "fans" what they want.

Edited by Grateful Gadsby

I don't feel bad for them. (Well, maybe for some of them.)

I usually empathize with hockey fans everywhere, but I had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for several years. The core Blues fans are great, but they're a distinct minority. The vast majority are idiots, who couldn't care less if their team ever won a Cup. As long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they're happy. No coincidence that, for as long as most of us can recall, the Blues never fail to goon it up like crybabies every time they fall behind. Just giving their "fans" what they want.

I've also had the same experience. Nothing worse than a fanbase that acts like their team has actually won something in its 45+ year history, when in reality, it hasn't won squat.

They'd probably lose to Chicago even if they were healthy. Only difference is, their injuries made them drop in the standings in order to play Chicago instead of Minnesota or Dallas. But still, the Blues are not a team that gets it done in the playoffs.

ST. LOUIS — The NHL has not officially released a playoff schedule, but the Detroit Red Wings are starting their first-round series against Boston on Friday.

Game 2 is Easter Sunday; the Wings are under the impression it will be an afternoon game on NBC, but they aren’t certain.

Game 3 will April 22 in Detroit, and Game 4 will be April 24, also at Joe Louis Arena. if needed, Game 5 shifts back to TD Garden, on April 26. A Game 6 would be April 28 in Detroit, and a Game 7 would be April 30, in Boston.

Edited by Wings10