• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#241 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

SO win on national tv. Incredible. Maybe a good omen.

AND an afternoon game.  Something is wrong, very wrong.

St. Louis fans must be nervous.  Losing their last 6 of the season?  Ouch.

Edited by rrasco, 13 April 2014 - 02:22 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#242 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

I hope the wings practice breakaways in the off season, jeez. Great game though, awesome for Mrazek to get that shutout.

Even the best shootout guys have a success rate in the 40% range, which means they only score 4 goals on every 10 shots.  That's with having time to plan your shot.  Missing two breakaways isn't exactly shameful.

#243 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

St. Louis has lost in the early rounds the last two years in a row.  Looks like three years this season, because I don't see them beating Chicago.

They're becoming a team that's only good for the regular season.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#244 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

St. Louis has lost in the early rounds the last two years in a row.  Looks like three years this season, because I don't see them beating Chicago.

They're becoming a team that's only good for the regular season.  

Which is odd because they seem likd they should be built for playoff hockey.

That's going to be a dynamite series. The best part? Someone's going to lose. :)

Nice avatar btw.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#245 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Chicago hasn't exactly been dominant the last few months either.  They're both missing key players to injury. You just never know what's going to happen.  That's what makes sports, and especially the NHL playoffs such a blast. 

#246 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I actually feel kind of bad for them also. They just can't catch a break. Just goes to show you how hard it is to win the Cup. Everything has to go right and staying healthy is a huge factor. I mean if they get knocked out of the first round because of injuries that would suck. Oh well, on the other side they probably wouldn't be feeling sorry for us.

I don't feel bad for them.  (Well, maybe for some of them.)

I usually empathize with hockey fans everywhere, but I had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for several years.  The core Blues fans are great, but they're a distinct minority.  The vast majority are idiots, who couldn't care less if their team ever won a Cup.  As long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they're happy.  No coincidence that, for as long as most of us can recall, the Blues never fail to goon it up like crybabies every time they fall behind.  Just giving their "fans" what they want.

Edited by Grateful Gadsby, 13 April 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#247 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

I usually empathize with hockey fans everywhere, but I had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for several years.  The core Blues fans are great, but they're a distinct minority.  The vast majority are idiots, who couldn't care less if their team ever won a Cup.  As long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they're happy.  No coincidence that, for as long as most of us can recall, the Blues never fail to goon it up like crybabies every time they fall behind.  Just giving their "fans" what they want.

I've also had the same experience.  Nothing worse than a fanbase that acts like their team has actually won something in its 45+ year history, when in reality, it hasn't won squat.  

They'd probably lose to Chicago even if they were healthy.  Only difference is, their injuries made them drop in the standings in order to play Chicago instead of Minnesota or Dallas.  But still, the Blues are not a team that gets it done in the playoffs.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#248 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

ST. LOUIS — The NHL has not officially released a playoff schedule, but the Detroit Red Wings are starting their first-round series against Boston on Friday.

Game 2 is Easter Sunday; the Wings are under the impression it will be an afternoon game on NBC, but they aren’t certain.

Game 3 will April 22 in Detroit, and Game 4 will be April 24, also at Joe Louis Arena. if needed, Game 5 shifts back to TD Garden, on April 26. A Game 6 would be April 28 in Detroit, and a Game 7 would be April 30, in Boston.

Edited by Wings10, 13 April 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#249 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

On Friday? I thought we were set to start on Thursday?

#250 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

On Friday? I thought we were set to start on Thursday?

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1h

Babcock said Games 1 and 2 are Friday and Sunday in Boston.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 2h

Wings thought they'd be starting Thursday but apparently TV had other ideas.

Edited by Wings10, 13 April 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#251 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Ok, I didn't really know this. I honestly don't know any Blues fan nor have I ever been to St. Louis so I would have no idea.

#252 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

A nice positive at the very end of a very exciting season. Abby's hard work pays off with, as they say in soccer, a brace. The Wings are playing with confidence. They are playing fast and hard. They are a dangerous #8 seed. 

The Blues are a mess.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#253 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Babcock said Games 1 and 2 are Friday and Sunday in Boston.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2h
Wings thought they'd be starting Thursday but apparently TV had other ideas.
Expand

This is very positive for the wings. The longer layoff gives more rest for our vets and most importantly more time for Hank to be ready. Now instead of him returning in round 2 we will likely see him in game 6

#254 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Even the best shootout guys have a success rate in the 40% range, which means they only score 4 goals on every 10 shots.  That's with having time to plan your shot.  Missing two breakaways isn't exactly shameful.

Yes I'm aware, but aside from tatar's first I didn't even think they were good attempts. And it was 3 I thought? Not sure, either way though you can't argue that we're bad in the shootout.

#255 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Let's hope so! Though, man, the Blues have no pulse. Feel sorry for their fans. Looks like this probably won't be their year, after so much promise.

Karma from the Monsanto sponsorship?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#256 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

9734457.jpg

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#257 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

http://kuklaskorner....medium=facebook

First round playoff schedule, Wings V. Bruins

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#258 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Which is odd because they seem likd they should be built for playoff hockey.

That's going to be a dynamite series. The best part? Someone's going to lose. :)

Nice avatar btw.

How many guys are hurt now?  And they don't have good players to bring up like the Wings had.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#259 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'd rather have him logging up minutes with the Griffins. Monster is a good backup.

Not when he's always hurt.

#260 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Kinda sucks we don't start until Friday. I was hoping we would get a weekend home game this round but it doesn't look like we will.